PDA

View Full Version : Price of Frost Resist gear going up?

Belak
12-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I have heard that the mat cost of the crafted Frost Resist gear is going up in the next patch. I haven't been able to find the new prices to confirm that though.

Can anyone point me to actual numbers? Basically want to let my raid know so they can assemble it now if it's a significant increase.

thanatas
12-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Basically its only plate to my knowledge

Armor - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filter=minrl=80;cr=28;crs=1;crv=0)

Look at the mats for everything else and then plate. Plate doesn't require the frozen orbs like everything else.

Belak
12-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Ah, good catch. Yeah, that makes sense then. Now I just need to decide if our plate wearers actually need it.

Thanks!

Greygor@Rexxar
12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
when i heard this i went and made my frost set right away. Do tanks need frost resist for any fights atm? no, some use it on sapphiron, but its not needed, but i will be very surprised if neither ulduar or icecrown citadel have another frost dmg boss encounter, better safe than sorry imo

Conreeaght
12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
when i heard this i went and made my frost set right away. Do tanks need frost resist for any fights atm? no, some use it on sapphiron, but its not needed, but i will be very surprised if neither ulduar or icecrown citadel have another frost dmg boss encounter, better safe than sorry imo

Pretty much felt the same way. Sapphiron is the only real frosty boss. However, while they're cheap (requiring about 40 bars of saronite, 7fires, 7waters) pay a little now, then a lot later. The developers may very well tweak things to require it. You never know....

Lightmgl
12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Its a shame they got around to fixing this. Crafting + Disenchanting icebane was $$$.

Xav
12-31-2008, 04:04 PM

Yep. I expect at least SOMETHING in Icecrown to be a resist fight. I mean.

It's Icecrown.

Ice.