PDA

View Full Version : Bracer Enchants...

ADyukyuk
12-29-2008, 11:17 PM
So after running Naxx I won a roll for Minion Bracers - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39467)

Since I've noticed that on here and maxdps that they're the 3rd best Bracers before Heroic raids, so I'm willing to splurge and buy the best enchant for them, however, I can't seem to make up my mind on what since the different best enchant lists I see aren't fully updated... or at least I don't think they are.

What's the best selection?
Stats +6
Stamina (Fortitude) +12
Defense +12

Those are the 3 I've seen that are good so far, unless there are other suggestions or new ones coming in the next patch...
With the upgrade to these bracers my defense took a hit so I'm straight down to 540 so that made me a lil nervous, and thus considering the +def enchant.

For you "big picture" suggestors: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Lexisager)

I guess I just want a lil guidance to make sure i don't make a nub selection and spend the excess money on a useless enchant to only replace it later. I'm thinking Fortitude, but just double checking to make sure.

Thanks!

gacktt
12-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Personally I'd just save the gold and not use an enchant, next patch comes a 40 stamina one.

Use the 12 stam if you want one now.

Dreg
12-30-2008, 12:29 AM
I agree with gacktt, however I would like to advise you to NEVER EVER use maxdps for tanking. its TERRIBLE even in "full mitigation" settings it has DPS gear in its listings. there is no way to rate tanking gear the way max dps is trying to.

that being said if your not doing 25 mans, minions are just about the best bracers out there. so either throw a defense (if you need it) or a stam patch on it untill 40 stam comes out next patch,

ADyukyuk
12-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Excellent, I wasn't aware of the 40 stam one coming out next patch, thanks for the advice.

fatbchris
12-30-2008, 04:54 AM
What about +15 Expertise??? Everything ive seen says thats the best. Espacially to hit the 57 Expertise cap. Not sure if you just didnt add it cause it was a high priced enchant. Its really not that bad though. Something like 24 Infinite dust and 4 Greater Cosmics. On a side note, interesting to hear about the +40 stam coming. Then its going to be even harder to choose.

Fitzlestick
12-30-2008, 06:04 AM
It kinda depends on the rest of your gear.
My current bracers have +12def, because I got them really early and needed the extra defense to hit the 540 minimum. But if you're more then comfortable above the minimum, 15expertise is most likely your best bet. Once the new patch arrives, +40sta is a no brainer, anyone using anything else is just silly. Unless you seriously- overgear your current content, but still then you would most likely have very high expertise anyway already.

Parah
12-30-2008, 06:09 AM
Right now I'd get 15 expertise.

When the patch comes out. You get 40 stam then replace stamina gems with 16 expertise if you need more. 24 stam < 40 stam while 16 expertise is >15. Unless you already have no stam gems, should not be a question, especially with a ton of red slots on tanking gear.

orcstar
12-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Personally I'd just save the gold and not use an enchant
I try to always be enchanted/gemmed to the teeth, even on blue or intermediate items. I expect my raid to do the same and you can't expect someone else to do something you don't do yourself. Lead by example.

Maybe that explains why my riding skill still isn't 300 though ;-)

UWSkeletor
12-30-2008, 02:28 PM
So after running Naxx I won a roll for Minion Bracers - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39467)

Since I've noticed that on here and maxdps that they're the 3rd best Bracers before Heroic raids, so I'm willing to splurge and buy the best enchant for them, however, I can't seem to make up my mind on what since the different best enchant lists I see aren't fully updated... or at least I don't think they are.

What's the best selection?
Stats +6
Stamina (Fortitude) +12
Defense +12

Those are the 3 I've seen that are good so far, unless there are other suggestions or new ones coming in the next patch...
With the upgrade to these bracers my defense took a hit so I'm straight down to 540 so that made me a lil nervous, and thus considering the +def enchant.

For you "big picture" suggestors: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Lexisager)

I guess I just want a lil guidance to make sure i don't make a nub selection and spend the excess money on a useless enchant to only replace it later. I'm thinking Fortitude, but just double checking to make sure.

Thanks!

Unless the armory link you posted is wrong you shouldn't be worried about the 540 defense. You are missing enchants on your shield, gloves, shoulders, cloak and boots as well.

You should put +20 def on your shield. You could also get +22 def on your chest instead of +200 health. There's a +16 defense to cloak enchant as well.

You can add a gem slot to your belt for some extra defense too.

You have plenty of defense to play around with :)

So yeah, I'd put +15 expertise on your new bracers.

fatbchris
12-31-2008, 01:53 AM
You should put +20 def on your shield. You could also get +22 def on your chest instead of +200 health. There's a +16 defense to cloak enchant as well.

You can add a gem slot to your belt for some extra defense too.

You have plenty of defense to play around with :)

So yeah, I'd put +15 expertise on your new bracers.

Also to add onto UWSkeletors post, i wouldnt get the +16 Def to cloak yet, unless you've got a great cloak. There is a +12 Def to cloak thats an old enchant and is WAY less in gold to enchant for just 4 less def. The +16 def cost me about 500-600g last time i did it. The +12 def is like 30-50g tops.

Malignus
12-31-2008, 07:15 AM
The best course of action would be to get the +15 Expertise Rating or wait for +40 stam enchant in the next patch. The other options aren't worth the cost in mats.

Tnar
12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I try to always be enchanted/gemmed to the teeth, even on blue or intermediate items. I expect my raid to do the same and you can't expect someone else to do something you don't do yourself. Lead by example.

Yeah im in the same boat i always gem and enchant to the highest possible and as a result i rarely have more than a few hundred gold at any given time. But who needs an epic flyer anyway

Enemisses
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
I'd go with +12 stam for now, personally. I think that's rather cheap and should hold you over until the +40 stam enchant comes out in the next patch. If you're really looking to save on some gold though, I would just wait to enchant them.

Same here, in fact I've been 80 for a few days and just now decided start saving up for cold weather flying. I've been using that loaner flying mount for when it's necessary. >_>