PDA

View Full Version : Meta Gem issues for Feral Druid's

Bryan1218
12-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Is anyone else running into the problem where they can't find any blue sockets to activate the 32stam 2%armor meta? None of the "raid" quality gear seems to have blue sockets? Am I missing something?

Agrocasey
12-28-2008, 06:35 AM
You don't need to meet the gem socket colour, unless you want the socket bonus, and if you do want to match the socket bonus, you could always go with a purple (blue/red) or green (blue/yellow) gem. E.G. for purple, Expertise/Stam or Agi/Stam gems might be good for druids, and Hit/Stam or Haste/Stam for green.

Bryan1218
12-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Ok thanks, I am kinda of a noob doing higher end raiding so I wanted to make sure... Was 68 at wotlk launch and trying to catch up via crash course. My next question was for raiding(10 and 25) what gems do people see most viable, I understand with diminishing returns you dont want to stack too much of the same stat(is that right?)... So even though the Purple +8dodge +12stam seems great would I want to use that on every red or blue that I have?

Beoryn
12-28-2008, 12:24 PM
...I understand with diminishing returns you dont want to stack too much of the same stat(is that right?)... So even though the Purple +8dodge +12stam seems great would I want to use that on every red or blue that I have?

You get more out of agility than dodge rating. I either gem for agi or stam, or both. If there is a yellow socket that has a nice bonus I'll do a hit/stam green (i find that there is normally plenty of expertise on most leather). Unless the socket bonus will help your tanking, socket agi/stam or straight stam (if your dodge is low and your health is okay, go straight agi).

Kedearian
12-28-2008, 12:31 PM
I agree with Beoryn, I tanked all of TBC on my druid and AGI is the best stat you can stack as a druid. Crit, Dodge, Armor, AP.. really if only other tanks had it so easy. Right now going into a os10/naxx10 your gonna want to shoot for 30k hp unbuffed as a druid (in bear form of course). More if you can get it. You cant really conern yourself with the DR on dodge since you cant do anything other than dodge.

ked

Captain Fizz
12-28-2008, 12:42 PM
You can just ignore the gem bonuses. :)
Who cares about an extra 4 sta (bonus), if by putting a straight sta gem gives you 6 more sta than you would get anyway?

Only go for gem bonuses if you don't gimp the gem selection too much.

Agrocasey
12-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Just a comment about the Agi/Stam gem. Shifting Twilight Opal is not currently available to JC's, its in the game files, but along with several other rare quality gem cuts, there is no way to access the pattern.

So you will either have to settle for a Perfect Shifting Shadow Crystal (7 agi/11 stam) or your next best bet for matching a red socket would probably be guardian's Twilight Opal (8 Expertise/12 Stam) until you reach the cap.