PDA

View Full Version : Tanking enchants

Alphacide
12-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Im thinking of restarting wow and rolling a tankadin. I have been looking around, and I found a few new enchants that wherent around when I used to play.

What enchants are good for pally tanks, why?

Black magic
or
executioner
or
battlemaster
or
weapon chains

also, I was told they nerfed mongoose, whats that about?

Alphacide

Petninja
12-27-2008, 08:50 PM
The snakes nerfed our mongeeses? Bastards...

PS: I go with executioner because it looks pretty. You can tell how much of a min/maxxer I am. A pally wouldn't use Executioner though, too much holy damage that ignores armor.

juspugit
01-02-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm going with weapon chain all the way. It's cheaper, gives hit which helps all our abilities and disarm reduction. Did I mention it was cheap?

....and there's a +75 stm to wep enchant coming out that will beat all others anyway, get chain till then ;)

Pwidget
01-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah Executioner won't be too great for a Tankadin. However, in 3.8 they are adding a sexy 75 stamina weapon enchant. Until then go for the weapon chain.

And they really didn't nerf mongoose. Think of it as you would have looked at Crusader in TBC. The higher level over 60 you were, the less it procced and the less it did. Same way with mongoose after 70.

Bodasafa
01-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I did some testing regarding mongoose.

At lvl 80 mongoose on proc will give you roughly 1% dodge and 2% crit. I forgot what the armor bonus was. But needless to say its not all that it was.

Im using a weapon chain for hit right now, until they come out with the 75 stam enchant.

Jericho
01-06-2009, 02:45 PM
With the changes 3.0 gave to Paladin tanks, right now the AP enchants give us a decent boots. Mongoose's proc rate may be less than it once was (maybe), but it is still "decent" for tanking.

However, the weapon chain is nice, or the TBC +20 strength enchant are probably the best for now until we get the +75 Stamina enchant.