PDA

View Full Version : 5v5 - 5 F Deathknights?

Nightdemon
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Had a pretty evil plan tbh.... As of next patch, atleast, where Howling Blast CD is being removed.

5 Deathknights. All frost spec.

Spec so that Chains of Ice will give a guarantee on Frost Fever (amongst the typical Frost spe).

Deathknights run in, gather on top of each other. They each Deathgrip an assigned target (after popping Lichborne / IBF to avoid any interruptions during the procedure), and instantly pop Chains of Ice. Due to the spec, they have frost fever up from that.

They all pop Deathchill, and consequently, Howling Blast. Empower Rune Weapon -> Howling Blast -> Howling Blast.

I dont know about you... but personally... having 5 instacrits of Howling Blast (4-6k per target, x5 = potential of 20-30k on each target), followed by 2 more HBs that will hit for around 2k (4k per target, x 5 again, another 20k - Not including crits here), could pretty much wipe out any team.

As for any stealthed targets, how many of those could take out 5 Deathknights anyway....

Any responses? I may actually try this for giggles ;)

Irat
12-21-2008, 09:32 PM
That is genius but if your going to do it try out another for me.

DK one charges in and Death grips a Player back to the middle then a second DK Death Grips the player again taking them another 30yards away and into your group of 4.

There should be very little chance that the guy is not dead by the time a healer gets close enough to heal him.

Bloodwraith
12-22-2008, 08:24 AM
That is genius but if your going to do it try out another for me.

DK one charges in and Death grips a Player back to the middle then a second DK Death Grips the player again taking them another 30yards away and into your group of 4.

There should be very little chance that the guy is not dead by the time a healer gets close enough to heal him.

I think I would cry if that happened to me. That is a great idea though :p

Beardly
01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
the only way this comp will work is with a crapload of communication...even then its pretty much doomed.
when you pop lich, you can be turn undeaded, shackled, exorcism'd (ggretpallied) and all other sorts of demon/undead killing abilities. second, frost is teh bad. if you were all unholy this comp might work but it would also take a lot of communication. you have no healer and any competent healer/dps combo will peel n heel them off of you while the mage/hunter/boomkin on their team tears you 5 new ones (IF your frost)
if your unholy and you pop ams/amz, the melee will come in and distract while the ranges get healed up to full. Only way to counter this is to throw up marks of blood (21/0/50 uh spec) but again, if your frost your pretty sol as 5 dks. consider running 5 good UH dks, that would be op as hell. have one dk DG+Chains icy touch plague strike, others do scourge strike, scourge strike, blood strike, gargoyle...i dont know any way that a char could possibly survive that. as a healer id prolly break my keyboard in 5 pieces and set them on fire lol.

my suggestion:
get 5 UH DKs and discuss this strat.
buy a team and name it "ya ur frustrated" or "damn that sucks"
practice
get 1900+
profit.

unless you play mages..then its gg

Tatt
01-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Beardly thank you for making me laugh so hard...you jsut won the internetz :)

Nightdemon
01-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure if you read the post? <.<

By deathgripping them all into one spot, followed by 5x HB crits all round, thats an instant 20-30k damage... pretty much insta-death for anybody..... Can't really see how this would work as Unholy... <.<

Beardly
01-14-2009, 10:22 AM
frost might put out this kind of damage, but the amount it can put out over an extended period of time is way less than unholy. between good ghoul stunlocking and gargoyle bursting, theres pretty much no way they can win...but with frost, its pretty easy (except against 5 dps, frost would be better here) to peel and heel out of it

warrior:vene
rogue:vanish
mage:blink
pala:bubble
hunter:deterrence
lock:summoning circle (not like locks are even good anyumore ^.^)
priest (dies) teehee
druid: bear shift heal spam and probably die

but yea a good team will cc a dk and dispel spam your diseases, making frost damage be cut in half (read the tooltips)

unholy is teh gewd. nuff said.

and i already won the internetz when i named my dorf beardly lol

Nightdemon
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
It's not really healable.

Deathgrip, Chains of Ice, Deathchill. All in one macro - thats instantaneous.

1.5 Seconds later every DK will crit with Howling Blast.

Thats 4-6k damage, per target, per deathknight. 20-30k Instant AoE.

The idea is that you burst 2-4 members of the opposing team down instantly, (Giving stealthed / Bubble / High HP enemies etc).

Damage over-time isn't really an issue if you were to do this.

Atleast have an open-mind to other specs, cos atm, you're seeming like one of those 'Unholy is the best, nothing will change it, stfu you're wrong' type of people <.< Doesn't seem like you understood the tactic, either >.<

Beardly
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
im not one of those guys ^.^ i played blood forever and just went UH cuz i like it more.
i must have looked over the part about the DC/HB. somehow i still think that this comp will have counters. a skilled 5s team is a force to be reckoned with as far as play goes, and unless you guys are extremely geared/organized, i still dont think this comp could break 2k.
also, a 4v5 force can really only go so far...
after the first kill, then what? all your good cds are blown, your dces are all on CD...i mean it just looks kind of bleak after the first kill goes off

Nightdemon
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Thats kinda the thing... DC / HB from each DK, will amount to 20-30k AoE... thats 20-30k damage to all of the opposite team (pretty much).... not single target... = AoE Death.

Inaara
01-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Beardly just doesn't seem to understand that you're talking about the entire team dying... It would work Night, and wouldn't even need to be done perfectly. Killing even 2 or 3 of their team would put you in great shape. Death Strike is ftw after all.

Kazeyonoma
01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Warrior hits bladestorm, paladin bubbles, mage iceblocks, druid is still stealth along side rogue, rogue blinds one of you, druid cyclones enother, the other 3 are hurting now thanks to warrior blade storm, and your damage/cds are gone. they have healers, you don't, it's gg.

basically if you don't fire off and kill all of them at once, you're doomed to the fatal flaw of 5 dps teams. survival.

Inaara
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Warrior hits bladestorm, paladin bubbles, mage iceblocks, druid is still stealth along side rogue, rogue blinds one of you, druid cyclones enother, the other 3 are hurting now thanks to warrior blade storm, and your damage/cds are gone. they have healers, you don't, it's gg.

basically if you don't fire off and kill all of them at once, you're doomed to the fatal flaw of 5 dps teams. survival.

Since when does a Warrior's Bladestorm hurt? lol.

Kazeyonoma
01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
it allows him to break movement impairing so he can move away is the factor. the bladestorm is there just to put a little bit of damage on you. not to mention any damage is damage to you DKs without a healer.

Nightdemon
01-15-2009, 09:56 PM
mmm, not many palas would bubble while still at 100% HP? :< Essentially, if it worked, they'd go from 100%-0% in 1.5 Seconds (Initial Pull + GCD + HBs).

If they popped the IBF / Lichborne, their damage taken would be significantly reduced at the start :<

Whats the cast-time on Cyclone? It may be beatable. Blind would really probably be the worst-case scenario, or a paladin that notices you're all undead. (Mage could blink, but meh).

Killing 2-3 of them instantly would put you at a pretty huge advantage. 5v3 or 5v2 as DKs would be pretty easy, especially if specced for survival (besides the normal frost spec).

Oblivion
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
It's a gimmick setup. It will work for awhile, but when you start facing teams who you've already used it on, they're going to be ready for it and prepared to waste those cooldowns early on to counter. Not to say it won't be successful, that burst damage always will be a sort of wildcard. But, if you start queuing up against the same teams repeatedly, the one trick pony will inevitably run into trouble.

Beardly
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
i agree, this team will fly through the noob brackets but when you start playing good players your pretty much screwed

saady87
02-01-2009, 07:16 AM
someone was telling m e i n guild that the top arena team in wow is 5 prot paladins...how would 5 frost or unholy dk's fair with them against you

Bloodwraith
02-01-2009, 08:25 AM
someone was telling m e i n guild that the top arena team in wow is 5 prot paladins...how would 5 frost or unholy dk's fair with them against you

The top team in WoW right now is: BASEMENT ATHLETES - Team - Arena Junkies (http://www.arenajunkies.com/team/5v5/US/Kel'Thuzad/BASEMENT_ATHLETES/)

Beardly
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
lul i used to play with Swayy in vanilla when he was still a dudenelf...those were the days.
I miss my drood Crunkin...CURSE YOUUUU BLIZZAAAARRRDDD