PDA

View Full Version : Stratholme Baron Rivendare Mount Run

Ciderhelm
12-15-2008, 11:00 PM
This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

ifSSucBuDDE

Gorbachop
12-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Nice video, I'm going to have to keep that in mind when trying to get the 100 mount acheivement.

Edit: Ha! I just looked at your armory, nice T3.

Edgar
12-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Your run seems weird compared to mine.

First of all, after I kill all those abominations or what they're called, it takes quite some time before the door opens and I can kill Ramstein. Then some event starts and ~100 mobs come out of the gate to the left of where you fought your collected abominations.

Then it again takes at least a minute until the door opens and I can kill those 4 people.

I see you charge into the house and fight from there, I guess that skips the event. Will have to try.

Good video.

Ciderhelm
12-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Your run seems weird compared to mine.

First of all, after I kill all those abominations or what they're called, it takes quite some time before the door opens and I can kill Ramstein. Then some event starts and ~100 mobs come out of the gate to the left of where you fought your collected abominations.

Then it again takes at least a minute until the door opens and I can kill those 4 people.

I see you charge into the house and fight from there, I guess that skips the event. Will have to try.

Good video.
Yeah, it's an old trick we used to do in the 10/5 man version at 60. Make sure the last abomination dies near the door so you can run in for Ramstein. By keeping all those mobs up you can unequip your gear and just walk outside and you'll get destroyed by them.

Stonekin
12-16-2008, 08:01 AM
There is a bug:

Make sure your instance setting are normal before you enter instance.

I entered on heroic mode, and ofc, game said that there isnt heroic mode of Stratholme, after i switched to normal and proceeded to Slaughter Square and killed abominations - Ramstein didnt go out. Instead part of abominations respawned and Ramstein didnt show at all.

This happened two time to me.

maexio
12-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Did they up the drop rate on his mount? Or is it an 'achievement triggered' mount now,

Just curious, (can't see youtube at work, due to my own blocking of it...)

Sangi
12-16-2008, 08:38 AM
They upped it to 1 in 100 when 3.0 dropped but I thought that they had removed it since wrath. I know I had a guildie who did 1500 runs pre-nerf to get the mount. It would be a shame to have it so easy now compared to the work he put in.

maexio
12-16-2008, 09:24 AM
One in 100, sweet.. considering post 3.0 it took like 15 minutes to do (damn gauntlet doors)..

Sangi
12-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Pre-3.0 he was doing it 9 minutes. I guess after that many runs you get to know the tricks. On a side note he made a killing on shards and weapon coating potions. I think he started Wrath with close to 40k.

Spyre
12-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Quick UI question: Is it SCT-damage that is consolidating your multi-target damage (e.g. Thunderclap) into one number with the number of hits, etc? Or is that another mod? That would be awesomely useful to have to clean up all the damage spam on my screen without having to turn off the reporting for those attacks.

Edgar
12-16-2008, 11:02 AM
There is a bug:

Make sure your instance setting are normal before you enter instance.

I entered on heroic mode, and ofc, game said that there isnt heroic mode of Stratholme, after i switched to normal and proceeded to Slaughter Square and killed abominations - Ramstein didnt go out. Instead part of abominations respawned and Ramstein didnt show at all.

This happened two time to me.

Mate had that. GM had to continue the event for him.

Horacio
12-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Cool but I still need the Runecloth for Darnassus, Gnomer, and Exodar rep so speed runs meh. I need to kill everything.

Kairken
12-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you Cider very helpful

Krynis
12-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Quick UI question: Is it SCT-damage that is consolidating your multi-target damage (e.g. Thunderclap) into one number with the number of hits, etc? Or is that another mod? That would be awesomely useful to have to clean up all the damage spam on my screen without having to turn off the reporting for those attacks.

Last I checked only Mik's Scrolling Battle Text does that.

Cryst
12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Cool but I still need the Runecloth for Darnassus, Gnomer, and Exodar rep so speed runs meh. I need to kill everything.

If you're farming runecloth, UD side is largely ineffective as the spiders, gargoyles, and possibly the banshees don't drop any. Instead, the Market Row area, between UD and Live, consists of tightly packed groups that you can run through and aoe down. Yeah, I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but just saying that doing a Baron run while farming cloth is nowhere as fruitful as clearing Market Row in 3-4 pulls with 10+ stacks of cloth per instance reset. Sadly, it takes 2-3x as long to loot it all....

Edgar
12-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Anyone got some tips on the spider boss?

She encases me in her webs and runs a few feet, I can get out of there once with my racial, she then encases me again and goes back some more steps, eventually stepping close enough to aggro some mobs. This slows me down and seems unnecessary. She's usually not close enough to charge-break the webs and also my chances of aggroing more mobs by charging into their direction go up.

Dubzil
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
spider boss always goes to the same spot after the first wrap, just position yourself far enough away to charge, you should be able to down her before the 2nd wrap.

BTW, is it quickest to get killed and run back as ghost after baron? or just run out?

Licentia
12-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Last I checked only Mik's Scrolling Battle Text does that.

Parrot has always done it as well.

Krynis
12-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Parrot has always done it as well.

Have not used that, good to know.

Szader
12-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Wait a second... there's now an achievement for getting 100 mounts? What kinds of good things does that have?

LxDraco
12-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Is it just me or does cider have a female character as well... something seems off when he posts videos sometimes. The character doesn't look the same.

gilmantor
12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
can anyone clarafy what the drop rate actually is now?

Tortured-x
12-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Wait a second... there's now an achievement for getting 100 mounts? What kinds of good things does that have?

don't quote me on it but i think they added 2 dragon hawk mounts for the mounts achievement

Judar
12-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I watched this vid yesterday and it inspired me to give it a serious try. After 4 runs, I had a ridiculous stroke of luck and got the mount~

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/VanirSoD/th_BaronJudar-1.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/VanirSoD/?action=view&current=BaronJudar-1.jpg)

I heard the drop rate was raised since patch 3.0.2 or something. Checked wowhead and it's 1%, up from .1%, apparently. I don't have any hard proof on this.

Edgar
12-19-2008, 01:03 AM
There was a blue post about the droprate.

Truth
12-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Great vid.. but for a second I thought it was for the The Culling of Stratholme mount run :(

Haven't had a chance to really try a speed run for that, but if there's any advice (or video hint hint nudge nudge) I'd like to hear/see it.

Edgar
12-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Great vid.. but for a second I thought it was for the The Culling of Stratholme mount run :(

Haven't had a chance to really try a speed run for that, but if there's any advice (or video hint hint nudge nudge) I'd like to hear/see it.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/41775-heroic-stratholme-drake-run.html

Redmurdoc
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Just wondering how you got your UI to post the damage on the sides of your toon and not over the mobs. Addon or interface? Also saw it in the Naxx video.....looks like a lot let clutter.;)

adrenalize
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Night Elf's, Shadowmeld is your friend.

Was doing this earlier and running from one Zig to the other, then using shadowmeld to get me out of combat :)

TheCommunist
12-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Great guide!

Never thought of staying inside the last keep after Ramstein, that's gonna save me a lot of time.
Hope to se a mount soon, I'm doing four runs a day and this damn mount is killing me.
goof luck yall

Styth
12-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Long time watcher first time poster. On a side note, I love your work Ciderhelm.

The drop rate did indeed increase to a flat 1% drop rate now. I got lucky and got it on my 17th kill.

I would like to suggest another way of exiting the instance. After you kill Baron Rivendare you can invite a friend/guildy to your party. When they're in your party, type in the command "/camp". It'll log you out, when you log back in you'll be in front of the instance with it already being rested. It may seem a bit out of the way for your friend/guildy but it sure beats running back :P.

Edelric
01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Anyone got some tips on the spider boss?

She encases me in her webs and runs a few feet, I can get out of there once with my racial, she then encases me again and goes back some more steps, eventually stepping close enough to aggro some mobs. This slows me down and seems unnecessary. She's usually not close enough to charge-break the webs and also my chances of aggroing more mobs by charging into their direction go up.

Free Action Potion (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=5634) - she won't be able to web you for 30 sec. Should be able to DPS her down in that time. I farmed it for the Valor Legs, not sure why.

Enjoy!

Jyden
01-23-2009, 11:13 AM
can any chars do this run?? how hard, if they even hit, do they hit on clothies??

Petninja
01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I'd suggest using the service door for quicker runs. At 80 most of the mobs shouldn't agro if you are at least a little careful with your running paths. Make sure you are careful of those speedy gargoyles, they sneak up on you pretty good. The run I did last night, first time I've been in there since 70, took about 15-20 minutes.

jettzypher
01-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Cool but I still need the Runecloth for Darnassus, Gnomer, and Exodar rep so speed runs meh. I need to kill everything ive found that scholo is just as good for this if not better. since theres more mobs that will drop RC versus strat. plus, if you still have the one trinket that shows the ghosts of caer darrow, theres a repair vendor right outside you can visit when your bags get full and you need to repair. i only do strat for compeleting old quests and trying to get the horse.

Steelrose
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
hey thx ciderhelm after watching your video i was curious about doing the runs, so i went out to stratholme and tried , on my very first run guess what dropped?

yup i got my mount on the first run trying to get it. i feel bad for all the people who had to do countless runs to get there's.
Just wanted to say thx for peaking my interest in this.

FoldingZebra
01-27-2009, 02:37 PM
every time I run this I get a debuff that reduces healing by 100% and deals damage every few seconds eventually killing me. Anyone know how to avoid this?

Ciderhelm
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
every time I run this I get a debuff that reduces healing by 100% and deals damage every few seconds eventually killing me. Anyone know how to avoid this?
Don't go anywhere near the first 3 AOE packs in the instance (the ones I avoid at the beginning of this). They are the only groups that can apply the debuff.

LeahMalbar
01-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Great post Ciderhelm, thanks to you i now have myself Baron's Deathcharger. Its real easy as a Prot Warrior> GL everyone!

Edgar
01-29-2009, 06:49 AM
You should've somehow included that once you got the Key to the city you can go in from the back entrance. That way people only have to deal with that debuff only once anyways.

defjam
01-29-2009, 06:57 AM
how much rep points per RC turn in in Ironforge?

Edgar
01-29-2009, 07:00 AM

PleazureP
01-30-2009, 05:43 AM
hey ciderhelm. first off i love ur movies! lol...but um...i was wondering if you could tell me wat add-ons ur using to show your health and target unit frames like that, and wat add-on ur using to display your health and rage ontop of your bartender bar. if any1 knos that would be great! =)

Horri
02-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Just as a little tip. This is soloable at 70 with a warlock quite easily (any spec) for the first boss killed in this video use a void walker and for the second boss make sure to dismiss pet (at 80 too) since she can mc you and that just wastes time.

SteelEye
02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
I think I did the Baron Mount run at least over 300 times back in the day with both my warrior and hunter. Since turning lvl 80 as my hunter I can easily run the gauntlet over and over. I take hunter my a different path though. I kill the Banshee first (Melee her one on one) , then run over to the Nerub guy (summon pet for tanking then tell him to stay in the tower while I run to the next boss.), then run through the gate with aspect of the cheetah on so I go straight through and not get stuck inside it. Summon my pet to kill the next boss and kill the guys inside. Tell my pet to stay and re-summon my pet when I get to the abdominals. The Adbominals are the only hard thing thats takes time to kill for me. Now that I see the possible short cut in the video I have a way to speed up that time even more. I did finally get my mount after using Strat as a power leveling zone for my friends, but man... I'll never forget how many times I did that.

Hunter FD is great for this as you can pull as many mobs as you want just make sure to FD in time and in a safe spot. hehe

Thanks for the tips!!!

DartH
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
When i farm it, strange thing always happen. On my way to Nerub'enkan a shade of naxxramas appears yelling "Intruders are here." and alerting all surrounding mobs, that nuke me as soon as the shade yells. Guess the position of these shades can't be tracked, like the ones in naxxramas, but is there anyway to avoid alerting them? As a dk i mean.

Edelric
03-09-2009, 05:42 AM
DartH,
Those are random invisible mobs that randomly spawn throughout the undead areas of Stratholm (both sides). So there is no method to avoid them. Just always keep an eye on your chat log, and the instant you see one shout "the living are here..." find him and kill him quickly. If you don't kill him fast enough two or more gargoyles will spawn and add into the mix.

I forget who asked these questions earlier, but here are some of my answers.

- disease that ghouls put on you (healing effects reduced by 100%, dmg every 8 seconds)
--This disease can be cured by Jungle Remedy out of Strangle Thorn Vale, human encampment and cave on the north-central edge of zone. Jungle Remedy has a CHANCE to disspell the disease. At lvl 80 (warrior) I haven't gotten the disease nearly as often as I did when I was farming it at 70. But the Jungle Remedy works for diseases up to lvl 60. @ 70 I would carry 20 JR's for a full (both sides) run of strat. Now days I barely use as many as 3.

- first zurgarret on the left as you enter, spider boss.
-- Free Action Potions are cheap and easy to make, keeps you from getting webbed for 30 seconds. That should be plenty of time to DPS that boss into the ground.

hope that helps
Edelric

Amdor
04-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey guys I just did my first mount run no luck but i have a question for you guys. Won't your gear get a durability loss (10%) even if you put it in your bags? Because i took off all my gear and it said your gear suffers a 10% durability loss. So is that just for equipped items or for all?
Thanks in advance

-am

Skyborn
04-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Equipped items. The only time items in your bag take durability loss is if you spirit rez.

Also, you can keep your rings, trinkets, neck and anything w/o a durability stat on. Just to save time.

Amdor
04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
ok ty i guess durability loss was from being hit.

operationjake
04-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, awesome video! When I start getting into farming this, I think I'll have a good shot at being able to get the mount. Is it advised to only run at 80 or could you do it lower without much trouble?

Fetzie
04-11-2009, 06:23 PM
You can do it earlier, but then you need to kill more trash. I could solo it at 70 with my warlock.

Personal best is 38 mins on the timer, or 7 minutes spent between the gate and killing rivendare.

After killing rivendare I usually run back out, kill the skeletons (pala tank ftw, fills my mana back up pretty fast) and run out of the instance. Doing the log out trick seems to net just as long as simply running out of the instance. My tip for the spider is free action potion as a non-paladin, or simply place him between you and the ziggurat door, he will tend to not move away then.

Urziel
04-20-2009, 03:02 AM
I've done a few Strat full clears recently to farm AD Rep (among other things) on my 77 affliction lock and it was cake. In Northrend blues and a couple Kara non-sets. One big help on the baron fight is when he summons his adds, he will use death pact on them after ten or so seconds, so I'd suggest locks burn them down with shadowflame. even if the damage of the effect doesn't kill them outright the DoT should down them in 1 tick.

If doing a full clear one should expect to walk out with about 75-90 gold in cash(depending on if you shard the bop blues or vend them), 3 righteous orbs maybe 2 boe blues (i managed to get a BoE Epic on my first clear) 30-40 crypt fiend parts and bone fragments and roughly 250 runecloth.

If you have an Argent Dawn commission equipped you should walk out with roughly 80 Minion's Scourgestones, 80-90 Invader's Scourgestones and 8-10 Corruptor's Scourgestones (depending on which rares spawn in your run.) Also note that even at revered the Elites within Strat yield 10 Argent Dawn rep per kill.

Starkey
05-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Best thing about running for mount is, A:The mount B: Runecloth and C: enchanting basic materials if your a chanter

adrenalize
05-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Since 3.1 you can get to Baron without clearing the Zigs on MOST runs.

I have done 5. On 4 occasions there was a Crate on each side of the gate, that opening also opens the 2 gates to the slaughter house.

With that, Im now getting through this in just under 6 minutes :)

Mknzy
05-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Very nice video.

Zornin
05-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Since 3.1 you can get to Baron without clearing the Zigs on MOST runs.

I have done 5. On 4 occasions there was a Crate on each side of the gate, that opening also opens the 2 gates to the slaughter house.

With that, Im now getting through this in just under 6 minutes :)

I can confirm this strategy works, although you may need to open more than two crates on occasion to open the slaughterhouse gates. Even sloppy runs now take under 7 minutes for me.

adrenalize
05-18-2009, 06:05 AM
And I got My mount today....

Woot

http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/images/597/1_Mount.jpg

Darkconious
06-12-2009, 07:32 AM
First of Cider this is a great video; like all of your videos. Just a piece of information and a question. For those asking questions about the addons Cider uses please visit:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/41095-ciderhelm-ui-information.html
FYI he doesn't list it here, but if you notice the second pic shows some boxes of to the left showing the people on his Raid at the time. That addon is called GRID. You can get it from curse. Good luck.

Info:
Cider I found that you don't have to do all of the other bosses to open the gates to get to Ramstein and the Baron. All you have to do is open two crates that are laying on the floor by Magistrate Barthilas. They have multiple spawn spots, but once you open these (and are occasionally attacked by maggets, etc.) the gates open up granting you access to Ramstein and the Baron.

Question:
However, I was wondering if the way that I am doing the run has any effect on the mount's drop rate? In other words, do I have to kill the other bosses to have an influence in the mount's drop rate or can I just continue opening crates for access to the Baron?

joker616
07-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Just wanna let u know that the download link for this movie in the download section is broken :cool:

Edit: Works now, ty

MikeJRYB
07-11-2009, 01:24 AM
not sure if this was mentioned, but i've encountered a bug (and to my knowledge hasn't been fixed) where rather than going to take down the 3 ziggurat bosses and the abominations, you can just about head straight to rivendare. nearby each gate, even the ones on the way to the main boss area, the supply crates can be clicked and the gates will disappear. only annoying thing is that rats and insects might still appear. even in the abomination area find some crates and click them. i forget about the abom boss but the 4 sentry guards you do still have to fight but at 80 it's simple. then just nuke rivendare down and repeat.

as far as the cadaver worms buff, you can also use purification potions if you do run into the mobs that can affect you with this debuff. i'm an alchemist so i can make them easily and you should be able to buy them for cheap off someone or auction since i'm pretty sure the herbs needed are really easy to come by.

i still got tons of runs i gotta do before i get my mount as well, i'm sure, but with this bug, it's an easy 5 min run to rivendare and 1-2 min to exit, so within an hour you can fit in quite a handful of runs.

tuffmuffin
07-11-2009, 10:39 AM
i still got tons of runs i gotta do before i get my mount as well, i'm sure, but with this bug, it's an easy 5 min run to rivendare and 1-2 min to exit, so within an hour you can fit in quite a handful of runs.
If they haven't removed the limit of 5 runs in an hour, you still can't do "quite a handful" of runs. It takes 10 minutes doing it the normal way so either way you still hit the cap.

If they did remove the cap, all the better.

Scuzz
07-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Just wanted to say that (at 80) on Malaki (the third boss) you can run up on the very edge of the right side of the steps (it's actually the ledge with no steps on it) to sneak past the mobs in front of him. After you kill the mobs inside the zig jump down to the right off the side. It may take a couple tries to get the path just right.

It'll save about 10 or so seconds of kill time.

Rokbal
07-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Can anybody confirm the mount still drops if you enter the slaughterhouse by clicking the crates and NOT killing the sub-bosses at the zigs? I'm on about my 15th run and I just have this sneaking suspicion it won't drop that way.

Maelstrom
07-15-2009, 07:44 AM
That tactic has been confirmed by GMs to be an exploit and will get you banned.

Rokbal
07-15-2009, 09:54 AM

Wow! Really? That's good to know. Do you have a source you can cite to confirm that statement?

guess I'll go back to killing the sub-bosses.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the blue post on it.

Odinary
08-11-2009, 07:11 AM

I think they fixed that exploit in 3.2. Before 3.2, I was running it in under 5 minutes. Best time was 4:07. I would run straight to Magistrate Barthillas, kill him, and there's three crates in his cul-de-sac. One behind him, one on the right side, and one on the left, behind three ghouls. I would open all three, and the gates would open to where the stitched horrors are. I would run in there, and run counter-clockwise around the wall. As soon as you make the right along the wall, there's a crate, open it and keep running counter-clockwise, and open the other two. After that, run between the horrors, up against the zig, across the way to the opposite wall where there's another crate, open it, and the one in between it and the main gate... total of 5 crates, and barons door will open... no ramstein, and no guards, just run in straight to baron. Kill him, and do as ciderhelm said, take off your gear and die outside the zig. I tried this the day 3.2 came out, and it didnt work. So I'm thinking blizz caught on. I was just in there killing time before a Naxx run, so I didnt hang around and mess with it anymore. Was up to 97 runs and no mount :(

stealthew7
04-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Someone may have already said this but I figured it's worth putting in again anyway. If you are a DK, you can run the instance in about 8 minutes only looting bosses. I just port back to Ebon Hold, repair and sell, and then fly back down to Light's Hope. You can then ride back to the instance. It may take a tiny bit longer but this enables you to do more than 5 quick runs. You can go for as long as your heart desires. Feel free to run a few times and then port to Ebon Hold. Regardless, I have spent hours doing this and you can get some runs done fast.

Retail
06-10-2010, 09:26 AM
In the video, does he use the front or back door? Sorry I've never been to Strat.

Mhoram
06-10-2010, 12:08 PM
In the video, does he use the front or back door? Sorry I've never been to Strat.

He's probably using the back door, but since you've never been in there, you'll have to go through the front, till you get to Magistrate Barthilas (I believe that's his name), who drops the Key to the City. Without that, you can't get in the back door, unless you have someone else open it for you. It's just a little bit more to clear, really - you can get to where you need to be either way.

Rennadrel
06-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I have ran Stratholme about 50 times when I was grinding out Argent Dawn rep, I just got my title last week but I had no luck with the mount doing the full clears of the place. It's a pretty easy rep grind though if you have the time to do it.

Rennadrel
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Someone may have already said this but I figured it's worth putting in again anyway. If you are a DK, you can run the instance in about 8 minutes only looting bosses. I just port back to Ebon Hold, repair and sell, and then fly back down to Light's Hope. You can then ride back to the instance. It may take a tiny bit longer but this enables you to do more than 5 quick runs. You can go for as long as your heart desires. Feel free to run a few times and then port to Ebon Hold. Regardless, I have spent hours doing this and you can get some runs done fast.

I can do a boss run in 10 minutes as a Ret pally, just zipping back and forth to Light's Hope Chapel takes a bit longer to empty inventory since you can't Death Gate and fly back there which is much faster.

Kauket
06-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Nice video, but lacking in fundamental info and assumptions.

1) The "service entrance" of Strat is being used. If you look at your map of Eastern Plaguelands (http://www.wowhead.com/zone=139#.), you'll see to the south east of Strat a little cave at the base of the hills. That's where you want to go.

2) The service entrance is locked. You will need the Key to the City (http://www.wowhead.com/item=12382), which drops off Magistrate Barthilas (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10435#comments) (comments include nice description of how to find him).

With regard to the abominations in the Baron's courtyard, I've managed to break the event a few times by killing all the aboms at once. That may be the bug that some people are running into. It seems you can avoid it by first killing all the aboms on the right side, pausing long enough to drop out of combat, then killing the other half of the aboms. Back the last abom up to the doors, so that when they swing open, you can immediately push inside, thus avoiding the further scripted parts of the event.

Another note, pets are a bad idea. Even if you're avoiding the mobs, trailing a pet over them will get aggro--basically a pet makes your collision box a lot bigger. Also pets are prone to the repositioning dance, when they and the mobs will go into orbit, trying to get behind each other, and whirl across half the map. Once watched my ghoul engage about 50 mobs this way--worth it once for the lolz.

Final note, if you don't have enchanting yourself, but have a friend who does, see if he'll group with you. He can go about his own business on the other side of the world, but if you leave your setting to Group Loot, then you'll have the option to roll to DE. Your friend in the other zone won't see the message at all, and the enchanting mats will land in your bags. Fantastic way to turn the boss drops into a lot more gold than the vendor value, and saves you inventory space.

eloshiel
08-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Um, i can run this alot faster than this video shows as a retribution paladin at level 72, now hes 80 which changes it from Really easy to God Mode, but im just saying i can do this alot faster, (probably on my warlock to once he hits 80.) So, as i was saying. I agree its better to kill stuff if it aggroes you. Also if your 80 just run from boss to boss, kill it, run inside and drop any aoes you have then they will die extremely fast. doing this you can probably have like a less than a 5 minute run. This should work for every boss fight, including rivendare. Also in the part with the abominations, if your a plate wearer aggro them all and then again use any AoE's and thay should die pretty fast, for casters, Same thing, frost and demonology should help, and if your a priest try to be more careful but should still be pretty fast. Actually hes 74 now ill check if i can do it on him after i get the mount for my paladin. Ill get back to you. (i am aware my sentence structure sucks, live with it.)

Khilbron
08-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Um, i can run this alot faster than this video shows as a retribution paladin at level 72, now hes 80 which changes it from Really easy to God Mode, but im just saying i can do this alot faster, (probably on my warlock to once he hits 80.) So, as i was saying. I agree its better to kill stuff if it aggroes you. Also if your 80 just run from boss to boss, kill it, run inside and drop any aoes you have then they will die extremely fast. doing this you can probably have like a less than a 5 minute run. This should work for every boss fight, including rivendare. Also in the part with the abominations, if your a plate wearer aggro them all and then again use any AoE's and thay should die pretty fast, for casters, Same thing, frost and demonology should help, and if your a priest try to be more careful but should still be pretty fast. Actually hes 74 now ill check if i can do it on him after i get the mount for my paladin. Ill get back to you. (i am aware my sentence structure sucks, live with it.)

OFC you can run it faster, the video is 2 years old.

misthunt3r
09-01-2010, 03:07 AM
The problem with this fast run ain't passing mobs now. With this avoid all that is possible tacs the run takes about 6 minutes since timer to kill hostiles apears, than like 2 minutes to get out of stratholme. Anyway you can do only 5 instances per hour, so all you need is do the thing under 12 minutes. Doing it faster won't help because you won't be able to enter instance anyway.

I admit it was usefull while soloing it on level 70, but now it's too easy. Still the mount is still a legend for me and I've been there countless number of times ( just by going there for mount I did grind exalted with Argent Dawn there while on level 70 it was 1 rep point from mob ;) ).

So don't bother yourself with carefull aproach, even nuking half of the mobs in your way you can do it under 12 minutes and that's your real goal beacause of 5 instance per hour limit.

cheers
Mist

SneekyB
09-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm doing this run for rep and the mount, I've found that with the argent dawn trinket equipped you can gather enough emblems you can easily get 1100 rep points per run for the Argent dawn, very profitable :D And then there is the mount! Who can pass that up? I make this run with my 80 rogue in T10 gear. Like a hot knife through butter!
Nice video, never knew about the mount. Thanks for the info

Galadreial
09-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Instead of dying and having to take off all your gear.. Just use the Service entrance and run back and forth to reset. Yes it's time consuming, But would you really waste the time to take off your gear; Die with the "7-9k" health you have left and then run all the way back? Especially when the mobs hit for very low. Seems a bit more tedious and time consuming. The Service Entrance is located just right of the Strat Summoning Stone. Use the key to the city; and I think Blacksmiths can use keys as well.)

<3 Gala

Razilius
09-07-2010, 04:22 AM
Interesting, seems Tapatalk messed up my post. Equipment manager is your friend though, easily able to set a profile with all of your gear off, and take everything off at once.

Dunruinadin
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
dont know if anyone awnsered you cuz im deployed and the darn page takes forever to load but yes there is a Mod for the scrolling battletext.. its called Mik's Scrolling Battletext makes life so much easier and can be downloaded from Curse.com

Bovinity
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Still the mount is still a legend for me and I've been there countless number of times ( just by going there for mount I did grind exalted with Argent Dawn there while on level 70 it was 1 rep point from mob ;) ).And then douchebags like me come along and do this:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/151/loloz.jpg