PDA

View Full Version : best class for dps at 80?

pistolpeter
12-14-2008, 08:22 AM
whats the best class for dps at 80? also what spec?

Bloodwraith
12-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Edited the title so it didn't say 40 instead of 80 :D

For your question it's hard to say. No one class really shines above the rest from what I've seen. I would suggest comparing some Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/) reports (Most people use patchwerk as a benchmark because no one is at a disadvantage). But there is no promises that the players are all equally geared/skilled. Also there are a lot of class changes in the next patch so it will change once that's released.

pistolpeter
12-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Edited the title so it didn't say 40 instead of 80 :D

For your question it's hard to say. No one class really shines above the rest from what I've seen. I would suggest comparing some Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/) reports (Most people use patchwerk as a benchmark because no one is at a disadvantage). But there is no promises that the players are all equally geared/skilled. Also there are a lot of class changes in the next patch so it will change once that's released.
thanks for the title change and when is the patch coming out/

Bloodwraith
12-14-2008, 08:39 AM
They haven't announced yet. I assume it will be out with in the next couple of weeks though.

Wyther
12-14-2008, 08:41 AM
At the moment Rogues are disgusting. Free combo points for all!
Warriors in Fury Spec are also doing VERY impressive DPS and are getting buffed again.

pistolpeter
12-14-2008, 08:49 AM
what about hunters and mages r they good?

Dril
12-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Let me just say this now: in our Naxx 10 raids, our Ret Pally absolutely destroys all the other classes, and he's not blindingly well geared compared to them, he even trumps a quite well geared Frostfire Mage, so there's is definitely something there in Ret Pallies. If you want a class that can fill any of the three roles and is very good at all of them, then I'd go Pally. If you want a pure dps class, then you could try Rogue/Mage, as they're pretty good as well.

pistolpeter
12-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Let me just say this now: in our Naxx 10 raids, our Ret Pally absolutely destroys all the other classes, and he's not blindingly well geared compared to them, he even trumps a quite well geared Frostfire Mage, so there's is definitely something there in Ret Pallies. If you want a class that can fill any of the three roles and is very good at all of them, then I'd go Pally. If you want a pure dps class, then you could try Rogue/Mage, as they're pretty good as well.
i have a lvl 46 pally atm and getting bored wanna try something else.arn't hunters good dps too?

Legionodeath
12-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Hunters are. Their pets are whats giving them the ridiculous DPS boost since pre-Wrath. Id say TG wars are up there in second. We have two locks that are doing some pretty kick ass damage too.

-LoD

tobarstep
12-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Hunters are destroying damage meters atm, but that is going to change after the patch it seems. This soon after the expansion, Blizzard is still working out kinks and making balance adjustments. I wouldn't worry too much about which class is better at this point. Right now, Rogues are probably doing the least dps they ever have relative to other classes. It likely won't stay that way forever.

Cadran
12-14-2008, 11:19 AM
All the melee classes are tearing up the charts. Best DPS are always rogue, ret paladin, hunter, DK. Enhance shamans are lackluster. Frostfire mages and destro locks do very well among the casters but the top caster is definetely a properly played ele shaman now.

sneaky_frog
12-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't recommend to choose a class just based on DPS. Even if you get top DPS that "shine" is only good for PUGs (and this still arguable). I love my Warrior tank and my Warlock, I love to lead or sometimes just fill a CC/DPS spot. I like being a caster, it gives me a break from all the close contact.
In contrast, I have a pally and really I don't like the style. Nothing wrong with pallies but it's just not my taste.

Blizzard will keep, buffing/nerfing classes and to be top DPS you need to get one of each. You will also need to know your class upside/down to get the best out of it for you and for the group, and sometimes that means not being the top DPS.

On a side know I have conducted a small experience with a RAF account, dual boxing two classes I don't know about. This takes a lot of time just to get to know them, next time I'll do two warlock :)

Hope this helps,
Sneaky

Esgaroth
12-15-2008, 05:02 PM
i have a question !!!
In my guild im a a fire mage ..Im above hit cap and my spell power is 1450 , critical for fire 31% but still Im number 5 in 10 man raids!!! i hit always like 4-5 k damage, and my criticals are insane.But it seems its not enoug. So to get to my queston.
Were there some changes on mages taht i dont know ?? And do u ahve any idea of a better "chain" of attacks to improve my dps in raids ??

Ty

Harlan
12-16-2008, 04:08 AM
regem for sp if you're above hit (no brainer). you might want to look into ffb. your rotation should be scorchx2 (if glyphed), living bomb and fbx?? to keep scorch and living bomb up. the living bomb is ?? to me though and this is coming from a druid so.... yeah.

Esgaroth
01-12-2009, 05:53 PM
thx for the tips ppl...i was last with y mage on dps meter...now im again in top 10 ...ty all ))

r45hnu
01-13-2009, 02:33 AM
There is none - It's the player that can survive whole fight + knows his class mechanics very well.

Dead dps-er does 0 damage.