PDA

View Full Version : LF Comparison of S3/S4 to Savage Saronite

Raij
12-09-2008, 08:25 AM
As title states I am lookin for a comparison of the S3/S4 gear to the crafted Savage Saronite gear. Which is better, whats worse? If there is a thread like this I apologize.

Bloodwraith
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I picked up the savage saronite myself. In terms of pure ilvl they are an upgrade but they lack sockets and they aren't an actual set so you lose the reduced intercept time.

You won't have to live the with saronite set long. Savage glad will be out soon and it costs a very small amount of arena points and honor.

For the first week, I'll probably try to run with as many pieces of Epic PvE gear (that has stam) because not many players will be packing a lot of resil.

Raij
12-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeh, I am just considering stickin with my 4/5 Brutal TBH. Won't be a huge reduction, and I got the axe from Heroic Halls of Lightning which is quite nice.

Nudge
12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm prot personally, but I made the full Saronite set while leveling blacksmithing and it ends up being about 430 resil, big chunk more than the brutal set. As far as pro's and con's, the lack of sockets and +hit especially suck on the saronite set, but I guess you can make it up on rings n trinkets, however although the ap/crit is better than brutal, it still isn't that great in the grand scheme of things.. Still not 100% sure what I'm going to be doing for arena, probably a mix of saronite and some naxx gear to boost dmg a bit

Raij
12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeh I am prot atm also, but with dual specs on the horizon I am excited. I have played all specs in my warrior career and would be seriously disappointed if I couldn't pvp because I went prot ;)

Chisgule
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeh I am prot atm also, but with dual specs on the horizon I am excited. I have played all specs in my warrior career and would be seriously disappointed if I couldn't pvp because I went prot ;)

You clearly have not tried pvping with a prot spec = ) My current plan is to run 2v2 prot war/balance druid to gladiator this season.

Kazeyonoma
12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
i ran 2v2 prot war/resto dru in s4 and we were somewhat successful, i can imagine a balance druid with the bonus dps and still able to heal me will be a force to reckon with.

Raij
12-16-2008, 07:00 AM
I have tried prot extensively in PvP, but to be at all competitive it would require a different spec than the one I use to MT. Also I think Arms is just always going to be the competitive PvP spec, sure prot is viable but not really all that great.

Kazeyonoma
12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
yes you can't use your MT spec to pvp, there are just things there that don't help, but it is definitely great and fun, don't expect gladiator rank with it though, but it is definitely 1800+ possible.

Beardly
01-14-2009, 09:59 AM
pvprot ^.^ im doing it at 70 right now on my alt and its way too much fun