PDA

View Full Version : Naxxramas Loatheb

Ciderhelm
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Click here to watch the Loatheb movie guides! (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/42292-naxxramas-loatheb.html#post137702)

Ciderhelm
12-08-2008, 06:12 PM
This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/36281-tankspot-donation-information.html#1)

8rVGUKVI4WA

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
8rVGUKVI4WA

Baghwan
12-08-2008, 09:26 PM
This fight is completely dominated and made trivial with the use of Circle of Healing and Prayer of Healing, if anyone struggles here, bring more Priests, have them queue up a PoH to land just as the debuff wears off which leaves time for 2 CoH casts, even when Dooms are cast every 15 seconds still easy to keep everyone up, just be sure to spred your priests into different groups because PoH is still only group wide.

Shadevarr
12-09-2008, 07:21 AM
2 priests made it trivial for us as well, I think a druid would achieve the same thing.

note: disc priest's divine aegis will proc for the potential amount, not what is actually healed on this boss from what I noticed.

The hard part is the gauntlet from heigan to loatheb. move to middle, aoe, move to bridge, aoe (ignore the eyes).

NewfieDave
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Confirmed that Power Word: Shield works during Necrotic Aura last night.

My PoH has a ~2.6 sec cast time, so I found it worked best to start casting PoH with 2 secs left on the debuff.

CombatJack
12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Did this with a holy priest and resto druid. Very simple. Got him down on our second attempt. Had an Unholy DK use AMZ at the 2 minute mark to help with the AOE.

Also, at around 50% when I have plenty of threat I go and kill a spore for the buff. It helps a bit with the DPS and since everyone else has the buff you dont have to worry about losing aggro.

Shadevarr
12-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I was taking the buff too. never throught I'd see prot pushing 2k dps :)

Zaxc
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I really love those videos and watch them everytime they come out but i've a really hard time loading the frontpage of www.tankspot.com (http://www.tankspot.com) with all the flash on the main page, it makes my browser freeze for short periods, do you think something could be done, im sure im not the only one with a crappy PC hahaha :)

Its only a suggestion thru.

Ciderhelm
12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Because of the way I've got news reporting this is difficult to do. Two more movies though and we can power a bunch of news posts out. :p

I really love those videos and watch them everytime they come out but i've a really hard time loading the frontpage of www.tankspot.com (http://www.tankspot.com) with all the flash on the main page, it makes my browser freeze for short periods, do you think something could be done, im sure im not the only one with a crappy PC hahaha :)

Its only a suggestion thru.

Zaxc
12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
hehe alright well thanks, I will wait :)

Troia
12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
As a retribution paladin is it possible to use Seal of Blood for this encounter? Or is it a better idea to use Seal of Command to ease the job of the healers in the short healing window?

Shadevarr
12-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I'd say use everything you can to help the healing. After 6 minutes it can get kinda crazy since damage > healing.

werx
12-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey, great post! I was just wondering, cider, what interface mod(s) are you using? I like how everything is up front and in the center, as I'm constantly straining my eyeballs looking at my hp in 1 corner, cd's at bottom, and mobs on screen.

Thanks,
werx.

Kheapathic
12-24-2008, 05:02 AM
The thing that kills me (I play a frost mage) in this fight is that frost barrier doesn't block the damage from his attacks. Also the glyph of evocation is beautiful to help out your healers.

Toffeegerbil
01-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I have used quite a few of these guides, and as a resto shaman i feel a little left out.
This fight is no different, you mention priests CoH and resto druids yet Resto Shamans are "the" raid healers.

With glyph of chain heal i can heal 4 people in 2.32 seconds (With haste), allowing me to heal 8 people a rather large amount in the time allocated. When the casters stand together i have them covered, leaving the other healers to worry about the tank etc.

It's getting annoying now, that everyone seems to think priests are more effective at this job.

Can't wait till they nerf your Coh. Then we will see.
Oh and not to mention each jump has it's own critical, allowing Ancesteral fortitude to proc, aswell as earthliving for additional healing. Oh and then there is the 30% haste for my next two lhw/hw, allowing for saving of the tank if other healers have /failed.

Priests just can't bring that to raids.
That was directed to the posters btw :< But cider i notice you have your little resto druid all the time. Would be nice if you mentioned us a bit, would be nice for some tips/strategy.

/Rant

Edit: Downed it todays raid, Priest healer couldn't come due to irl issues. Done with just a holy palla and a resto shaman.
Only one death. There is enough proof : <

CrimsonTemplar
01-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Glad to hear a Holy Paladin and a Resto Shaman could heal this encounter as that's all my guild has on deck for tonight's Naxx run.

Lore
01-07-2009, 11:13 AM
As a retribution paladin is it possible to use Seal of Blood for this encounter? Or is it a better idea to use Seal of Command to ease the job of the healers in the short healing window?

You can use Seal of Blood, but you have to watch yourself. Especially as your gear improves, it's very easy to drop yourself low on health just as an impending doom goes out and you die before you can get heals.

It will hopefully be at least a little after 3.0.8 when Ret gets Divine Shield back.

Widdox
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
We had a holy paladin 3rd in healing on this fight. Just have to be smart.

Beacon on Tank, Glyphed HoL. Followed by Holy Shock and instant Flash of Light.

Avenfold
01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
We took on two wings of Naxx 25 yesterday, which was probably not the smartest thing to do, considering it was right after the restart, so a ton of guilds were doing the same thing. The first two bosses of Plague went fine, but when we got to Loatheb, we started to get some serious server lag. We decided to attempt it anyway. All started well, but then the lag really started to kick in, making it almost impossible to heal when possible. We started dropping like flies, and it ended up a wipe when our MT got disconnected. We went for it again, considering we managed to get him to around 30% with the OT tanking most of the fight. We started again, and yet again we were hit with major server lag. Again the dps and healers started to die. I couldn't see what happened because my screen froze for like 30 seconds, but when it came back, there were only 8 people still standing, and Loatheb was still at 20%+. They lasted a while, but still people died. It ended up with only 5 people left alive, and loatheb at 14%. Luckily, among those 5 people were our 2 tanks, a pally healer, and 2 of our highest dps. Somehow, amazingly they managed to 5 man the boss from 14% to 0, and ended up going through 48 casts of doom over a 15 minute fight. Having died toward the middle of the fight, i really enjoyed myself just staying there dead and watching the pure leetness of our guild, slowly but surely 5 manning a 25 man boss.

Tierax
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
If you're heals and/or tank are well enough geared, the doom stacks really don't make much of a difference.

Me (Prot Warrior) and a Resto Shammy two manned him from 1.8mil last night, doom was over 40 stacks, but we got him :)

Jescar
01-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi TankSpot! Really appreciate you guys for doing these helpfull videos.

My guild started doing 10 man Nax now and going pretty well. We haven't done Loatheb yet and that's why I'm searching for good tactics and helpfull tips.

For the spores, Since there's 2 tanks (MT and OT) and 3 healers and 5 DPS.
I was thinking of putting tanks and healers into group 1 and all of the DPSes into group 2. This way only the DPS group kills the spores and gets the buff. What I'm saying is do we need that buff for any of our tanks and healers? I think it's even easier if just the DPS group goes and kills the spores and keep getting the buffs. Or maybe just before the Necrotic Aura goes off healers could try and get the buff for more crit chance of healing during that critical 3 seconds.

Do we really need that buff for our healers and tanks?

Tierax
01-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Unless they already have a large threat lead, it is not ideal to let the tanks pick up the spore buff.

The buff prevents any ability from doing any threat, therefore if a tank picks it up w/o a large threat lead over a DPSer who does not you are in for some problems.

Kedearian
01-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I usually only try to grab the spore buff if i have enough threat that were i stop making threat for the rest of the fight none of the dps could pull off of me.

Ked

Lizana
01-18-2009, 07:21 PM
By 50% boss hp i typicaly have close to 750k threat lead over the next highest dps, so i eat the debuff and throw out my massive dps... note with the glyph of heroic strike + the buff + normal raid damamge, i was able to have 100% HS uptime on this fight

Carcious
01-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey guys =)

Last night, me and my guild tried to down Loatheb on 10 man Naxx. It was all going well, until about the 28th Doom-thingy (I cant remember the name of it :p ). I think we had lost about 5 people, due to the de-buff, but we thought we could down him easily.

It was then, he entered an enrage, and wiped the remaining raid. We were stumped, so I did a bit of re-search. No where on the video posted above, or on Wowiki did it say anything about an enrage timer!

I dont know if anyone else has come across this, or if it is new to patch 3.0.8?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Carcious

P.S. The raid was done on the 24th of January.

Creatan
01-26-2009, 05:47 AM
Hey guys =)

Last night, me and my guild tried to down Loatheb on 10 man Naxx. It was all going well, until about the 28th Doom-thingy (I cant remember the name of it :p ). I think we had lost about 5 people, due to the de-buff, but we thought we could down him easily.

It was then, he entered an enrage, and wiped the remaining raid. We were stumped, so I did a bit of re-search. No where on the video posted above, or on Wowiki did it say anything about an enrage timer!

I dont know if anyone else has come across this, or if it is new to patch 3.0.8?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Carcious

P.S. The raid was done on the 24th of January.
We did Loatheb yesterday. At the end there was only 6 people alive, rest got killed around 30%. We killed him after doom 32. No one noticed any enrage.

Bokeh
01-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Unless they already have a large threat lead, it is not ideal to let the tanks pick up the spore buff.

The buff prevents any ability from doing any threat, therefore if a tank picks it up w/o a large threat lead over a DPSer who does not you are in for some problems.

It's a hell of a lot of fun if you have deep wounds though.

Raenor
01-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Loatheb is imo really easy. What we do, (I'm the OT) is pull the spores over to the group that needs one. We put all our ranged (dps & heals that is) together. Then I drag a spore over to them using taunt. When they have their spore, next one goes to melee DPS who step away a bit from the boss to avoid tank getting the spore debuff. Only when our tank's safe on threat, he gets one as well. (which is usually the 3rd-4th spore.) Just try to keep everybody supplied all the time, this way he'll go down soon enough. It's not a hard fight.

Angry Grimace
01-27-2009, 11:09 AM

I always take it, but not before getting what I usually will consider to be a pretty substantial threat lead.

If you get it early, and you are running a threat meter, you will always know when someone overtakes you and can simply taunt off if it does happen (it did once to me). Granted, the taunt will not last longer than the threat overrun, but mixing in your mocking blow, challenging shout and relying on the fact that Loatheb really doesn't hit very hard.

Freyrr
02-04-2009, 11:34 PM
So, we tried to three man Lotheb in 10 man for giggles tonight.

Confirmed enrage on inevitable doom 35. Was hitting me for 1200 - 1550, then hit me 7100 - 7400. Had him to 41% hp.

http://artfuldeath.game-host.org/loatheb2.jpg

Also, yes. I stole UI elements from Cider, they're just too awesome to pass up.

Dragonor
03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Could a druid tank tank this boss on 10man with without any buffs 32k hp and 34.6%dodge (around 40k hp buffed and 36% dodge) this boss? or is a paladin/warrior/DK tank required?

IceHaus151
03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Anyone can really tank him. He doesnt hit awefully hard and is one of the easier fights in Naxx. All it is really is a healer check, and not so much gear as it is their timing. We wiped first few times on every boss it seems... Except him...

IceHaus151
03-02-2009, 10:28 AM
And doesnt everyones threat go down to 0 when they get the spore debuff? What we do is we go get the first 2-3 spores and then let the rest come to us so we dont have to lay off him really ever. Seems to work pretty well.

silvertusks
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Should the tank be moving to avoid the spores or should someone kill or taunt the ones coming from behind me? I don't think I saw anyone mention this. I have been moving to the side if one is coming right for me but it seems a little ackward. (25 man)

IceHaus151
03-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I wouldnt move. Just tell people to let it go past you before they kill it, and be careful of AoE damage. You shouldnt have to be moving very much.

Bloodychains
04-09-2009, 05:09 AM
We had already cleared 10man before so are healers were geared. but we wiped about 10times because we would fall asleep at the computer. it's also incredibly boring to tank. couldn't there be some kind of adds that spawn when u kill spores ?

Kaumu
04-09-2009, 06:33 AM
The hard part is the gauntlet from heigan to loatheb. move to middle, aoe, move to bridge, aoe (ignore the eyes).

25man we simply run up the left hand side.a tank in front and one in middle of our group, doing some aoe threat, pull to the bridge where the tanks form a barricade and build up threat while ranged nukes them down.

We have quite powerful dps so its a matter of seconds.

Exarctus
06-01-2009, 08:05 AM
does that spore buff works for healing casts too?

Maktzr
09-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi, what is it for addon there u see ya HP and Rage? and UI

Axeladen
09-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Hello, i am brand new to this site and think its great. I am a level 63 hunter. i dont have any experience with raids, i have done instances only when i can get a group together which is not often. i would love to do them more but can't find peolpe who want to do them with me enough.

I am wanting to do naxxramas in order to get the cryptstalker armor for my hunter. i hear it is the most difficult raid in the game. i would like to know how i would go about getting this armor or completing this raid.

i am part of a guild but it is very weak. not a lot of high levels and most people arent on when im on.

I want to have more fun in this game doing raids and instances how do i go about doing this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

axeladen