PDA

View Full Version : Core Raiding Group Numbers

tripp6sic6
12-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm looking for a good guideline for what we should have as a good, balanced 25-man raiding core. How many of each class and spec should we recruit to have in guild? I realize that this will vary with availability, but I'm looking for a general guideline to get guild 25-mans started and to help focus recruiting.

Zapp
12-06-2008, 07:48 PM
One MT
Two OTs (who can spec either to DPS or heal)
6 Dedicated healers (they stay healing)
2 Swing healers (Can switch between DPS or Healing or Tanking)
Rest DPS

As far as specific classes go, other than a shaman of any spec for heroism and a pallyx2 for kings/wisdom, most debuffs/buffs can be done by 2 or more classes now.

MMO-Champion RaidComp (http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/)

Is a fun tool to work with your resources.

tripp6sic6
12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm looking for how many people is a sensible number of people to have in guild (people in raid and back-ups) to be able to easily get a 25-man raid going. I'm aware how many healers/tanks/DPS are needed. I've kinda answered my own question already, though.

Lavache
12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
depends on what kind of guild you run. if its pretty hardcore and people will show up night after night consistently, you need a minimum of 25 - probably safe to have around 30. if you are casual and take all comers you will end up with a raid group closer to 40 or 50 - this allows the people with kids and wives and jobs to be able to go to baseball games or celebrate their anniversary and not prevent a raid from happening.

ceffo
01-20-2009, 05:33 AM
im with Lavache (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/members/lavache.html) on this one. We recently had 26 raiders for 25man raiding and come new year with kids holidays/summer break. We lost 6-7 people and we havent done any 25s for 2-3 weeks. Since then we have turned to absorbing another guild recruiting. Looks like a safe number is 30-35 imo. Then its a matter of attendance in raids to see who comes. Especially if your guild is casual liek ours (3 days raiding a week)

Fayre
01-20-2009, 06:58 AM
We're pretty laid-back in terms of the number of raids you have to do a week, so our rule of thumb has been roughly two times the raid size - i.e. 50 players for a 25 man raid. Although it's sort of tricky when a load of them sign up at once, I think I'd rather have good quality consistent raiding than be scrabbling around for numbers.