PDA

View Full Version : 4 Horseman

anastasicia
12-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi guys, Im a newly registered to tank spot, though have been watching cider's vidoes for a long time. My guild is having major problems with 4hm for some reason and it has nothing to do with tanks or dps. Our healer thats in charge of healing the two ranged tanks keeps getting both debuffs for some reason and keeps getting himself killed. Does anyone have any recommendation of where he should stand?

Tyranid
12-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Have him stand in the middle of the room, on top of the platform where the bosses originally start. He should be able to outrange the auras there. If he isnt, he is doing something wrong. Also, your ranged dps does not have to stand right on top of the bosses. Have them stay closer to the center so your healer does not have to get off the platform.

For 25man, I would recomend 2 healers on that side at a minimum.

Inaara
12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
He should be shifting just like the tanks. Remember that their aggro is proximity based so the tanks don't need to stand next to the boss and shouldnt be to avoid their melee. The healer needs to pick a tank to follow and not stand in the middle, as long as a tank is between the healer and the mob, he will not be targeted.

Telvannis
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
My guess would be that the healer is standing too far away from his horseman, and the DPS he's healing is standing too close to the other.

So to heal the healer has to move into the double aura zone of pain.
I can't say for certain obviously, but I'm betting something like the top picture is happening. Try positioning more along the lines of the bottom picture. (please forgive MSPaint).
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/telvannis/suggestion.png

Tyranid
12-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Ill ask my healers exactly where they stand, but on the platform, I am almost positive there is a spot where they do not get in range of the aura. And as long as the dps is closer to the center, it should really not be an issue.

anastasicia
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much for the advice, our two range tanks are a mage and a lock so they should be able to go max range on the boss, i have one more question though, on the shift do the two dps just make a mad dash to the other boss or does the healer have to fill in for one then the mage relieve the lock of his duties, then the lock go into where the healer was sitting for the mage. LOL, im sorry if im not making sense. Does someone always have to be in range so the two ranged bosses dont do those deadly group wide aoes or is the a small time gap of when someone doesnt have to be in range?

Telvannis
12-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Ah I see the difference. You're having 2 DPS over there and a healer covering them both?

If so, disregard my earlier picture. The way we do it we just have a healer "tank" one while healing himself and the DPS for the other.