PDA

View Full Version : Naxxramas Anub'rekhan

Ciderhelm
11-28-2008, 10:36 PM
This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

g47oN5snpSU

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
g47oN5snpSU

Ciderhelm
11-28-2008, 10:36 PM
We did it as a PuG yesterday, without any kiting.

We just let the tank (a Paladin) tank Anub'Rekhan where he stands at the beginning, and when Locust Swarm was cast, everybody moved away from it, and the healers kept our tank up. Meanwhile the DPS finished off the add (which I was tanking).

So kiting isn't really necessary.
I can confirm this works fine so long as your healers are aware. 10-man this week I stayed in one place the entire time and ate the locust swarm.

Bihn
11-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks Cider, this clears up a lot of questions I had in my head about the encounter.

I'm also curious, I noticed your bars not showing the typical flashes of button spamming. Are you using some sort of GCD mod that tracks your 1.5 seconds somewhere else on your screen or are you just in the zone with your rotations?

Ciderhelm
11-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Thanks Cider, this clears up a lot of questions I had in my head about the encounter.

I'm also curious, I noticed your bars not showing the typical flashes of button spamming. Are you using some sort of GCD mod that tracks your 1.5 seconds somewhere else on your screen or are you just in the zone with your rotations?
You're probably not looking hard enough. I spam hard and fast. :o

In honesty, almost none of the current videos are done w/ me paying attention to my GCD or my abilities. Since I raid lead and these are first kills, and since I've done the encounters in 40-man already, I pay almost no attention to myself, my abilities, or the mob, but instead focus on calling out information to others in the raid and determining how people are doing. So I do run off muscle memory, but you'll occasionally see mistakes, particularly w/ Revenge, and you'll occasionally see stretches where I use abilities slower than the GCD permits. You wouldn't see this if I recorded kills a couple weeks from now.

Fenga
11-29-2008, 02:09 AM
hey Ciderhelm!
i wonder whats the addon called that shows ur % health and rage in the middle of ur screen ?
and is it SCT ur using ? cus i havent found out how to config SCT so it scrools like yours :)

fenga.

Wizdancer
11-29-2008, 03:12 AM

We just let the tank (a Paladin) tank Anub'Rekhan where he stands at the beginning, and when Locust Swarm was cast, everybody moved away from it, and the healers kept our tank up. Meanwhile the DPS finished off the add (which I was tanking).

Ciderhelm
11-29-2008, 03:25 AM

Is the damage really that negligible? I'll go ahead and include this comment in the original post for visitors. I'd hope it isn't this easy in 25-man version.

Edgar
11-29-2008, 03:31 AM
i wonder whats the addon called that shows ur % health and rage in the middle of ur screen ?

You should take a look at Satrina's (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/members/satrina.html) fine addon Digits (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/41219-digits-numeric-head-up-display.html)

and is it SCT ur using ? cus i havent found out how to config SCT so it scrools like yours :)

According to his UI Information thread he is using MikScrollingBattleText

Wizdancer
11-29-2008, 03:55 AM
Is the damage really that negligible? I'll go ahead and include this comment in the original post for visitors. I'd hope it isn't this easy in 25-man version.

Well, he didn't drop below 70% HP during the fight. So yes, it is really... Pathetic damage.

EDIT: Speaking of pathetic damage, we downed Grand Widow Faerlina even though she was enraged from 300k HP and down. >.<

Ciderhelm
11-29-2008, 03:58 AM
EDIT: Speaking of pathetic damage, we downed Grand Widow Faerlina even though she was enraged from 300k HP and down. >.<
Yeah, the Faerlina video I'm putting together is like that, too.

Wizdancer
11-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Yeah, the Faerlina video I'm putting together is like that, too.

It did make the fight a lot more exciting :D

Hmm, perhaps I should fraps some fights too, now that I finally begun raiding a bit.

Wrosh
11-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I have killed him three times now (once on heroic) and allways kited. I know of guilds that don't kite him but I would be highly surprised if they will not change the Naxxramas tuning to have it work as intended. (Heigan with ignoring dancing in Phase 1 can't be intended either) From my point of view you might just learn to jump through the hoop instead of doing it the easy way and then to see it is getting retuned.

Fayre
11-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank you so very much for this video. Tanked him tonight, and felt a lot safer doing so having watched it beforehand.

djiss
12-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I have one comment about the video, the background music is too loud. English isn't my native language, so sometime I have hard time to understand what people say in English, and to be honest, the music didn't helped at all. Beside that, nice stuff and it will help a lot. thank.

Corgin
12-02-2008, 11:55 PM
My only question about the encounter is how exactly the insect swarm or whatever its called works. Does it do dmg to anyone within a 30 yd radius or is it more of a frontal cone effect???

Meeks
12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
My only question about the encounter is how exactly the insect swarm or whatever its called works. Does it do dmg to anyone within a 30 yd radius or is it more of a frontal cone effect???

It is anyone within 30 yards...raid needs to stay out of it and you need to book it. Run speed enchant or unholy DK makes a HUGE difference in amount of damage you take from locust. With the DK you prob wont even take a single stack of the debuff.

Droih
12-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Thank you so very much for this video. Tanked him tonight, and felt a lot safer doing so having watched it beforehand.

Same here, it feels good to have something backing you up - not just standing there infront of an new boss :D

Doxai
12-03-2008, 02:19 AM
I have watched and listen to this video several times , hammering in the strategy and how i should walk n turn and avoid the locust. Yesterday i told the pug guys to check the video out before the buffing and we 1 shotted Anub'Rekahn afterwards.

Thank you for this video , Ciderhelm!
Oh and i gots the purple tanking ring from him ^^

Kalagar
12-03-2008, 04:47 AM
My guild took at stab at this boss about 3 days ago, 10 man, normal difficulty. Our MT is a warrior tank with roughly 30k HP buffed. I was our offtank, prot paladin with ~29k HP buffed. We wiped on him several times (before moving on to Instructor; wanted to get at least one boss down =/) and it seems our MT was just getting caught in Insect Swarm too often.

I was thinking about asking my guild to try me as MT this week, specced into Pursuit of Justice in the Ret tree - do you think this would help the encounter a bit, as it gives me 15% faster run speed? Thanks, and great video btw - I think I've really got a feel for how the encounter is supposed to work now. :D

loquatious
12-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Cider why not start the kite off with an intervene? I get a free lead on him that way, just have a ranged dps stand over where i need to intervene.

Ciderhelm
12-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Cider why not start the kite off with an intervene? I get a free lead on him that way, just have a ranged dps stand over where i need to intervene.
I didn't want to make it difficult on our raiders who had not seen the encounter before. This was just our second pull. I do suggest using an Intervene in the movie.

That said, the earlier comment that you can just stand there and eat it works fine, so long as the healers are aware. I did that this week w/ no issue other than my health dipping low the first time.

Kenney
12-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Agreed- I tanked it in place last night with a two healer-raid and had no problems. Kind of a shame, really- your video looked like a more fun way to go.

MontanaTaur
12-04-2008, 07:47 AM
I didn't see anyone else comment on this, so I'll toss this suggestion in. If you are tanking him as a druid, you can pop cat form while running away to get your speed bonus. Even just the extra speed from Feral Swiftness (assuming you have the talent, which most tank builds do for the dodge) will help, but if you bump into a wall and it slows you down, Dash comes in handy as well. You don't get hit with any melee damage, so the squishiness of cat doesn't hurt you at all.

One other thing I noticed is that you can't cast Barkskin while being hit with Locust swarm. This surprised me since you can cast that spell when under the effects of other incapacitate-type spells (fear, stuns, frozen, asleep, etc).

We tried the strategy of just eating the locust swarms rather than kiting and it did not work for us. I think a healer may have been positioned to close and got silenced. As noted above, I couldn't Barkskin or really use any other emergency buttons. I wouldn't have minded trying it that way again, but the raid leader was adamant that kiting was the way to go and wasn't really willing to give that idea another shot.

We had a few wipes on this guy initially, I think because of general confusion with the strategy. The RL for some reason wanted a hunter to grab aggro and kite him across the room, which did not work very well. I think the RL might have been remembering using the Intervene trick in 40-mans back in the day...but of course I'm not a warrior, so that was never going to work.

Viertel
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
We had a few wipes on this guy initially, I think because of general confusion with the strategy. The RL for some reason wanted a hunter to grab aggro and kite him across the room, which did not work very well. I think the RL might have been remembering using the Intervene trick in 40-mans back in the day...but of course I'm not a warrior, so that was never going to work.

You RL sounds less than optimally intelligent if he seriously expected and wanted a Hunter to pull hate and kite him across the room. Using AotP to kite across now is unnecessary, and honestly if the MT has problems getting out in time it's just a matter of "Move faster, sooner." now.

You couldn't Intervene back in the 40 man days because it didn't exist.

MontanaTaur
12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
You RL sounds less than optimally intelligent if he seriously expected and wanted a Hunter to pull hate and kite him across the room. Using AotP to kite across now is unnecessary, and honestly if the MT has problems getting out in time it's just a matter of "Move faster, sooner." now.

You couldn't Intervene back in the 40 man days because it didn't exist.

You make a good point. I'm really not sure what he was thinking.

As far as getting out in time, my issue initially was running on the inside of the water, rather on the outside lip shown in the video. Once I started using that lip, getting out in time was easy. The reason I WASN'T on the lip on the initial attempts was because it put me out of range of healers...which of course shouldn't matter because I'm not taking damage at that time anyway.

So once we sorted all that out, the encounter went quite well.

Longevity
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Firstly, thanks for the video. I never actually got as far as Anub'rekhan pre-tbc so I wasn't even sure of where the kite path was or even how the surroundings looked - this was a huge help.

One thought though. Just before this encounter I went and specced Pursuit of Justice (15% movement increase), since we have no Hunter and DK and I didn't want to rely on Swiftness Potions (which I also noticed doesn't work for more than one run, since the CD only starts cooling down upon leaving combat).
So, most of the times I ran only with 15% increase. I can't say I ran the milisecond the castbar appeared, more like halfway through, and sometimes later due to Impale, but I didn't once get out of Locust Swarm any earlier than maybe, tops, 20 yards before the "jump" at the end of the sludge-path. Luckily the healers did their part with splendor, and it didn't seem like a problem either when I glanced at my healthbar.

However, since we were only 8 (3 healers, 2 tanks, rest dps) in entry level gear, the Enrage hit us like a ton of bricks at 25%ish. :)

Graargh
12-12-2008, 01:23 AM
I'd also like to thank you for the video. It's a very high quality, and has a nice description of how the encounter works.

My fairly casual guild attempted Anub'Rekhan tonight and wiped over and over. I believe the problem was with the Corpse Scarabs. They come out of the corpses randomly, and the mage couldn't ever see them in time to Frost Nova them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle the Scarabs? Eventually they become overwhelming and there's just nothing you can do to keep from wiping.

Hylune
12-12-2008, 04:08 AM
Have a mage on top of the dead bodies with 'V' activated.
Then this mage can nova as soon as the red life bars of the scarab are displayed

Sigoth
12-12-2008, 04:49 AM
this boss is pretty simple, to the guy who suggested cat form at the locust swarms it really isnt needed, ive done him 3 times MT'ing each time, running from the swarms in bear and i do get hit by the swarms more often than not, however i stick a holy pala on me and he can heal through it with no difficulty, i would offer some tips, if u run heavy melle raids like i do ( out of lack of ranged dps, not choice ) tell ure melle to move away from anub at 15 seconds before the locust, tell a hunter to volley @ the healers when crypt scarabs come, and other than that ask a resto druid to deal soley with the impales and the raid, keep 1 healer on ureself and ure golden.

Droih
12-12-2008, 06:01 AM
this boss is pretty simple, to the guy who suggested cat form at the locust swarms it really isnt needed, ive done him 3 times MT'ing each time, running from the swarms in bear and i do get hit by the swarms more often than not, however i stick a holy pala on me and he can heal through it with no difficulty, i would offer some tips, if u run heavy melle raids like i do ( out of lack of ranged dps, not choice ) tell ure melle to move away from anub at 15 seconds before the locust, tell a hunter to volley @ the healers when crypt scarabs come, and other than that ask a resto druid to deal soley with the impales and the raid, keep 1 healer on ureself and ure golden.

same here, sometimes i get 5stacks on me (6-10k ticks) but with my 42k its pretty easily out healed :) haven't had 1 whipe on him so far :P

CombatJack
12-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I tried a few times kiting him around using that little ledge in the video, but was unable to avoid the swarm each time. I have the new speed enchant so I'm guessing I just suck at kiting him around without assistance.

Instead i use an intervene macro to my focus target(usually a hunter) who is standing to the side near the slime. I don't get hit with a single stack of the debuff.
/target focus
/cast Intervene

shaak
12-14-2008, 12:43 AM
im just wondering what a normal amount iof stacks of locust swarm is?
when i ran this today i was nearly always getting 8 stacks and thats with me moving the millisecond he starts casting locust swarm

Thuggernautt
12-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Great video - thanks!
Does anybody else use charge after they have been impaled to reduce fall damage? I've found out if you charge about 1/3-1/2 on the way down, you can minimize/eliminate any fall damage that may incur

funkyzafara
12-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Just want to start off by saying very nice guides Cider!

I have been killing Anub'Rekhan both on 10-man and 25-man version, but I have a problem with the running part.

On 10-man I don't have any problem running away from him, easily doable..

In the 25-man version however I have yet to manage to get away from him without getting 10 stacks of Locust Swarm..

Anyone have any tips for me?

Kierlya
12-22-2008, 02:46 AM
We also found it to be much easier to have the tank stand where he was and riide out the Locust Swarm with our healers focusing on him. When it started all our melee would run out and get on the guard or if they could heal they would throw there unspec'd heals to the tank to insure no spike damage took him out. This method working amaizingly well for us and after numerous attempts at kiting him we downed him our first try with this method. Definitely 2 thumbs up for this strat.

Gridiron
12-23-2008, 08:47 AM
My guild and I will be attempting this guy for the first time tonight. I would like to try and intervene out of the swarm. Where does the intervene target setup? If I am kiting along the edge I don't want to intervene through the slime. Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

sireousmoo
12-23-2008, 02:17 PM
My Guild went into try this guy after farming another pair of T7 Gloves.

We tried to keep the tank (Prot Warrior) in during the Locus Swarm and seemed to be able to keep him up. The issue was that our Healers kept dying from the stupid Scarabs.

We tried to keep mages near him and even have the off tank (Pally) stand right next to the healers did seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thederoy
01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Wow!

Thanks a lot for this video, it definitely helped us a lot!

Gnurken
01-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I tried a few times kiting him around using that little ledge in the video, but was unable to avoid the swarm each time. I have the new speed enchant so I'm guessing I just suck at kiting him around without assistance.

Instead i use an intervene macro to my focus target(usually a hunter) who is standing to the side near the slime. I don't get hit with a single stack of the debuff.
/target focus
/cast Intervene

People keep saying I should intervene but I take pride in kiting him the old 40man way, without hunter, and not taking a single debuff of locust swarm. Run in time !

Riothealz
01-13-2009, 08:17 AM
I found that a great way to heal through Locust Swarm can be for a pally healer to bubble and run with tank. Bubble will protect tank and the healer does not have to worry about positioning. As a warning the Locust Swarm lasts longer than the bubble so its best to set up ahead of tank's path then bubble once you get locust tick.

great trick for 25mans when you can set a healadin rotation for it

Azz
01-13-2009, 11:23 PM
My guild is not here yet so I am PUGGing. Yes, feel my pain.

Two days ago was my first try at this and I hadn't seen the video. The MT insisted in standing right in front of the curtain with Anub'rekhan's back to the raid. This meant the healers were getting too close, getting silenced (actually, "Pacified") and, BAM, tank dead, raid dead. As OT I was doing a reasonable job of handling the Crypt Stalkers, but all to no avail.

Yesterday, totally different group. Most hadn't been before. But I'd watched this video in the meantime ;-) It took a good 3-4 minutes explaining the fight over /ra, but we one-shotted him using the kiting technique.

So I wanted to give a big thank-you to Project Marmot: this stuff is not only for going up on your guild web pages, but for referring PUG members to when they keep wiping on a boss. Quite simply brilliant.

PS: Second Spider boss? I hadn't had time to watch the video and we wiped repeatedly because DPS either killed the worshippers too soon, or I had the boss too far away (without realising you had to be close to get the debuff). Next time, she goes down ;-)

ozgiliath
01-14-2009, 03:22 AM
sorry not a tank im afraid but i found that when my guild did this that the tank did not need to kite near the green slime. just around the adge of the main circle while healers dps etc moved around the furthest edge of the green circle that is about 30 yards if not more which is plenty of space for healing and dpsing wihtout beiing silenced. you tend to avoid the slime debuff issue

Ferim
01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm a OT for my guild and for this encounter on 10-man I usually just wait for the locust swarm cast bar to appear, I transform in cat form and hit dash and none to minimal damage taken. For the feral druids that are doing if you don't already know you MUST be careful as to how far away you get away from him because if you bee-line it away from him to the otherside of the room he will not follow the curve and just go straight for you which in turn will then give your raid the debuff which will cause a damper on killing him.

I have yet to try the strat suggest as above on the 10-man but on the 25-man it works wonders.

Ruiin
01-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the vid and for the great site. Having enjoyed your podcasts for a good while now, I finally got to the site to check things out and glad i did. Fairly new to tanking and even newer to trying to tank well, lol. With that in mind, ciderhelm might you list the mods you're using in the vid? or if its posted elsewhere direct me there? Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

whiskeyjack
01-26-2009, 06:55 AM
There really is no need for kiting on this boss.

Tank him where you enter the room, NOT where he starts.
Run in and grab aggro.Pull him back to the entrance where you enter the room, between the green slime channels.Turn him around to face the raid.I realise that other people will get hit by his spike thing but this is easy to heal through.

Kill one add first then drag the second add onto the dead body of the first add.This ensures scarabs come from the same place.Try and kill and following cryptguards here as well.

As to the locust swarm, this is the reason you have him facing the raid.Swarm is a 30yd range.If you face the raid then healers can easily stay out his range.Also if you are tanking him at the entrance rather than where the boss starts this gives your ranged dps moneuvering room on the adds which come out the door where the boss starts.

To avoid extra damage on his spike thing just get people to not stand in a line away from the boss.If they all have an unimpeded view of Anub then there should be only one person hit by the spikes (normally the tank as well ).

Melee can kill adds while swarm is up.

We did it this way 10 man to start and thought we'd try it initially on 25 man.Worked a treat,The only time i come close to dying is if i sometimes take fall damage at the wrong moment.

Thanks Wj

hermy
01-29-2009, 05:14 AM
im not sure how true this is but my raid leader when i first went in to Naxx said that when the locust swarm goes up everyone but the tank needs to stand in the green circle in the middle and it stops the locust swarm form stacking on them but tank still needs to kite i didn't really get to watch the raid much cuase i was MT but it looked liked it worked no one died in the raid did it one shot with bout 7 of the ppl being first timers in naxx.

also ive noticed that when anub'rekan is casting locust swarm he can only rotate if u move at 3seconds till end of cast u don't get the stack debuff and dont need a move speed buff

EDIT: he now moves with casting the swarm so u need the speed increase or ur gunna take the ticks

Selfia
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Just a quick thought for any1 new to the kiting and lacking a hunter or a DK for the speed increase. The old Swiftness of Zanza potions (20% speed increase) from Zul'Gurub.

SugeGnight
02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Not sure if this was answered before, but does DK Anti-magic shell absorb most of the insect swarm? There is a cast timer correct? If so, as a DK tank, in theory, I should be able to cast AMS before the insect swarm, I should be able to avoid some of that damage.

Ladrone
02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
When my guild does Anub we try to have at least one hunter with us, but not for the popular reason apparently. Everytime we down an add, I tell a hunter to drop an explosion(correct term?) on the add so when the scarabs spawn, they are dropped down by 25-30%. makes gettin rid of them alot easier and faster!

Senti
02-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Confirming the post by whiskeyjack. On firetree I have not been in a single raid that kited him, the most important things to remember for 'eating' the locust swarm are that he must be tanked towards the raid with his back against the door. Both melee and ranged DPS focuses on the elite add during this time and when swarm ends they switch back to the boss. Overall I'd say that Anub'rekhan is about as much of a challenge as heroic dungeon. If I remember next time we do it I'll Fraps it though I don't have any nice things to put the video together with. And I'm a ranged DPS >.>

kealthes
03-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I found out a New way to Keep the tank up if He is Not greatly geared.
Me and My guild Went to Naxx and Sadly whiped a few times After the first hit of the Locust swarm.
Our tank had only about 33k Health when fully buffed and was 28k unbuffed and he was a Dk.
What I found out was with having 3 healers with Us 1 tank(second tank not showing up)and rest Dps.
That we could Save our more or less under geared Tank from death During this first stage by having 1 Healer Running accross the room When Anub start to cast Locust swarm and having the Second Main tank healer running with the tank allong the Path and using small heals.
Nice thing of having 2 healers on your Tank is he Full health when on the other side and stays so Even with the Multiple stacks of the Locust swarm still on him.
and Your 3rd Healer(shaman)(using chain heals) healing the player tanking the Crypt Guard as the rest of the Raid take almost no damage during this fight except from the Scarabs.
It's a great easy way to Still do naxx even if your raid Doesn't have a good geared tank that can take the Hits of Locust Swarm without a problem.

Draket
03-11-2009, 01:14 AM
HI nice with the vid of this boss

my guild isnt resdy yet so i have to pug it tried going there 2 times and only on this boss wiped both times :-(
i was the ot..
i picked up the big add no probs there but the small ones dam so hard to get them...
are they easy to kill and best just to let all dps kill them or do i have to tank them?

Razorex
03-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey Cider, I just had a quick question. I don't really understand why you need to kite him. I understand the Locust Swarm, but why would that make you kite him? I was just wondering.

Mordaci
03-27-2009, 07:46 AM
You might try a haste potion if you're a prot warrior.

Aoifa-Blackhand
03-28-2009, 12:53 AM
I discovered that in the 10-Man (unsure about the 25) that a Shaman's Earthbind Totem will snare the Boss if your MT does not have a run speed buff. It lasts 45 seconds. Just drop it near the kite path.

Grishnaz
03-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey Cider, I just had a quick question. I don't really understand why you need to kite him. I understand the Locust Swarm, but why would that make you kite him? I was just wondering.

It does a fair amount of damage that undergeared raids wont be able to deal with, with a competent group though you can just have you tank eat the locust swarm, its not too difficult

Grishnaz
03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
I discovered that in the 10-Man (unsure about the 25) that a Shaman's Earthbind Totem will snare the Boss if your MT does not have a run speed buff. It lasts 45 seconds. Just drop it near the kite path.

Part of the self buff of locust swarm actually slows him

Byteme
04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
These videos were a definite help on arachnid and Plague quarters... Keep up the good work cinder!

Gameking
04-03-2009, 03:02 PM
When we fight this one I have my wife, a huntard LOL, use Aspect of the Newb on me and I never take swarm damage at all. I have also done it without moving and use my trinkets and sheild wall and other skills to survive the Locust Swarm. Pretty easy fight overall so long as your DPS can kill the Spider adds within about 10 to 15 seconds after it has been picked up and stabilized by the OT.

Rhapsodychic
04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
As dps, where should I be standing during the fight? Are the Crypt Fiends fought in the middle of the room? I'm a little confused as to where the tanks are in relation to the dps.

Aoifa-Blackhand
04-19-2009, 10:51 PM
On our second excursion, we downed the mob (and went on to clear the wing).

Rather than mess with kiting, we just healed through it. Was much easier that way. We went with 2 priests and 1 resto shaman for heals. Warrior MT and OT. Remaining raid was DPS (melee DPS moved to group during swarming and changed to ranged DPS).

Priests concentrated on MT (rotating until one was LOM, then switching so the other could recover mana) during swarming. Shaman kept earth shield and riptide on MT and healed OT.

We clustered everyone on the left side (facing the mob) so they would be in range of chain and group heals. OT pulled the adds into the group cluster and we burned them down.

Worked like a charm on normal difficulty, although we did wipe once or twice. The key was keeping the MT in heal range while not getting the healers in the swarm (I think that's why it took more than one try -- one of the healers snuck in too close by accident).

Skoalhunter
04-21-2009, 11:52 AM
does anyone know how to get the damage and healing scroll around you instead of above you? is it an addon or is it in your UI? im a tank and it gets really annoying when you cant see lol. if you can email me back at rma013@comcast.net with some answers that would be really appreciated. thanks :) and cider. your awesome dude!

Shinzhan
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Kiting is an old school naxx 40 strategy. It is no longer necessary in 25 man content. Guilds even heroic gear can pull off the no kite strategy in 10 or 25 man as long as healers maintain their distance during the swarm. Tanks in blues should probably take extra care to pop their cooldowns at appropriate times to help their healers out.

Venenum-Norgannon
07-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey, this is a really nice video. This is really great for players that haven't stepped into naxx yet to see the boss fights. In the video Cider says to post to your guild forums.... well, how do i do that exactly? Sorry for the noob question, but i have just made a guild website, and ive opened up a forum to link all these great videos. Problem is... i dont know how too, so, can anyone tell me real quick.... but, besides that...

Great video! I cant wait to watch the newest videos once the patch comes out. Thanks!