PDA

View Full Version : Naxxramas Heigan the Unclean

Ciderhelm
11-26-2008, 12:17 PM
This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

VUlliMso570

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
VUlliMso570

Encounter Information
Raid begins at quarter 1, ranged on platform.
Phase 1: 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-Teleport (raid moves to quarter 1).
Phase 2: 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-3-2-Engage (move him back to Quarter 1; ranged return to platform).

Want to focus on just the movement? Skip to the 5:11 marker and turn your sound off.

Hints & Tips From Other Players

Once a healer is sufficiently familiar with the dance phase, they can generally toss out instant casts on people who get themselves hit. It's not a 1-shot anymore; you can definitely survive one hit. That said, usually if someone gets hit by one, they're gonna get hit again soon.

It's easy for healers to cast their fast heals one time on someone when they are on the outside areas because they dont have to keep running the full distance like they do when moving through the middle 2 sections.

I thought I could offer a very useful tip which I find simplifies the encounter.

Should you have a shaman have them place 1 totem at each spot you want everyone to move to. People can misjudge -or- fail to follow due to lag. Totems should take care of both of these common reasons for deaths.

Unfortunately those that don't pay attention will still kill themselves.

Alternatively, you could use smoke flares.

This fight is awfully forgiving though; the eruptions don't 1-shot anymore, as previously stated, and if you have the basic empirical group of tank/healer/dps, you can still take Heigan down as he has no enrage timer. We were able to 4-man him for 40% or so of his remaining life, and likely indefinitely as phase 2 gives more than enough mana regen.

Corrections & Clarifications
Correction: I refer to the poison field as a DOT. I believe that's incorrect. It's just a lot of damage.

Rak
11-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Probably my favorite fight in Naxx. I would love to see a fight similar to this with more dynamic movement required.

Krenian
11-26-2008, 12:21 PM
This is an awfully mean fight for any dps that has to have a cast timer of some sort, having to move around. My condolences. lol

But yes, fun fight I gotta admit. Very unique in it's own way.

ttocs
11-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Not really, have the casters stand on the platform when he's being tanked, and then move out and run with the group during the "dance" phase.

Krenian
11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I completely forgot about that..jesus, it's correct Tony day.

Rak
11-26-2008, 12:25 PM
You're going to see priests turn into the... holy... death priests... they turn into.

Lore
11-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Once a healer is sufficiently familiar with the dance phase, they can generally toss out instant casts on people who get themselves hit. It's not a 1-shot anymore; you can definitely survive one hit. That said, usually if someone gets hit by one, they're gonna get hit again soon.

Bishoptwo
11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
It's easy for healers to cast their fast heals one time on someone when they are on the outside areas because they dont have to keep running the full distance like they do when moving through the middle 2 sections.

elio
11-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Cider what is that mod that shows your rage and health % numbers on the screen.

Ciderhelm
11-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Cider what is that mod that shows your rage and health % numbers on the screen.
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/41219-digits-numeric-head-up-display.html

Boot
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
I thought I could offer a very useful tip which I find simplifies the encounter.

Should you have a shaman have them place 1 totem at each spot you want everyone to move to. People can misjudge -or- fail to follow due to lag. Totems should take care of both of these common reasons for deaths.

Cryst
11-26-2008, 01:33 PM

Alternatively, you could use smoke flares.

This fight is awfully forgiving though; the eruptions don't 1-shot anymore, as previously stated, and if you have the basic empirical group of tank/healer/dps, you can still take Heigan down as he has no enrage timer. We were able to 4-man him for 40% or so of his remaining life, and likely indefinitely as phase 2 gives more than enough mana regen.

Satrina
11-26-2008, 03:17 PM
We have a lot of people who have never done Heigan DDR. I am not looking forward to teaching them.

Once your casters are really used to it, I've seen people get a fireball/frostbolt off between 1/2 and 3/4 switches. They dance the line exactly, then take one step to the new safe spot and cast.

Morgo
11-26-2008, 05:14 PM
There is a kind of exploit in the first phase: If you tank him ON the platform, but right in one corner, just barely outside of the eruption zone, all ranged and healers can stack up on each other in the opposite corner and still be far away enough not to get hit by his debuffs. You still have to run in phase 2, though... When repostioning him after a phase change, It's ok to back away a little into the eruption for one tick to get him positioned correctly, It only hits for like 5k, and you will be screaming for rage anyway because you are not turning your back. Kinda spoils the fight IMHO, but ever tried to tell your melee dps they have to run, when they know there is a different way :(

I would love if Blizzard fixed this, It really IS the most fun fight in Naxx.

Dhalphir
11-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Its not even remotely hard to run the dance in the first phase.

Blizzard will fix the spot soon enough. You have to learn to dance it in phase 2 anyway, you might as well do it in phase 1 too.

Xhathor
11-27-2008, 12:15 AM
For your raidmembers with low latency simply tell them to stay with the tank. Normaly he knows the positions best because he has to use them the whole fight.

I don't know Morgo, I never turn my back to him when I tank him. The eruptions in the tanking phase move so slowly you can just walk backwards.

Much more concerning than the safe-spot in his tanking phase is the other safe-spot in the dance phase where the whole raid could stand while he is on the platform. That really spoils the fun.

juggernauth
11-27-2008, 02:18 AM
The good old safe spot also still works, if you are on a hurry to kill him...

Delicatesse
11-27-2008, 03:07 AM
There is a kind of exploit in the first phase: If you tank him ON the platform, but right in one corner, just barely outside of the eruption zone, all ranged and healers can stack up on each other in the opposite corner and still be far away enough not to get hit by his debuffs.

Yeah we discovered this on the first pull. It's kinda hard to position him right but it's worth it very much. No need to run in phase1 at all.

Morgo
11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Don't get me wrong, I WANT blizz to fix this. We already killed him dancing with our small 10man group, but members of our 25 group from another guild told us about the save spot. So now, this is all we do, because it makes an already easy instance even easier :( Really looking forward to the day, when they increase the range and we all wipe HORRIBLY :D

Nuke
11-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I took a screen shot and color coded each of the zones and how wide they are and where the begin and end. This is a rough diagram not exact spots i am recalling this from memory but i can serve as a guide if your not sure how each zone looks.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8518/hagdanceja6.th.jpg (http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hagdanceja6.jpg)

Ontarin
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I think this is very easy, but some newer raiders (and even experienced ones /sigh) can have trouble judging where the "invisible line" is for the sections. I took four flares and put them right in the middle of each section, worked like a charm. Also, we 5 manned him in the 10 man version, and that was with 1 heal 2 tanks (both in tank gear) and 2 dpsers. As said he does no dmg and you can killhim easily if you don't die to the eruption.

Edit: 5 man was from 79% to death.

Elson
12-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Just wanted to post a thank you for this guide. My first night learning this guy was not a good one as I had been working on little sleep and just could not make a mental note of where to go next.

We tried him again this week and while 7 out of 10 raid members were dead at 50% we still got him down. Myself(prot pally) and one of our healing paladins 2 manned him the last 12%. The fight took 27 mintues :eek:.

A large part of what helped me stay alive was watching this guide and making a mental note of where cider goes during phase 2. Finding a specific crack in the floor where the eruption just happened allowed me a spot to focus on and kept me safe.

Black Cat
12-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Another way to look at the eruption 'quarters' is by the platform (looking at the platform):
Q1 - Left of the platform
Q2 - Left half of the platform
Q3 - Right half of the platform
Q4 - Right of the platform

As previously mentioned, you could also drop a smoke flare, in this case halfway across the platform, but they only have 5 minute duration, if I remember correctly.

Corpses also make good markers where (not) to stand.

Hiwashi
12-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, I canīt dance =/

My tip is: If you donīt play with a low ping, DONīT TRY TO TANK HIM. I did him last night, and only 3 people died, me and my 2 friends that are from Brazil, we play with 500ms+ so WE are safe on your screen, but that wave just hit us and we die.

Predatorprime
12-08-2008, 09:24 AM
You are able to DoT once you have the timing down.
It is actually quite easy to do so if you are able to strafe through the phase 2 dance.
Personally words of wisdom for moonkins is to not use starfall during Phase 2 dance, it will generate 2 much threat in most cases and you run the risk of getting thumped on your way back to the platform.
This should be common sense, but it seemed worth noting anyways.

Edit - BTW for those that don't know as I didn't see it noted, turning visual effects up for the encounter makes it easier to tell where the next zone to move to is.

akira5284
12-11-2008, 08:42 AM
How are people dealing with the Phase 2-to-Phase 1 transition?

Every time we get to this point and Heigan comes off the platform everyone in the raid gets hit with decrepit fever and our healers can't manage to decurse fast enough to keep everyone alive. We don't wipe, but we do lose people.

How do other handle this so it is more flawless?

teilathan
12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
We did this boss 2 days ago with a group who didn't have much experience on raids. we had 2 wipes at first right on first times on phase 2. After second wipe few of us came to watch the video again and I think it helped a lot. As on third try we had 2 tanks (pally and druid) 1 healer (pally) and 1dps (hunter) left after phase 2 and just decided to go on and practise but we actually killed him. Everyone who was left worked perfectly on phase 2. Last time we had it our druid tank died due to getting in eruption and healer being without mana as phase 2 had just started, but at that time boss was pretty much dead. This took us almost 20 minutes to do and rest of the raid was cheering and promised to do better next week. We will defenately get everyone to watch the video before that though

Lizana
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I can confirm no enrage timer. 39 minutes for myself and my Shammy healer's searing totem to dps him down after a nub agroed before anyone was ready.

Golfgate
12-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Last night was the first night in Naxx for 8 of 10 of us including me as off tank. This was going to be our last boss of the night and after 4 straight wipes here we called it.

Probably not the best idea as it was midnight and we were all beat so this was frustrating. I will say I perplexed as it looked like I was right on top of the main tank who we marked with an X during the phase 2 dance and I still took loads of damage and he took none.

After watching the videos it looks as if we were standing too deep in the room from the platform which made us have to cover more distance between the eruptions and this may have been the issue as it looked like I ws right on the main tank but even being a bit behind could have caused more damage - being closer to the platform during phase 2 dance seems prudent as it seems to reduce the distance you have to run between zones and gives you more time.

This guide is great thanks - going back in thursday and this helps visually as I won't need to follow now and i can just run to stops as you detailed.

UWSkeletor
12-17-2008, 07:16 AM
We do not mark the tank or anyone else for this reason. If your raid is looking for the mark and trying to run to him there are going to most likely get hit by the acid. It may look like you are right behind the "X" on your screen, but due to latency of you and him, you are most likely 5-10 yards behind him. (to see an example of this watch in WSG or AV, at the start when there are like 5 people auto-running into the gate. If you do it, it will pretty much always appear as if you "win" the race. Well, it also appears like that for everyone else running out too!)

We tried the marking and the flares the first few times, but then we just decided people had to do it on their own. Just look where the acid shoots out and run to it. It really is pretty simple once you get the hang of it, just make sure you don't run too far in quadrants 1 and 4 as those are pretty large, and you don't want to have to run that extra distance to get to the next one.

Polk
12-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Literally in phase one you can have your tank and melee stand at the rear or far side of the platform, and have your ranged stand at the other. Basically diagonally positioned across the platform. (ranged being on the nearest corner as you face the room )Notice ranged and melee need to be aware of the slime and just have to simply scoot up if they are getting hit. This eliminates the dancing for phase one. It basically cuts the encounter down to 1 dance and becomes exceptionally easier.

btw the key to this is your tank overshooting the corner and placing H on the corner as far away from the casters as possible... in doing this they need to time the slime as well and not screw around... its fairly easy. Just takes the tank 1-2 tries to get it down... we will be posting a video shortly

UWSkeletor
12-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I could see doing that to maximize dps without having to move, but I don't think it helps with the dance at all. If you can't do the dance during phase 1, there's no way you'll do it in phase 2 :)

HemmerN
12-20-2008, 09:41 AM

Every time we get to this point and Heigan comes off the platform everyone in the raid gets hit with decrepit fever and our healers can't manage to decurse fast enough to keep everyone alive. We don't wipe, but we do lose people.

What I do (Healer atm) Is that right before he is to run back i dont follow the raid to sone 2 bur run up to teh platform from sone 3 that way only I get the desiase (saves shitloads of mana):P

shaak
12-21-2008, 11:35 PM
did this the other night with our holy pally solo healing from 80%-0% because other healers (druid and priest) just couldnt run fast run fast enough -_-

Ariedan
12-23-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm so glad to see you run through him, and then spin around to catch him as you're running from position to position. I felt stupid for doing it, but strafing failed as it gave me less control where he moves, which is essential for the melee positioning.

Also.. what's up with this music you keep using? I keep expecting to hear my local weather forecast. :P

Draconis-Azrael
12-31-2008, 03:27 AM
nice video. though..... the parry gib is gone, having melee infront doesnt do anything if he parrys anymore, aside from parry them

slashtankadin
12-31-2008, 06:16 AM
In a funny sort of way i actually like this fight, But then in some cases hate it because you can never quite seem to get all of your DPS to move lol, but once your group gets a hang of it it can be quite a battle because you have to do so much, when you down him, it realy feels like you have done something, I love Tanking its my passion and this adds a little bit of fun to the mix :D, This safe spot is it realy worth sitting there for 1 phase ?? or would you rarther just do the running ?, personally I would rarther do the runnning like someone said in a earlyer post, Blizz will only debug it in the next patch :)

Davisu, TanKadIN

Kheapathic
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM

Personally I can blink through him to make this part easier. If you have an attentive raid you should realize phase 2 always stops at the second quadrant (if I remember correctly). Now when he comes charging in it should be at your tank who should be walking to quadrant one. As a ranged or caster you can strafe to the right into quadrant three a bit before you head onto his platform. You should have plenty of time to get there and not take a floor explosion.

Sindai
01-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Found another nice flash movie with the eruption zones...

Heigan-Zones (http://www.theorderls.com/belt/wm/wow/heigan.html)

Helped me alot on my first encounter...

Dubzil
01-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Did this boss last night with a new strategy.. involves no running what-so-ever. when you enter the door, you are to heigan's right if he's looking forward (Q1) i am going to explain it from looking at him head on. have all melee and tanks stand on the very bottom right corner of the platform. all of the ranged and healers then stand in the corner of the doorway going to the maggot/snake room. you have to be running as far into the corner as you can and you won't get hit. no melee takes dmg. when heigan teleports, all melee run to where the casters are hiding and continue to dps him ranged til he's off the platform. no running. no damage, everybody gets achievement. eazy fight.

slashtankadin
01-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Did this boss last night with a new strategy.. involves no running what-so-ever. when you enter the door, you are to heigan's right if he's looking forward (Q1) i am going to explain it from looking at him head on. have all melee and tanks stand on the very bottom right corner of the platform. all of the ranged and healers then stand in the corner of the doorway going to the maggot/snake room. you have to be running as far into the corner as you can and you won't get hit. no melee takes dmg. when heigan teleports, all melee run to where the casters are hiding and continue to dps him ranged til he's off the platform. no running. no damage, everybody gets achievement. eazy fight.

As good as that sounds m8 and im sure it can be done, you know what blizz are like they will de-ugg it in the next patch rember were only on the 1st patch so you might aswell learn the dance, but im going to try this next week did him a few days ago :) but ill try this method next weeks save,

Davisu TanKadIN

maexio
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm trying to teach an entire group of people this fight, and while I think I'm beginning to get it down, we keep losing healers who are busy trying to cast heals for those that 'miss step'..

I've now decided that until the Healers get the dance down, that noone will get any heals at all during Phase 2. I'm still guessing that people need 'cleansed' at the start, can anyone confirm this..

Id like to say, - Cleanse Party
- Dance Dance Dance
- Let those who can't dance Die.

Does this sound accurate?

Sindai
01-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Id like to say,
- Cleanse Party
- Dance Dance Dance
- Let those who can't dance Die.

Does this sound accurate?

Same problem here,
healers will die trying to heal those guys who can't dance.
So we let them die.
It's better to have a living healer and loose a dps than vice versa.

As long as the rest of the group can do the dance the boss can be done.
Even a tank/healer duo can do it, but it will last for hours.... :eek:

pencil
01-06-2009, 09:37 PM
yes they'll probably fix it in the next patch but there's at least one safe spot at the moment - the one we used was on the opposite side, in the corner by the see-through wall, to his left if you're looking from his point of view.

Turack
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
White smoke flares work similar to shaman totems, and it also allows the Shaman to keep their totems on the platform with them. I've also had Shaman in my raids drop searing totems on the platform just before the boss teleports, the totem will continue to dps the boss while in the "Run Phase."

Kerplah
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Even a tank/healer duo can do it, but it will last for hours.... :eek:

I 2-manned him down the last 50% with a shaman healing . We were the only 2 people who could get the dance right. I didnt see how long it took, but I couldn't see streight by the end of it.

Best advice is, watch where the acid starts in front of you. You need to be a little past this area when the next zone triggers. Always look ahead and dont run too far into the next zone.

Toede
01-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Quick question, can the ranged DPS on the platform pull aggro? Worried with all the running around that they could pull from me.

Thanks,

Toede

Lemortalis
01-08-2009, 07:08 PM
there is a trick to this encounter where a "safe spot" during dance phase can be implemented to negate all moving around

Kheapathic
01-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Did this fight a few nights ago with a guild I never ran with before. What they did is have Heigan stand on a corner of his platform while ranged stood on the opposite corner of his platform. No melee had to dance and ranged was out of his disease and cast speed aura.

Ciderhelm
01-11-2009, 08:48 AM
The poison splashes aren't there for decoration. I will not under any circumstance be promoting the positioning element that eliminates the need to do the encounter as intended.

Fujihiko
01-12-2009, 03:42 AM
My guild is getting ready to get going on Naxx and these vids are great.

Apsat
01-12-2009, 03:52 AM
While we used the safe spot tactic on our first kill of him last night i have a feeling it will get fixed in a patch to stop that from happening which part of me does hope happens as the dance part (which i have tried and personally was good at even if the rest of the raid wasn't) is fun.

Horacio
01-16-2009, 01:22 PM
The poison splashes aren't there for decoration. I will not under any circumstance be promoting the positioning element that eliminates the need to do the encounter as intended.

This.
QFE

Dreadaxe
01-17-2009, 04:33 AM
I have done the fight 4 times now 2 times on 10 man with my guild where we did the dance and were successful, didnt get the achievement but thats why its worth anything, cuz its supposed to be difficult

did it 2 times on 25 man with a guild that was pugging tanks...and they wanted to use the exploit, well i wasnt about to step out of an instance i was saved to just cuz i didnt like what they were doing

but not doing the dance, completely ruined the fight for me, no excitement of downing him or anything, got the achievement...but i wish i didnt "woo hoo i got an achievement...for cheating"

If you have any choice in the matter i say take the fight for what its supposed to be....do the dance, have fun

hermy
01-29-2009, 06:51 PM
you'll be please to hear that the exploit is fix we tried to pull it of in naxx the other day and wiped in 5 seconds so now you have to dance:D

rainfire1483
01-29-2009, 07:09 PM
I have ran this with my guildies a few time now, and i have seen spots that are safe. I have 3 and 4 man this boss < 20 minute fight > every time, after running these, i started watching where i take dmg, and i have seen 3 safe spot for all 4 zone, < no pics, i can post later> < but once i found the stay spots i had my team run thought spot a few time and every time we drop the boss, i make them run a fake run of the zone with mark on where stay spot are. one thing is have shaman pop totem in the stay spot for those people how just can't take time to look at the screen or try the auto follow < failure >

rainfire1483
01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
I borrow Nuke < zone Pic < I have put yellow marks where u can stand and take no dmg, In the 3/4 zone u see one circle, u can stand in that circle and take no dmg from either zone, also < i have mark on the floor with black line, thing i use as the marks on the floor, zone one, easy the biggest area, zone two, as i run up that what look like a h to me on the floor, then in to zone 3/4 it look like a smile with to look slash eyes. stand in between both, when u stand the for zone three, u will see the two eye on the smile light up, then turn around and the smile on the ground will flash for zone four. I have ran this and have taken no dmg. Hope it help u guys with keeping your people alive.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k90/rainfire1483/hagdanceja6-1.jpg

Danxor
01-29-2009, 08:34 PM
In my 10 man runs we run very heavy melee, sometimes 8 melee and the 2 healers.

We revamped the strategy to have the 2 healers run the dance phase 1 and we tank Heigan on the platform so the melee can DPS easily the whole phase.

Blondyking
02-28-2009, 01:48 PM
I had a question...

as a warrior... what is the ability your using to rush to zone 1 when you need to start the "dance"? intervene?

Petninja
02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
That would be Intervene.

Roton
03-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Great movie Ciderhelm really helped me alot so now I'm often doing the tanking on that guy since I'm aparently the best at it.

Magitastic
03-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Ciderhelm, Can you please tell me the name of the addon that has your status above 3 actionbars? i havent been able to find it on Curse, and i want to have my whole screen like yours.

Sparrowbeak
03-20-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't feel like dancing,, No Sir, No dancing today!

Well.. bang-up number one job on the video.... and I sent on a bio-break to go watch and revise... if they had not done the "homework" re:the Guild MOTD! :)

However.... with the idiom, "Prior Preperation and Planning Prevents a Piss Poor Performance", this was sadly not the case.....<chuckle> with great mirth and cries of "Oh, NoooOooes!" ...the melee party sauntered across the dance floor.....

After being the ONLY Toon to survive the first phase 2, due to your super video.. amid cat calls of "GOOoooo.. Priest!" and "Now TANK it Miss Smart Arse!" on voice.... Quick res and a re-run. We had, what can only be described as a 100% improvment.. both myself AND a Huntard survived.... BUT then SOME bright spark.. had an Idea... this is EXACTLY what the Luna Lights that gather combwebs in your bank slot are for!! (see Screenshot).

Being assured that only a slight ammount of alcohol had been drunk by all members, as it was a mid week raid (early mornings at work, meh!) ... so we were "compus mentus". Up went the Disco-Balls as a guide where to run! Jphn Travolta, eat your heart out, the Bee-Gees have nothing on us!

BUT.. sadly.. this was NOT the case.. you can NOT teach someone with two-left feet how to Foxtrot... BUT it was a good night out. And yes.. your narration is perfect.. "IGNORE EVERYONE.. THINK OF YOURSELF ALONE!". We will endevor to try!..

Thanks again for this Guide from ALL at "Clubbed to Death" (Darkspear, EU)

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/../photoplog/images/25075/small/1_WoWScrnShot_031909_225649.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/photoplog/images/25075/1_WoWScrnShot_031909_225649.jpg)

Artinz
03-30-2009, 06:05 PM
There is a good animation for this that shows the exact zones, down to every crack.
Check it out: http://www.theorderls.com/belt/wm/wow/heigan.html

Fujahza
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
while this encounter can be challenging to new player if you are how ever going through for a fun raid i would suggest my
"leave your friends behind method",
during phase 2 when everyone is performing the quick dance have a hunter turn on aspect of the pack while in most cases this will save the laggers the truely bad dancers will go back to the old ways where if you are hit you will die. being hit by the plague walls will stun any player who fails to dance like a true 80's reganaunt.
please keep in mind this is not intented for pugs and should always be discussed with the raid before performing this

dewrose
05-17-2010, 11:21 AM
abt the hunters. Most of the times that i did heigan ( and failed ) the raid leaders had the dps range go off the platform and do the dance. I just wanted to make sure but are you saying that the range dps should remain on the platform at all times? Thank you

Kazeyonoma
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
no you have to get off the platform as well.

Chamenas
05-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Staying on the platform results in taking unhealable amounts of damage (well, at-gear level, may be different now). So it's definitely better for ranged to run and join in the dance, then run back. There's nothing fail about running the dance, people just have to learn it.