PDA

View Full Version : Naxxramas Gothik

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 10:14 PM
This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

-nNALppyd1E

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
-nNALppyd1E

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 10:14 PM
TankSpot10Gothikk.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static3.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=855065@@AMEPARAM@@static3.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=855065

Parah
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Sadly, we went to this guy right after clearing the spider wing, had less difficulty on him than on instructor (mainly due to confusion with the mind control and taunting).

wayne
11-25-2008, 12:06 AM
nice guide. Especially for people like me that havent got enough guildies to enter naxx yet :(

Alent
11-25-2008, 03:16 AM
this is a test. it is only a test. if this were more than a test, it would have actual content, substance or satirical commentary.

Squeegiemama
11-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Great video!

rustyboy
11-25-2008, 06:03 PM
A video of the Undead side would be helpful as well. Live side tanking is elementary and is more down to how well your dps can control the flow of adds to the undead side.

BoinKlasik
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
You can hit him w/ tongues as well if you are bored and have a warlock. This worked in the 10 man, I don't think we bothered checking if it worked in the 25 man.

Lore
11-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Honestly in my experiences thus far the biggest challenge with Gothik in WotLK is not falling asleep during phase 1.

DKTank<3TankSpot
12-06-2008, 10:18 PM
First post, just to say this fight was EASY!

My guild just started Naxx a few days ago and before this fight, downed Anub'Rekhan, Razuvious and Noth. Gothik was so much easier then any of these fights. We only wiped twice, and most of our group should be doing Heroics instead.

I WOULD do this right after Razuvious, not do him later like you say in the beginning of your video. We had nothing spectacular for DPS, only two people above 2,000 dps.

Thank you for the videos though, they're been a big help.

CombatJack
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Killed this guy on our very first attempt with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps. We cleared the other 3 wings before fighting this guy. If you can kill Loatheb then Gothik will be a piece of cake.

Had our unholy DK tank live side with 1 healer and 3 DPS(the fear glyph for DnD was very effective here). I tanked dead side(warrior) with the same setup, though my side had the 2 highest DPSers in the raid since our DK tank can put out good DPS and theres more adds on dead side. It can get kinda hectic towards the end when they start spawning very quickly on dead side. TClap cooldown takes forever on this fight. I had to use challenging shout to keep our healer from getting killed. I recommend Prot pally or DK for the undead side. Once the gate opened we had our DK main tank since he has AMS/AMZ to help mitigate the shadow bolt damage.

Sangi
12-15-2008, 08:09 AM
What is the difficulty in the 25 mans compared to it in the 10 mans? My overgeared, exploratory group found the 10 man pretty easy. I am curious what aspects of the fight are ramped up for the 25 man. Are there more adds? And obviously they have more HP. Are there added special abilities?

Greygor@Rexxar
12-15-2008, 08:25 AM
25 man is just as easy as the 10 man, if not more so. Myself, i let the hunter on my side put his pet on aggro and take a short nap.

Vakfaroosh
12-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Sangi,

This is probably the easiest fight in Naxx as long as tanks on dead side don't fail and let dps/healers die. There is almost no difficulty for coordination, just burn adds and stay awake. Typically on 25 man live side we are waiting on spawns. And dead side has all adds down before he teleports.

Angry Grimace
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
This is not a difficult encounter at all; perhaps the easiest in Naxxramas; the way I did this was to put 3 lowest DPS and offtank on the live side along with the BEST healer and then put your 2 lesser healers, 2 best DPS and your main tank on the undead side. Even with your lowest DPS on the live side, you might have to have the live side slow down.

Plus, you can get the Sword of 1000 Truths, ER, Slayer of the Lifeless, when you down him.

fullmetalcow
02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I was in a naxx25 pug over the weekend, and we had a real problem with Gothik on 25man. The first rounds of adds were ok, but the last few were too much. There seemed to be adds from the last few rounds, which became way too much to tank (warr) and be able to pickup the incomming.
I'm not sure if its me not being good enough at aoe tanking or not enough dps getting the mobs down. It seems the cooldown for Tclap and shockwave are just to long for this kind of a stream of adds.

fussfuss
03-01-2009, 12:05 PM
I was in a naxx25 pug over the weekend, and we had a real problem with Gothik on 25man. The first rounds of adds were ok, but the last few were too much. There seemed to be adds from the last few rounds, which became way too much to tank (warr) and be able to pickup the incomming. I'm not sure if its me not being good enough at aoe tanking or not enough dps getting the mobs down. It seems the cooldown for Tclap and shockwave are just to long for this kind of a stream of adds.

I had the exact same experience last night with my guild. (25man - I'm a prot warrior) It seemed like I was running in circles just trying to find all the adds running around. One member of the guild said it was my fault for a wipe. Maybe that's true, I don't know for certain.

I think 1 problem I have within the guild is that many of them are very well geared and have huge dps. If i attack 2, 3, 4 of these adds, hit them 1-2 times (or tclap a couple) and run to pick up the next...a mage blasts the first one and steals the aggro so I end up having to re-aggro older adds when new ones are appearing. Is that just me doing poor aggro/not geared enough/guildies not mitigating correctly/something else?

Senti
03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
For the most part all of the adds will come to you, have your DPS and heals tank off towards the entrance for live side and you can just AOE them. It won't be quite as fun as in the video (shouldn't be bouncing around the room with this method) but you should never have to chase a mob. For dead side it's pretty much the same except the place where you stack is the very southeast corner of the room near where the exit is. All of the mobs will come straight to that corner to be tanked.

A few notes I want to make besides those, this fight is just after dealing with some of those other riders which needed their buff purged (shammie). Don't waste time attempting to purge the aura off these guys, it doesn't work. (Tho maybe it's just me that slams my 0 key when I see that bony hand icon).

Also I've never had Gothik die on dead side (IE he always goes to live side before the gate opens). Can anyone confirm this because it would give the live side DPS a few more seconds of DPS if they aren't watching that gate.

Stormgard88
03-18-2009, 03:05 AM
I was in a naxx25 pug over the weekend, and we had a real problem with Gothik on 25man. The first rounds of adds were ok, but the last few were too much. There seemed to be adds from the last few rounds, which became way too much to tank (warr) and be able to pickup the incomming.
I'm not sure if its me not being good enough at aoe tanking or not enough dps getting the mobs down. It seems the cooldown for Tclap and shockwave are just to long for this kind of a stream of adds.

One thing that may help you here is that you can mostly ignore the little ghost guys, they have next to no health, even in the 25 man version, and your dps will have no problem downing them... Focus your attention as Tank on the elite adds, and when you have them gathered in, grab the ghosts second. You can also see where the adds are going to spawn by watching the spirits come in from the live side. Hope this helps. :) Also, for the guy asking about Gothik always dying on live side, I personally have had the opposite experience, the door always opens for my guild when he is on dead side...

Ravecreatorr
06-23-2009, 02:30 AM
the easiest way atm to do this boss is to keep all people at the living side(left side when you enter), when all those ghost's standing to the gate, get the OT (pally would be best) to the gate, and let him aggro them, Mage and hunter (or any other AoE dps) can bring them down easy when the gates gonna open. When Gothik enters, you can attack him during that whole phase. Keep healers ready though during the first phase, as they do nasty AoE damage to close raid members.

Ravecreatorr
06-23-2009, 02:32 AM
For the most part all of the adds will come to you, have your DPS and heals tank off towards the entrance for live side and you can just AOE them. It won't be quite as fun as in the video (shouldn't be bouncing around the room with this method) but you should never have to chase a mob. For dead side it's pretty much the same except the place where you stack is the very southeast corner of the room near where the exit is. All of the mobs will come straight to that corner to be tanked.

A few notes I want to make besides those, this fight is just after dealing with some of those other riders which needed their buff purged (shammie). Don't waste time attempting to purge the aura off these guys, it doesn't work. (Tho maybe it's just me that slams my 0 key when I see that bony hand icon).

Also I've never had Gothik die on dead side (IE he always goes to live side before the gate opens). Can anyone confirm this because it would give the live side DPS a few more seconds of DPS if they aren't watching that gate.

We killed him and he was on the dead side. Even though it maybe only works if you all stay on the living side, never payed attention to it though.

Gordiggan
06-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Here's a fun strat my guild uses.

EVERYONE starts on live side at the beginning of the encounter. Around phase 8, the gates open up and all the dead side mobs start to funnel in. In 25 man, we use our Warrior (me) to tank the live adds and put a DK and Pally to handle the incoming mobs from the dead side.

They can drop DnD and Consecrate to gather the incoming adds, and we have ranged AOE them almost immediately. The DK and Pally will also need to pay specific attention to mobs that may make it through and taunt them back as soon as possible.

This certainly isn't the safest method as it adds some chaos (and usually some lag), but it is a whole lot of fun :) Also beneficial because ranged can stand in the middle and dps Gothik no matter which side he ports to.

We've done this pretty successfully on 10 and 25 man. This would have been a great achievement for Blizz to add :)

Ravecreatorr
06-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Here's a fun strat my guild uses.

EVERYONE starts on live side at the beginning of the encounter. Around phase 8, the gates open up and all the dead side mobs start to funnel in. In 25 man, we use our Warrior (me) to tank the live adds and put a DK and Pally to handle the incoming mobs from the dead side.

They can drop DnD and Consecrate to gather the incoming adds, and we have ranged AOE them almost immediately. The DK and Pally will also need to pay specific attention to mobs that may make it through and taunt them back as soon as possible.

This certainly isn't the safest method as it adds some chaos (and usually some lag), but it is a whole lot of fun :) Also beneficial because ranged can stand in the middle and dps Gothik no matter which side he ports to.

We've done this pretty successfully on 10 and 25 man. This would have been a great achievement for Blizz to add :)

As i said before :)

Ronninn
08-11-2009, 06:47 AM
This seems like another bugged fight since 3.2. I was in a pug the other day and the dead and live guys where running through the walls to the other side, so one of the 2 sides would get inundated with adds. I wish I could run through walls too.

Stormgard88
08-17-2009, 03:24 AM
This seems like another bugged fight since 3.2. I was in a pug the other day and the dead and live guys where running through the walls to the other side, so one of the 2 sides would get inundated with adds. I wish I could run through walls too.

Tagged for proper usage of the word inundated in a sentence. My hat is off to you sir. On note with the topic, we did this in a PuG with the aforementioned strat of tanking on opposite sides of the curved wall successfully, many thanks for this tip.