PDA

View Full Version : Wotlk PvP Warrior Guide?

Buffms
11-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, I read the PvP guide thats sticked up top that was for Pre-Wotlk but are we working on a new one yet? I'm actually new to warriors in general. I rolled my warrior a week before the expansion but I am 80 now and was looking for some PvP gearing advice. I have the blue blacksmithing set for PvP, you can check my armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Andorhal&n=Buffms)

I'm looking for some advice on enchanting, gearing and my spec for PvP. I'm also looking for some help possibly for PvE gearing and PvE enchants etc because I would also like to raid as arms with my guild.

I've been trying to read thru the forums, and I worked pretty hard to catch up and get ready for Season 5 of arena and raiding with my guild. So if you guys can help me at all I would appreciate it. If I'm not looking at it hard enough and this information is already somewhere if you could just point me in the right direction or tell me I'm an idiot, doesn't much matter to me but the help would be appreciated.

Kazeyonoma
11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
The Comprehensive Guide by Bloodwraith still pertains to basic PvP principles, there isn't a lot that has changed, we just have a few more toys, and a few more talents. I'd still say Arms is one of the best specs, and PvProt is arguably as good as Arms. I'll be rolling pvprot when I ding 80, Bloodyonoma's guide has basic guidelines to follow as well, they haven't really changed unless the other classes really gained some new talents me and BW haven't encountered yet.

I'll try to work on a guide with BW once we both ding 80.

Buffms
11-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I think I'm just looking more towards spec and gear, as well as enchants/gems since those are all different at 80. I'm also trying to find the hit rating cap for PvP for warriors at 80.

Bloodwraith
11-25-2008, 12:45 PM
The majority of my guide still is useful info. The specs and glyphs and stuff I haven't got around to updating to 80 yet since I'm still in the leveling process. Once I hit 80 I'll start working on an update, but I'm just enjoying questing at the moment.

Ukyo
11-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I think hit is sitting around +160 for the cap, though with 135 i barely miss skills (PvProt). Enchant/Gems-wise, i'd say the best enchant you can get for now is Massacre (110 ap) or Greater Savagery for your weapon, and max out with Str/AP enchants, atm they barely make a difference since almost no one on my server is running with res gear (7k Shield Slams on druids ftw :>).

Leaning towards end game, when season 5 starts and archavon starts droping deadly stuff (atm i think it's dropping T7, according to wowhead), your best bet would be Berserking or Executioner, the proc's are around the same as it was back on 70

Buffms
11-25-2008, 06:56 PM
It's also dropping Season 5, I've seen people with S5 gloves on my server already. Wouldn't a titanium weapon chain be the way to go for us now? Since dismantle renders us useless?

Ukyo
11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
dunno, when i get dismantled, i usually use shockwave and run like hell spamming thunder clap (Glyph of TC ftw :>) to keep the rogue in combat. For arms warriors i don't really know what's better, it's been a while since i've been Arms xD

And about that green trinket, you might consider picking up Fezzik's Pocketwatch - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44014)