PDA

View Full Version : Naxxramas Kel'thuzad

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 05:44 PM
This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

nM0NFpmi9X0

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
nM0NFpmi9X0

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
EventideKelThuzad.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=854901@@AMEPARAM@@static.filefront. com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=854901

That's the original encounter for those interested. The high res download option is the original file. Enjoy!

Kazeyonoma
11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
youtube plox!

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
youtube plox!
Done! Getting the high quality version might take a sec. I'll edit it into the main post when it's ready.

//edit: Swapped em since YouTube is working now. Here's the Filefront version.

TankSpot10KelThuzad.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static2.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=854938@@AMEPARAM@@static2.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=854938

Milbu
11-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Good vid, are you doing a full naxx clear of vids like this?

My guild is slow, but I would say in about a mth or so we will hit this place, and as one of the main tanks I like to know whats going on.

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 06:04 PM
The goal is to do all 10-mans as videos, eventually the difficult achievements and 25-mans as well.

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 07:08 PM
YouTube version is up and running. Gothik is coming w/in the next couple hours here.

Xav
11-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Your original Kel'Thuzad video remains one of the nicest wow encounter videos ever imo :P

Ciderhelm
11-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Your original Kel'Thuzad video remains one of the nicest wow encounter videos ever imo :P
That's quite a compliment. Thank you! :o

It brings back a lot of good memories, same with the Thaddius movie.

juggernauth
11-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Wow I was actually thinking about this video this morning and I regretted not having it on my HHD anymore... now I will download it again, because I absolutely loved it when you first released it!

Thanks!

juggernauth
11-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Cider asked if I could post the link here, so there's the video I made of the new 25men version of Kel'thuzad :) :

overload_kelthuzad.avi - FileFront.com

edit : The streaming disappeared for some reason, you'll have to download the video if you want to watch it :/.

Aerowin
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
You have some of the most informational, and most helpful videos, I have seen so far. Keep up the great job man.

I personally have to take the starts a little different being a pally tank but still love how you perform it.

Thank you again!

Warstomper
12-02-2008, 04:23 AM
In the video, you mention there will be 3 beetles up, but (atleast in the 10 man) there are only 2.

Also, maybe it's worth mentioning you don't really need an OT on the beetles in the 10 man version. From our first attempt on, I just slapped some threat on the beetles, and then just continue to DPS on KT.

The only hard thing about tanking the beetles and KT was to avoid shadow fissures. Because the adds slowly grow, it becomes pretty hard to see.. I wiped my raid on 2% on our second ever attempt on the boss this way :P

Voodie
12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I cannot emphasize how much I love these video strats!

Thank you so much for putting these together. The quality of the picture is amazing, the music is great (not at all distracting), and your explanations are spot on. Please keep it up!

Xtremetankin
12-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Just a quick question. Does it matter if your heavy on Melee DPS? Ex. Gettin the OT To respec to DPS, would give me 1 Tank, 3 Heals, 6 DPS. About 4-5 of those would be Melee DPS, would this be a problem? For Kel'thuzad that is.

Haasum
12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Just a quick question regarding one of my favorite abilities to use. I assume you cannot reflect his frost bolts, since there is no mention of it in the video. Am I correct in assuming this?

Razmo
12-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Thnx a lot Ciderhelm.

Thnx to you I was able to raid lead in our 10 man Naxx runs without any problems. I used a boss video in my ventrilo comment which everyone had to watch before the fight. The video's made sure we could one shot almost every boss.

Thnx again and i'm looking forward to the 25-man vids :).

Hiwashi
12-08-2008, 12:41 AM
We did Kel´thuzad this night, we did the same thing in the video but I ( Prot war ) get the 2 adds and Kel´Thuzad at the same thime, on the first try our OT ( Prot Pally ) got ice bomb and he died because is to much dmg with the adds and after it I AoE taunt and we almost killed him, but we lose 3 dps then I died when Kel was around 15%.

Kaganda
12-12-2008, 03:39 PM
We went after KT-25 last night after easily walking over him on the 10 man version the last couple of weeks. We only had time for one attempt, but I expected him to fall over, especially after we had a near flawless (one death) 3rd attempt on Sapph right before. Unfortunately, I forgot about the MC on the 25 man version, which seems to be the only difference between the two.

P.S. Don't bring 10 melee to KT. The chain ice blocks are ugly.

totemall
12-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Thank your your vids they help out so much. I am sure you were asked this alot but what mods are you using I am looking to cut my UI down. Also what are some good suggestions for a Resto shaman mod wise.

Dragonberry
12-22-2008, 12:13 AM
These films are perfect!!
In my guild you either watch them or don't get in the raid. Thanks a ton for everything you do for our WoW addiction.

<3

Alen
12-22-2008, 07:11 AM
hi Ciderhelm i will just like to say thank you for all your hard work u have done for us all. You have helped me soo much. Im the Gm of my guild and the MT and the RL so i have soo much to do with your movies it makes my life much ezyer i can see your film and just tell my guys what to do but most of the time they know what to do after they see your movie. Love your work

Alen

PS: How many healers do u think i need for this right now i have pally,shamy,Preist they are very good and im happy with them is 4healers litil 2much?

Stearns
12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for creating all these videos. We went in and 1 shotted sapp & kt in 10 man last night, and for most of us, (including myself who was tanking) it was our first look at the fights. I have to say they seemd super easy... it took much longer to explain the strats than to kill the boss. But these videos are excellent visual quality, cover all the important points and are very engaging.

Looking forward to killing malygos this week! What a beautiful instance :)

Saelis
12-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey it's me Saelis, just asking you Cider. What addon is that one that fixes up the messyness of your ui. As you can see the black bar, that arranges your chat text, and your bartender? Please reply. Thanks a lot.

Wollie
12-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Hey it's me Saelis, just asking you Cider. What addon is that one that fixes up the messyness of your ui. As you can see the black bar, that arranges your chat text, and your bartender? Please reply. Thanks a lot.

read: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/41095-ciderhelm-ui-information.html (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/../f120/41095-ciderhelm-ui-information.html)

Magicshield!
12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the great vids they are very helpful,

as a side note, it is possible for a DK to survive void zone with magic shield :)

ratbag4
12-29-2008, 07:45 AM
ty tankspot for showing the vids and strats great help to lessen headache from gm's vent... encouragement :)

going to be trying 25man kt soon, as a resto druid elemental or feral tank/dps am i immune from the MC effect? poly seems the most thought of cc for this encounter but will a formed druid be immune to that, needing specific cc types? (banish, hibernate etc)

lol not sure of a reply but tyvm for the vid

Magicshield!
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
^^ in the 25man vid posted later on, you see a oomkin get what looked like hunter trapped, then feared as its "cc"

Fuezjak
12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Dear Ciderhelm,

I enjoyed watching your videos it helped my guild a lot in progressing through Naxx. One question though, what addons did you use during the making of the video's. It would help me a lot. Thanks :)

Cornfed
12-31-2008, 05:29 AM
Thanks for this Vids. My guild jsut started Naxx 10 men
yes casual raiding :)
only sahphiron and this guy left.
Very nicely explained.
props!

ybgarr
01-03-2009, 04:19 AM
hey cider, mind telling the list of songs u used for the 25 man raid song? i know one of em sounds like a batman theme. The first one song dat went there caught my ears.. :D

Crispus
01-18-2009, 10:43 PM
In the 10 man encounter, if your group decides to have the OT tank the Guardians then the healers should be warned that the OT is not immune to Frost Blast and could get stuck in the iceblock while tanking. If not healed through it quickly the OT is going to die releasing a lot of 'clothie pwning madness' on the raid.

TheTaus
01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
I've never seen a thread by ciderhelm where nobody asked that.
Here you have everything, and most of it explained :b
A bit new with teh posting here, but I'll try to link this correctly:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/41095-ciderhelm-ui-information.html

Abigore
01-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Our guild just finished Naxx-10 tonight and the Project Marmot videos helped us out a ton. When someone just didn't "get" the fight, we directed them here and instantly showed progress in the next attempt.

I love how the videos are vocally narrated. It makes it much easier to actually watch what was going on during the encounter while listening to Ciderhelm's advice rather than taking your eyes off of the encounter, reading someones typos hidden behind horrible techno music, and not really getting much out of it.

Very awesome job on the videos and the entire Vae Victus guild on Sisters of Elune thanks you.

JadeRazor
01-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Like most other people here, I really appreciate your videos. I have become the raid leader for my guild and they are very helpful.

We tried KT this past weekend in the 10 man for the first time and had the same issue with the OT getting ice blocked while tanking the adds. Will this happen in the 25 man?

zeruvar
01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
OT can get ice blocked, only KT's main target doesnt get hit by it, which should be you in anycase.

quick question about KT though. if you bring in a heavy melee group (more like full melee dps) how do you work them in with the ice blocks? On our KT kills we've only had about 3-4 melee so we just form a triangle or diamond to prevent ice block chains to the tank. But with 25mans or more melee, how do you guys handle it? from what i've thought so far i have a couple of options:

1) just keep having 3-4 melee on KT with the other dps hanging back and using what ranged dmg then can give (which gimps dps bad especially with the pseudo enrage timer from the adds stacking buff)

2) split the melee groups in 2 and keep them on 2 points of the triangle, hoping for a chain heal/CoH to do enough healing to keep em up from ice blocks.

suggestions please?

Angry Grimace
02-03-2009, 10:22 AM
In the 10 man encounter, if your group decides to have the OT tank the Guardians then the healers should be warned that the OT is not immune to Frost Blast and could get stuck in the iceblock while tanking. If not healed through it quickly the OT is going to die releasing a lot of 'clothie pwning madness' on the raid.

Let me add something I found helpful...I didn't see if it's in the video since I don't have sound here at work; a good precaution against a Frost Blasted Off Tank is to place Vigilance on the off tank; it reduces the damage they take from the Icecrown Guardians and if they spam high threat moves (which they SHOULD be doing), the 10% threat you receive should place you second on the Guardians of Icecrown's hate list in case the OT drops.

If they are soulstoned or you have a druid with a rebirth, the OT can then pick them back up or someone else can safely pick them up without them instagibbing your healers, or the MT can tank both of them along with Kel.

Trojan123
02-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I love the videos, but was wondering what mods you are using as a prot warrior? Thanks

7echno7im
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Here is our KT video with achievement if it helps anyone with timing or positioning.

YouTube - Off Tanking Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas in High Def Definition plus Achievement

Bene
02-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi, I want to thank you these great videos, it helped a lot me and my guild understand how the fights work.

We did all four wings of Naxxramas 10 men, only Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad left, and guildies working on they're frost resist gear for Sapphiron.

I have one question here, (Naxx10) should the entire raid or at least the MT use frost resist gear on Kel'Thuzad? Because he have the multiple target frostbolts and the nasty single target frostbolt. I know that the single target frostbolt can be interrupted, but if his frostbolts can be resisted, frost resist gear can help a lot, am I correct?

Thanks for the reply, and continue the good work!

7echno7im
02-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't think you need any FR gear in any of the encounters. Just have a pally put up Frost Aura and get mark of the wild from a druid. That should be plenty.

bobsknief
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
We whipped many times on Kel,
Almost every time bad luck with the OT getting ice blocked.

Solution for that (10 man):
Make you OT tank the adds where he douse dps to Kel. So that if he gets blocked your MT can instantly taunt them of him. And if you OT survives just make him taunt them back. (if your the MT activate everything you have to reduce damage. just in case. as you’ll be reserving allot of damage)
As an extra precaution if you have a paladin tank o heal. Shield your OT when he gets blocked while tanking the adds.

Averra
02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Has anyone tried the pvp trinkets we used in Hyjal to escape the frost traps. Just curious if this would work.

Senti
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
We almost had a wipe on Kel when the hunter's pet ice blocked both tanks. For this fight make sure all hunters and locks keep their pets back at all times (suppose locks could still use imp). Other than that the most challenging part of the entire fight (on 10 man) should be the beginning with all the adds coming in to attack. Edit- After more testing it seems that hunter pets are ok... rather it's pets like ghouls specifically that cause the problem

Mazzy
02-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Last night I was tanking kel on ouer first kill in Naxx25.
on normal the frostbolts dont hit very hard, but on heroic you want to make sure to kick all of them.
when Shieldbash was on cooldown I tryed to use CB, shockwave and heroic throw and it worked. or at least it looked like it was working. but I dont know if it was the rogue that was getting better at kicking.

Do concussion blow, shockwave and heroic throw(Gag Order) work as a interrup on the frostbolts?
or was it the rogue.

Muffin Man
02-17-2009, 05:44 PM
I got a question on the MC he does on heroic. Is it on a timer? We had problems throttling back whenever he dropped aggro (first few attempts the problem was some people didn't know he dropped aggro, but that should be fixed now).

dlw2107
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with these videos? Neither of the youtubes will work (both say they are no longer availible), and the filefront wont load. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just my computer hating me? :)

Restoshamy08
03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
How many dps on the anub-like adds?

Takeshi
03-03-2009, 03:29 AM
No Dps should be on the Phase two adds at all. Concentrate on getting the Kel Thuzad down.

They'll despawn after he's down.

Akeber
03-03-2009, 07:10 AM
We almost had a wipe on Kel when the hunter's pet ice blocked both tanks. For this fight make sure all hunters and locks keep their pets back at all times (suppose locks could still use imp). Other than that the most challenging part of the entire fight (on 10 man) should be the beginning with all the adds coming in to attack.

I've never seen a pet ice blocked. They are not valid targets for that ability, and can't chain it either. Keeping pets off the boss for no reason is a loss of DPS.

The only worry about pets on this fight is during phase one, when there is a danger of pulling extra mobs.

Kaad
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM
I got a question on the MC he does on heroic. Is it on a timer? We had problems throttling back whenever he dropped aggro (first few attempts the problem was some people didn't know he dropped aggro, but that should be fixed now).
first one seems to be on a timer, no idea after that.

Senti
03-04-2009, 04:38 AM
I've never seen a pet ice blocked. They are not valid targets for that ability, and can't chain it either. Keeping pets off the boss for no reason is a loss of DPS.

The only worry about pets on this fight is during phase one, when there is a danger of pulling extra mobs.

I've actually got more updated info on that, seems that ghouls can be ice blocked or at the very least link the ice blocks. If I could get some cooberation on that it would be great as I'm going off my observations and what a few of my guildies have told me.

Zuqi
03-04-2009, 11:09 AM
What addons u have ?? cos I see its not normaly action bar :) can u tell me ?

Zuqi
03-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Please can u tell me, whats addon's u use ?? COs that's Action Bar wasnt Blizardish :) Plx tell me fast :) TY

Banx
03-17-2009, 10:00 PM
"Cider does a great job, read more at Tankspot.com.
However, he forgets to mention, or maybe he hadn't encountered it yet. The off-tanks on the adds can (and will) be IceBlocked while tanking the adds. We handled this problem by assigning a pally healer dedicated to healing just the OT to compensate for the Iceblock. It worked well, and we were happy rolling around in our epic loot.
Best of luck!" I just posted this on youtube for those curious.

As everyone else has mentioned, my guild and myself owe a lot to Project Marmot, Cider, and Tankspot.

I don't mean for this to be a "bash post", but it was an issue that kept wiping the raid and you didn't mention it in the video.

Also, I believe pallies and mages can bubble/iceblock out of the iceblock (eh, kind of ironic).

One last hard lesson learned, the heals to those in iceblocks MUST BE STRAIGHT SINGLE TARGET HEALS. HoTs will not work, or at least they proved not to work when we downed him last. Silly druid kept throwing rejuvination on the targets thinking that it would work.... it didn't.

So those are some lessons I've learned. Hope it helps. Besides that, fantastic video, fantastic project, couldn't/wouldn't have been able to even step foot into Naxx without this site and its contributors.

Keep up the good work :D

Banx
03-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Please can u tell me, whats addon's u use ?? COs that's Action Bar wasnt Blizardish :) Plx tell me fast :) TY

All of his addons can be found under the Forums section :)

Salvior
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey, has anyone noticed Kel'Thuzad using a new ability? I'm not sure how or what happened, but last night I was main tanking him in the middle and on two occasions during the encounter he flung me across the room, once to be back and to the left, and the other time I was thrown through him and behind our Melee dps. Recovered rather quickly from both but it's still puzzling because I can't find any information on the 10, 25, or 40 man encounters of him throwing the top aggro. It only happened to me as well, at about 84% and the next was 32%. Any ideas?

Argamasilla
03-19-2009, 03:19 PM
More likely a MC player did a knock-back on you.

Salvior
03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
It was only 10 man though, if I understand correctly he only MC's on 25man?

Molohk
03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
It was only 10 man though, if I understand correctly he only MC's on 25man?
Correct.

Argamasilla
03-19-2009, 05:21 PM
You are correct, he does not MC on 10 man. No clue what happened to you then as I've never experienced this while tanking him, I haven't been knocked back from an MC player either, but in theory it could happen. :)

nyuushin
04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
It must of been a banshee left up. They knock melee really far back.

Leeroi
04-03-2009, 08:49 AM
2 Questions:

(1) When positioning KT, I seem to have a hard time getting him smack in the middle of the circle. I can get him pretty close, but when I try to "fine tune" his position, he ignores most of my movement (doesn't move with me) and I end up just living with it because I can't be screwing around out of place and causing an ice-block induced wipe. Do I just need to move faster and get him in place sooner (i.e. before he starts casting random spells)? Is there is trick? Is it just a matter of making sure I am in the exact right spot when he first enters?

(2) Related to this is the notion that KT doesn't seem to move any once he starts his serious casting. If the MT gets the red ring of death, can I move straight back and not move KT? The current strat is for the MT to move left or right and have the melee DPS rotate with him, but to be honest, we seem to have a hard time getting that pulled off successfully - one of the DPSers ends up too close causing multiple ice blocks. Having me as the MT move straight back keeps everyone else in place. I have a huge aggro lead (30% or more from #2) so spending 5 seconds out of range would not be a problem in terms of aggro.

Another thought is for the MT to always move to the right and have the melee DPS at the 3:00 position simply move backwards, leaving the other two melee DPS in place to keep up their hurt on KT. Yes, the one melee DPS is taken out of the fight, but only for a few seconds until the red ring disappears and we don't have a lot of confusion on movement.

Our raid schedule is such that by the time we get to KT, everyone is past 12:00 midnight so, yes, we do get a little stupid from sleep deprivation....

Thoughts/advice please?

corpseriser
04-09-2009, 04:14 PM
This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more! (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/36281-tankspot-donation-information.html#1)

nM0NFpmi9X0

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
nM0NFpmi9X0

heya:)
this might have been posted before but i didnt find it but you said something about doing the 10 man KT with 1 tank? is it realy doable with the champions?? i did have to take the 3 of them once tho caus the MT died from the shadow thingy's (-_-),witch kinda worked for a while but then wiped at 350k:/ caus healer did the same some how we got some probs in our guild getting kel. only tried one night tho. i hope we kill him soon. thnx for making this wonderfull website btw :) gz on ur work here:)
friendly regards corpseriser.

corpseriser
04-09-2009, 04:17 PM
You are correct, he does not MC on 10 man. No clue what happened to you then as I've never experienced this while tanking him, I haven't been knocked back from an MC player either, but in theory it could happen. :)

aye should be the banshee's they knock you back pretty far:/

Dubzil
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Solo tank KT 10 is the safest way to go, there's no iceblocks on the OT while getting smashed by adds. might need a hunter to help you pick them up, but once you have them keep tossing demo shout and tclap to keep your incoming damage minimal, healers should be able to heal ya through it.

Pharlon
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Solo tank KT 10 is the safest way to go, there's no iceblocks on the OT while getting smashed by adds. might need a hunter to help you pick them up, but once you have them keep tossing demo shout and tclap to keep your incoming damage minimal, healers should be able to heal ya through it.

Same here, we had an OT on KT 10 man, i went there just to help guildies, ended up tanking the adds all the way.

Though i have full 25 man gear, i dont see a problem with this in 10 man gear.

debus
04-14-2009, 07:11 AM
2 Questions:

(1) When positioning KT, I seem to have a hard time getting him smack in the middle of the circle. I can get him pretty close, but when I try to "fine tune" his position, he ignores most of my movement (doesn't move with me) and I end up just living with it because I can't be screwing around out of place and causing an ice-block induced wipe. Do I just need to move faster and get him in place sooner (i.e. before he starts casting random spells)? Is there is trick? Is it just a matter of making sure I am in the exact right spot when he first enters?

(2) Related to this is the notion that KT doesn't seem to move any once he starts his serious casting. If the MT gets the red ring of death, can I move straight back and not move KT? The current strat is for the MT to move left or right and have the melee DPS rotate with him, but to be honest, we seem to have a hard time getting that pulled off successfully - one of the DPSers ends up too close causing multiple ice blocks. Having me as the MT move straight back keeps everyone else in place. I have a huge aggro lead (30% or more from #2) so spending 5 seconds out of range would not be a problem in terms of aggro.

Another thought is for the MT to always move to the right and have the melee DPS at the 3:00 position simply move backwards, leaving the other two melee DPS in place to keep up their hurt on KT. Yes, the one melee DPS is taken out of the fight, but only for a few seconds until the red ring disappears and we don't have a lot of confusion on movement.

Our raid schedule is such that by the time we get to KT, everyone is past 12:00 midnight so, yes, we do get a little stupid from sleep deprivation....

Thoughts/advice please?

1) Kite him slowly across the circle and have the raid hold up dps for a few seconds until you get him into position. Then he won't dance all over. If he gets positioned funny, don't try to much to fix him, will just cause more problems and impatient dps will make it worse. In pugs I don't usually try to center him, it's like pulling teeth getting melee to back off until you can position him.

2) The void zones, I usually just strafe right, not arc though, and get in the range of melee for a couple seconds, then strafe back as soon as they are finished. Never been caught by an ice block yet during the void strafe. *knock on wood*

I've noticed with good groups, melee will rotate or take a step back if tank catches a void.

If interrupts are happening like they should and you strafe straight back, KT will probably follow you.

I have a question, how do other tanks handle the threat drop after a MC, I taunt, but sometimes I'm slow and he walks a few steps, is there a better method and is there anything he does before a MC to give you a warning the MC is coming?

Pharlon
04-15-2009, 02:15 AM
I have a question, how do other tanks handle the threat drop after a MC, I taunt, but sometimes I'm slow and he walks a few steps, is there a better method and is there anything he does before a MC to give you a warning the MC is coming?

Well I just watch his target all the time and taunt as fast as i can when he targets someone else too long, so same as u i guess.

The spell he casts for the Mind control is called chains of kel thuzad.

BUT HERE IS A GOOD TIP!!!

3.1 is here ;), and they were gonna remove the aggro reset from chains ....
Still need to confirm this for sure though.

blackchief
04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Which addons are you using to make the combat text go around your character and the action bar one that your using?

Atlandor
05-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Hello I was wondering if I could get the name of the addon in the 10 man KT Raid video that shows the Raids Unit Frames in the top left of the Video? I have tried Xperl I believe it is called but my CPU and Monitor do not handle it to well. I have also tried Grid but I dont like how small each players icon is. If someone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. :D

Loonytoon
06-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Just a quick note for healers in this fight... I use healbot. one thing ive found really gr8 for this fight is going into healbot's cure tab and setting a custom cure for "Frost Blast" i hav mine to go bright pink lol but whatever works for u =Þ. Anyway to state the obvious, wat this does is cut out alot of the time spent working out who to heal meaning less deaths to the Iceblock :D (i also have DMB giving me a klaxon and the ever annoying "HEAL NOW!" but ive found that between the klaxon shattering my concentration and having to pick out the writing saying whos being hit, and then working out which bar that corresponds to, i was all too often too late :( since I twigged how to use this tiny tweak to healbot i dont recall a single death to that iceblock on my watch :D hooray!) on a side note I found that HOTs didnt do much worth noting so my tactic is to spam nourish on the target. just thought id mention that as i spotted a few posts bout it below :) hope all that helps any frustrated healers out there! :D btw I just wanna say thx for all the tankspot videos :D they r awesome <3 much respect to u all

snowyday
06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
can the people that kt mc's be mc'ed?

Delioncourt
06-25-2009, 05:21 AM
As a new tank (4 months old only) Tankspot has helped me be a better tank.

Anyway I know most of the people here have completed Naxx already so please enlighten me because our guild has wiped several times on KT.

Solo tank KT 10 is the safest way to go

1) how many healers would you need to keep 1 tank alive with the 2 Guardians and KT on him?

2) KT's MT does not get iceblocked but can he get iceblocked by proximity from other iceblocks?

3)is the iceblock the same as the iceblock from UK 1st boss, wherein you lose health while iceblocked?

Thanks for all your input.

Rialév
06-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Yes, it is similar to UK's iceblock, but this one will kill you if you do not recieve heals. It will do 26 percent of your health in damage every second for 4 seconds.

a small amount of healing will save you from it, generally a holy shock, or even a priest bubble will negate dying from it.

2 healing can be done on KT, it's generally how my guild did it, it's a little stressful at first, but depending on your tanks gear, he should be able to handle the guardians and KT. Just be sure that he's watching for the circles of death, they get pretty hard to see once the adds have been out for a while.

the proximity of the iceblock is 10 yards, anyone within 10 yards of the primary target will also be iceblocked.

fredzik
06-30-2009, 03:23 AM
Hey,
can some1 tell me what is the addn used by MT in the movie, showing a warrior when he can use revenge and gets free slam? i got many of them but the one used here shows it best way ive seen.

Katzie
07-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi, first off; thanks for the vid's, they are the main reason my guild now is farming naxx =)

also, im wondering if u could post the 40 man encounter on youtube, can't get filefront to work =/

thanks in advance =D