PDA

View Full Version : So i have finally seen why charge stun sucks...

demoniclizard
11-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Being that charge is part of the diminishing returns, it really screws up the effectiveness in opening with a shield slam/concussion blow, and I almost want to hesitate using my cb/shockwave on opponents after just charging them and save it for another target...

Does anyone have any good strategies for adapting to these lame mechanics?

If I see an opportunity I will usually target another player next to the person I want to kill, or the persons pet, and then switch to my real target for some stuns but thats pretty situational...

Sippin
12-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Cry on the forums till blizzard fixes it? :(

Not much we can do, 15 seconds DR is too much to not use shockwave

Dagmarr
12-01-2008, 02:34 PM
It's 15 seconds DR? I thought it was 10... no wonder some of my stuns are so short after 11 or 12 seconds

Muffin Man
12-02-2008, 03:18 AM
What really sucks is the stun is there to hold the target in place while we cover the distance. Rarely do we actually end up at a target that's stunned.

Of course with lag and charge's shoddy targetting, we can end up 5 yards short of our target because the stun didn't get applied before our charge course was plotted.

Sometimes I wish they had made it like the Rogue's shadow step, where you just appear at the target. At least I don't hear rogues complaining about lag ruining that ability (I could be wrong). That would also help with the DR problem.

CyCy
12-02-2008, 04:29 AM
In pulls using charge. I usually use it to ster the mobs...I have healer pop PoM charge and turn the mob the rest of the mob to where I want them when the rest gets to me I TC and back them into a cone for SW and that's my signal for DPS to have at it.

Then stun is really a bonus holding it in place til I get there. I wouldn't trade the ability to charge in combat now to any stun no matter how long it lasts.

Dagmarr
12-02-2008, 01:44 PM
They could add a (minor) glyph to allow the removal of the stun for something else. +5 or +10 initial rage would be outstanding I think.

Chisgule
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
They could add a (minor) glyph to allow the removal of the stun for something else. +5 or +10 initial rage would be outstanding I think.

Please post this in an official blizzard forum.

Dagmarr
12-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Please post this in an official blizzard forum.

Ok

Here it is if anyone wants to comment.
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Glyph of Charge suggestion (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=13129080503&sid=1)