PDA

View Full Version : How's my prot build armor?

psychocrasha
11-19-2008, 09:44 AM
how's my armory as prot tank?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&n=Psychocrasha)

there are some pieces I want to upgrade such as the waist/wrist etc.
my concern right now is defense. It is at 438...is it normal for my current level? And how much defense do you gain per level? What should my defense now at 73?

I mainly choose gears that have higher stamina...sometimes that means i have to sacrifice strength and agility (I still get some of that with stamina gears though)

Optimoos
11-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about your gear until you're at 80 and collecting tank gear from level 80 normal instances and heroics. As you level, the defense rating on your current gear will provide less and less to your defense skill as the conversion factor changes with higher levels. You're doing the right thing, picking str/stam gear with defense as your primary statistics. Agility has been practically eliminated as a desirable stat for protection warriors, the only other major stat you're likely looking to pick up is block value.

Again, don't worry too much until you're 80.

psychocrasha
11-19-2008, 09:55 AM
That sounds good
I have been doing ok tanking current instances. Does defense matter much for regular non heroic instances?

Optimoos
11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Defense always "matters" in that it is the difference between getting crit or not. However, if you have enough stamina and/or a good enough healer to keep you going through those crits, then it becomes a non issue.

For the most part, non-heroic dungeons should not pose a giant threat if you are not crit immune.