PDA

View Full Version : Look at me! I switched to Protection!

volkof
11-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Well, I've been playing for four months now with a wonderfull warrior. I used the fury spec,purely for leveling and reached lvl 70 just a week or two before the new expansion came out. I didn't get much epic items and stuff for my fury warrior, cause the time to do this was limited (did get two khorium champions and Titans grip.. did pretty god damage)..

But I got bored with fury.. Have to admit, Wielding two two-handers looks pretty cool, but I found my part in dungeons a bit on the boring side..

So, I decided to swithc to protection.. just to give it a go! What a fun build this is! Dps is nice.. funny attacks (devastate is really cool)..

So, I needed some gear!

Got the enitere Cobalt set for starters.. But is this set good enough? Cause I want to tank in instances..What are the best items to get around lvl71?

Any other handy tips for me?

Thnxs a lot!

calizon
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I have experienced first hand an undergeared tank. I think for UK you need 13k HP for nexus you need 14k but i think the biggest deal is uncrittable so 490+ def. I trined to run UK and nexus with an udergeared tank on my warlock with no success and a very good healer.

Ishate
11-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Its not 490 defense for uncrittable in normal instances unless the mob is three levels above you. Which it shouldnt be. Atleast 5%+ critt chance reduction would be a good goal as well as keeping HP high enough.

Loon
11-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I have experienced first hand an undergeared tank. I think for UK you need 13k HP for nexus you need 14k but i think the biggest deal is uncrittable so 490+ def. I trined to run UK and nexus with an udergeared tank on my warlock with no success and a very good healer.

Blasted through UK in fury gear and shield, took us like 18 mins or so, and have like 10k hp in that gear setup (as lvl 70). :rolleyes:

Tryed the same in Nexus, turned out to be a bad idea, got killed by those dragons at the entrance. our healer werent prepared for me lacking avoidance vs a hard hitting mob. :eek:

but to answer the OP: the Cobalt set is low on avoidance, just lots of str/sta/def, so try and get some avoidance from other items while keeping yourself at a decent def lvl.

volkof
11-22-2008, 03:22 AM
Thnxs for the replies! Got the cobalt set, but already have some upgrades.. Tanked the Nexus and it went pretty good! had lots of fun!

grt
Volk!