PDA

View Full Version : Rate this spec please?

Valazar
11-17-2008, 07:06 AM
What do you guys think about this for an 80 Prot tank?

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM00bZhhZmItrx0zidIzsGo)

Thanks for the input

-V-

Paruhdox
11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I would like to know what your intentions are as far as content... personally i think for tanking i would much rather have the points Gag Order in Puncture.

Thats my 2 cents I have not played my warrior in some time but i do know that for tanking devestate was huge and having puncture and focused rage gave me alot of extra rage to use on other abilities ie. Heroic strike.

DirtyChef
11-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I would get rid of charge and put it in Tactical Mastery seeing as how you will need to change from D stance to B stance

DirtyChef

Ghreystar
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
looks very solid to me. no point in tactical mastery with warbringer (which is an AWESOME talent). overall, i like that spec and is pretty much what i will be tanking with. ive been using a spec similiar to this since 3.0 and never had any problems. with the right glyphs and SB procs, you wont have any rage problems either, so its ok to drop puncture. that may come into play if you are over-geared for your instance, but i was MT for BT/Sunwell and was far from rage-starved... i almost couldnt get rid of it fast enough.

haldor
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I am also considering a very similar build:
MT 12/8/51 Build (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM00bZhxZcItrx0zibIzsGo)

The only differences being that I did not opt for Vigilance as threat seems to be of little concern(at least right now), and I took a point out of Shield Spec. so that I could max out Cruelty. Spec'ing all the way into Impale in the arms tree I want to get as much crit as I possibly can through talents without sacrificing key tanking stats, and I think this might be the way to go.

Grakkur
11-21-2008, 02:34 AM
I would like to know what your intentions are as far as content... personally i think for tanking i would much rather have the points Gag Order in Puncture.

Thats my 2 cents I have not played my warrior in some time but i do know that for tanking devestate was huge and having puncture and focused rage gave me alot of extra rage to use on other abilities ie. Heroic strike.

Devastate holds a much smaller place in conventional warrior tanking now. While I do not hold any numbers to back up this claim, I reckon gag order is alot more useful than puncture simply because of an increased damage output on shield slam (a main ability now) and the silence on shield bash is very useful in heroics, soloing and in PvP.

Puncture is alot less important now.

I would get rid of charge and put it in Tactical Mastery seeing as how you will need to change from D stance to B stance

DirtyChef

Why would a tank want to switch stances? Mocking blow works in all stances. Berserker rage also works in all stances.

Tactical mastery is obsolete for a tank.

Original Poster:

I'd say your first spec looks pretty solid. You could actually stand to lose two points in cruelty and move them to shield specialization if you need a slight bit more mitigation. I recommend using points from cruelty if you want to try out vigilance or any other combinations.

You also have to ask yourself a question: If threat is not an issue, why spend points in cruelty? Why not spend them on more mitigation?

Valazar
11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
This is the final 80 spec im going to try.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM00fZhbZVIdrx0zidIzsGo)

At first ill try it with a slow tank weap, maybe 2.6 then with the hammer i have now thats 1.6. I belive that Deep wounds is going to be usefull for a tank now :) also i would take those 2 pts out of cruelty and spend them in Imp Spell reflect just to step into some arena matches or bgs hehe but not sure. ALl i know is that I love my warrior now more than ever and based on my tanking experience so far I am not having threat issues w any dps yet ! That may change tho hehe.

Thanks for the input guys !

haldor
12-01-2008, 06:19 AM
I would strongly recommend putting 5/5 points into anticipation, and taking those points of out deeps wounds. After running Naxx, Archavion, and Sartharion, I can agree with the above poster when I say that threat will not be a concern, at all. Fights like Patchwerk require you to have every last amount of mitigation and avoidance possible in order to do well.

I would recommend and am currently using this spec myself:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM00bZhZVItrg0zidIzsGo)