PDA

View Full Version : First Post, from a part-time tank

Xeenos
11-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Hello all :)

I say that I'm a part-time tank because for the past few months I've been focused on my Disc priest. Last night I was invited to a ZA run to heal but I was already saved. A few Kara runs from a while back had given my warrior decent enough gear/stats (especially with the recent nerf) so off I went to bang that gong...

My warrior was my first toon, and I've read and experimented a lot with my gear and stats. I had planned on attempting a 'balanced' approach to gearing, gemming and enchanting to bring avoidance and other stats up along with my HP.

I tend to shy away from cookie-cutter builds and follow my gut a lot. But HP is always the second thing I am asked after it's established I'm def capped. I've read the EH posts and understand enough of the theory and mechanics behind it to realize it's merit. And now with the talk of diminishing returns on avoidance....

Should I just regem and reenchant and stack stamina (and maybe some hit/expertise)?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Xeenos)

Cheers,
Xee

Ceravantes
11-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Gemming for stamina is generally always a good idea. If you are not gemming stamina though, go for strength or hit, drop those dodge gems for sure, and the crit/stam in your gun. Most of the set bouses youa re going for are not worth it either. With Wrath coming out you are going to be better off waiting and regemming witht he new gems.