PDA

View Full Version : Nihilum and SK Gaming Join Forces

Bloodwraith
11-11-2008, 12:28 PM
soon.. (http://www.twentyfifthnovember.com/)

We are proud to announce the forming of a new force in World of Warcraft. Many of you will remember the guilds Nihilum and SK Gaming(Curse) from the past years, we have now decided to combine our strengths to create the number one team for Wrath of the Lich King and beyond. We have spent a considerable amount of time forging the greatest roster ever assembled in this game and we are now ready to take on anything that is released. To support this roster we have finally found an appropriately motivated team to back us and help us reach our full potential. Together we aim to deliver a much more professional and WoW tailored experience to the community than anything else that has been done in the past.

At this point we are just offering a taste of what's to come. As the name suggests we are going to be doing our full launch on the 25th of November under a new brand but we wanted to let the community know that we are combining our efforts prior to this launch. So what is coming on the 25th? We are going to launch a new portal that's built around the guild with the goal of being one of the best World of Warcraft community sites. So watch this space until the 25th. You will find us leveling up on Magtheridon and striving for world firsts in the new wave of content.

Thomas "Kungen" Bengtsson - Guild Master
Philip "Mek" Curry - Guild Master
Markus "Mackzter" Dahlgren - Guild Master
Mark "Nessaj" Laursen - Community Manager

Ashyn
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Very cool news

Ciderhelm
11-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure I'd want to boast about how successful a guild was going to be before taking on an inherently risk venture.

Ashyn
11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sure they can back it up, considering the sources.

Darksend
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
i hope you smoke these guys xav

bludwork
11-11-2008, 12:43 PM
The scoop is that about a month ago SK gaming dumped their pve department because well no new races mean no new attention and are now focused completely on PvP (as if anyone knew them before their huge pve victory).

I'm guessing Curse, with no where to go decided to integrate with nihilum who wouldn't want to pass up on any of the best players the game has to offer. As for how long it lasts well only time will tell :)

Stearns
11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Awesome guys good luck to you all!

Levelling on mags??? Ahhh, the sacrifices you have to make for world firsts.

Krashtork
11-11-2008, 03:56 PM
no new races mean no new attention

Huh? I don't get it

Kazeyonoma
11-11-2008, 03:59 PM
end world races he means, because after Kiljaeden got dropped, it was basically several months before wotlk would be released so there is no progression race anymore.

Krenian
11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
They were always overrated imo. When you're pretty much dedicating and getting sponsors for you get you somewhere in the game? Oy.

I hope some guild that gets no sponsor absolutely SMOKES them with every kill. I hate people who get paid to play a game. what's the damn point.

Saturday
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Wasn't SK Gaming built off of a few members of Nihilum in the first place?

I hate people who get paid to play a game. what's the damn point.

I'd totally go for getting paid to play this game, it's a lot more interesting than my actual job ;D

Warwench
11-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Good luck to them i say.

They arent doing anything many other people could do given that same set of circumstances though.

Bloodwraith
11-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Well they weren't joking around:

We are proud to declare that all WOTLK PVE raid content has now been cleared. This is both a moment of triumph and a cause for concern. The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculate in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?

Malygos down…

Their site has all the pics and info:

http://twentyfifthnovember.com/

Bloodwraith
11-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Well they weren't joking around:

We are proud to declare that all WOTLK PVE raid content has now been cleared. This is both a moment of triumph and a cause for concern. The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculate in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?

Malygos down…

Their site has all the pics and info:

soon.. (http://twentyfifthnovember.com/)

Edgar
11-15-2008, 12:19 PM
I hope some guild that gets no sponsor absolutely SMOKES them with every kill. I hate people who get paid to play a game. what's the damn point.

No one in the actual raiding guild is being paid. They're not signed to a contract with SK Gaming and not even listed as an actual SK Gaming team. All the players are in a user-group named CURSE.

The only person in SK Gaming that is associated with the raiding and the arena teams is Sebastian Selin aka gosey. He "manages" both PvE and PvP parts of SK Gaming, making sure that the arena teams gets to events etc., he also plays but not in the SK guild. Also he just happened to become WoW manager because he plays, before that he was an author for articles on sk-gaming.com.

How much the raiding guild actually is into sponsoring is not known but I think it is less than the arena teams which actually show presence at tournaments etc.

Warwench
11-15-2008, 12:22 PM
*this is my finger going round in a big circle*

Whoopdy do.

Tobius
11-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I hate people who get paid to play a game. what's the damn point.

I don't understand this.

Getting paid to do something you enjoy? Sounds like a winner to me. Good luck to anyone who manages to pull it off :)

Lilie
11-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Wrath PVE content cleared by this guild in under 70 hours.

Link (http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=26633.0)

Bloodwraith
11-24-2008, 04:46 PM
They've decided on the name <Ensidia>

Ensidia» Blog Archive » Today we are proud to declare our official guild name to be Ensidia. (http://www.ensidia.com/?p=1)

Today we are proud to declare our official guild name to be Ensidia.

Ensidia is a joint effort by members of two of the top guilds in World of Warcraft, with the support and endorsement of a private entity based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Our guilds have made being at the forefront of PVE progression our modus operandi since the first installment of this game and, as Ensidia, we will continue to do so.

In addition, within the week, we will launch a guild web portal that will:

Be the hub for our guild members and likeminded folk.
Provide for the sizable hardcore/moderate population in our community.
Evolve to fit the complex tastes and needs of the WoW community in general.
Check back here over the next few days.

They said that on the 13th of November our definition of epic will be shattered.

True. On the 15th of November it lay at our feet, broken.

Malygos the Spellweaver, guardian of magic in all Azeroth, said to possess power rivaling that of a demigod, was taken down in gear obtained at level 70. Sartharion and Naxx were cleared with a group of 20 people at its first half - the type of thing that would happen when guilds did Onyxia for kicks, back in vanilla.

If this trend persists it could be the Fail of the Lich King.

We are going head to head with Arthas. We all know the lore and we all know how epic this is, how epic this should be. And yet something doesn’t sit right with the fact that any guild dedicating enough time could clear launch content within a few weeks to a month. You don’t have to be ‘hardcore’ to realize this is bad.

I think we need to get the word “casual” out of this conversation. You could raid for one night a week and if you had good players, you could get most of the way through BC content.
What we are really talking about here is that Blizzard may be tuning the game to the BAD players. You know the people who stand in the fire? Hardcore raiders may be a minority, but (hopefully) BAD players are a minority too - and aiming the game at them hurts the majority of players far more than catering to the Hardcore.
The joy of this game comes in overcoming challenges with friends. Some of my best memories are of the first few times we tried doing heroics - we wiped a lot but had HEAPS of fun. I have very few good memories of flying through Kara in 1hr - it was just………..meh.
There needs to be a wide range of difficulties with the content in the game and that means that BAD players will not get to see some of it and I am comfortable with that.
Casual players need to be encouraged and be given the ability to attempt harder content (10 man versions of the 25man raids really helps with this), but BAD players should not be able to beat Sunwell. If they can, then the game is going to go downhill fast.

Rarebeast of Equilibrium (Spirestone-US)

We could speculate that perhaps the Achievement System is the true hardcore element in the game while the bosses themselves remain fairly manageable. If so then the gravity of defeating any of these towering figures in Warcraft lore will be greatly diminished. You’d think that in an RPG this would matter. What we’re ending up with is fundamentally a step above an arcade game.

Both casual and hardcore alike need to be concerned if the game is being dumbed-down. We’ve already seen how the change to down-ranking will reduce the skill cap in PvP. It is a gamer’s nature to revel in challenge and we dare anyone to say otherwise. Do not forget there are countless skilled and dedicated guilds out there with a semi-hardcore to moderate raiding schedule that, like us, raid for the sense of achievement. Experience the music and the beautiful design all you want but the fact of the matter is content is what has kept you all coming back since 2004.

Indeed Blizzard said the initial content will be easy. But how easy should it be? We need to ask ourselves if this is the route we want WoW to take. Everyone in the community owes it to themselves and Blizzard to put this game to the test and ask the right questions. Only then can we help them elevate the MMORPG gaming experience to its next level.

Much has been said so far but we hold off judgment till 3.1

IRC: #Ensidia at QuakeNet

P.s We are in no way affiliated with “Ensidia Productions LLC (USA). Essentials Tech Ltd. (United Kingdom). Global Energy Technologies Ltd. (Dubai).”

Warwench
11-24-2008, 04:53 PM
they should just quit already. it's obvious WoW is not heading a direction they like.

does anyone else read that crap and just shake your head and think "morons" ?

Noraxe
11-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Im guessing all the Nihilum Fan Club members will be starting up Ensidia Fan Club on the server now then. Hopefully they dont get to dalaran with those level 1 characters :P

Ciderhelm
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I'd agree that Achievements are a good part of what will make the game "hardcore;" I disagree that it's a bad thing.

mavfin
11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
I'd agree that Achievements are a good part of what will make the game "hardcore;" I disagree that it's a bad thing.

Agreed on both points. It's just more signs that Blizzard understands that this game is also a business, and they have a better understanding of what kind of player pays their bills. I think it's fine that the ultra-hardcore have already cleared the *introductory* raiding content. Fine, they can go play something else now, and take their egos with them.

Darksend
11-25-2008, 09:02 AM
they should just quit already. it's obvious WoW is not heading a direction they like.

i read that and agree 100% with it

Kazeyonoma
11-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Agreed, i hate how because THEY were the elite and spent copious hours preparing, grinding to 80, having every gear piece they needed mapped out, and basically knew every single boss encounter, and then try to shrug it off like anybody could do it.

"If a group of people could devote enough time to do this in 1 week" Oh give me a break, you aren't devoting enough time, you guys are devoting more time than any regular human being with a job and family would do. THAT is what makes them morons -_-'

Rek
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
"Experience the music and the beautiful design all you want but the fact of the matter is content is what has kept you all coming back since 2004."

Incorrect, for damn near everyone I know in game.

It's not a game designed around the top of the instance raiding bell curve, but rather it's a game designed around the middle of the bell curve. Why? It's a product and subscription service that's the foundation of a business model that maximizes revenue by appealing to the masses, and retaining them for long durations of time.

Plaguedmind
11-25-2008, 09:33 AM

I have to agree with this. They killed the content, the killed thier own experiance. I am a "Casual" and probabaly will not see the content they cleared, EVER. I bet my time in wow is way more fun than thiers. To each thier own tho.

Getting paid to play wow would be ok till "Dude you stood in the fire. Your fired. ./gkick" I can't imagine how to put that in my resume`

Bloodwraith
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I think they need to realize that giving casuals a little break is what Blizzard is bound to do. They won't design crazy encounters and other things just for a tiny percent of the WoW population to be challenged. They are a minority not casuals. "Blizzard is a company not a charity" is what someone commented on there :p

Edgar
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
I love how on MMO-Champion people went berzerk because they thought that Ensidia is bought by some rich guy in Dubai because of the company named at the bottom of their post. Without any evidence people were like "Bunch of sell-outs", "I lost all my respect for Kungen and his people" or "WoW PvE is owned by a guy in Dubai, what a sad day".

So funny.

As for Ensidia. Yeah well, not that great of a name to me. Don't care much for them. What they do does in no way interfere with my gaming. Let them whine, let them bitch about content, I'm not the elitist 1st-down hunter they are, I like the content.

Klimpen
11-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Even if "WoW PvE is owned by a guy in Dubai," what's the problem? How is that any worse than Mousports, or whatever their old sponsor was?

rustyboy
11-25-2008, 05:56 PM
The best thing about WoW is that you can do it at what ever pace you want. Uber hard core to social, there really is no need to bash people around because their focus is end game content. I am sure they have a different of opinion when it comes to how others play the game. Please note these guilds are full of young people who have huge amounts of time on their hands and they demand only 100% commitment. They are not paid to play but I am sure there are some perks, they play for the recognition of being the best in the world.

Ownership... "Morons".... "Sell-Outs"... Killed the experience... whatever that's how they want to play and you can play the way you want to. Your opinion on how you feel the game should be played is yours and yours only.

Kazeyonoma
11-25-2008, 06:05 PM
rusty, the difference is that they are complaining that Blizz ruined the game by making the game more reachable by the larger population. We are merely defending the people they are attacking by blaming Blizz.

Yes they probably do somewhat enjoy the game, and to some extent it is extreme, does that mean they need to bash the game creator for making a game more likeable by the majority of players? No.

And yes they do get paid to play, it's how sponsorships work, they get paid in some way or form, whether it be state of the art computers, free clothing, or whatever, it's a payment. Monetary compensation is not the only format of paying.

Liongale
11-26-2008, 04:21 AM
At first I was baffled to why there was a lot of hate towards them, but after seeing their site and reading their posts, it seems a bit... justified! In my own opinion, it seems the equivilant of beating Karazhan and Gruuls the moment it comes out and then yelling to the world 'too easy!'- after spending many more hours than other people to be as hardcore as possible.

I once wanted to be a hardcore raider, but if they aren't having any fun destroying the game, I'll just enjoy myself and play at a more casual pace.

CKaz
11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
/shrug I don't get the fascination with these guys at all

--> it's too easy, waaaaah! well

* You and probably most if not all yer stooges were in beta
* You act more like a regimented company than even a hardcore band of players
* Apparently you're even sponsored to be able to do so

Would anyone notice/care if they disappeared? I wouldn't.

Krenian
11-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Time for my rant.

Who the hell do they think they are?!

They are two sets of guilds that have merged into one with sponsors, PAID to finish the PvE content so they can get residues and rewards for doing so, which means they are focused on playing as MUCH as possible to do so..and they're complaining about how easy the game is?!

This is why I hate these people. This is why I sure as hell hope Blizzard NEVER listens to them. They are idiots. Every single one of them are idiots. And to prove my point, because you know, anyone can call them idiots, one just must look at what they're saying.

PvE is too easy, we cleared everything with level 70 gear, we tried naxx with 20 people. ...whoopie! You cleared entry level stuff with potentially the best players in the game here! You're bound to do better than most 25 man instances and to evaluate the game based on having the best of the best is not even remotely right to do, but shouldn't ever be done. You cleared the instance first? Grats for you, you're paid to do that. Are the instances hard? Let the other guilds decide before jumping down Blizzard's throat.

I bet half of the players have no idea how a game should even be done in the first place. Mindless drones, the whole lot of them. Just playing around, and waiting for the next content. UGH, just sitting here typing frustrates me thinking that people like them may actually have some sort of word.

Is it an accomplishment that they have 25 people that can down bosses very fast? NO! They have the best players playing for them, exactly how is that uh..an accomplishment? You're bound to do it because you're dealt the right cards.

Is it an accomplishment that they have 25 people that can down bosses very fast? NO! They get paid to do this, it's their jobs to down first bosses. That's not an accomplishment, it becomes a job and is just regular work for them. The game loses all aspects of the game and then they have the audacidy to state something like "Oh the game isn't hard anymore".

Is it an accomplishment that they have 25 people that can down bosses very fast?
NO! Because everything they stand for, as a guild and all that, is to down bosses. But everything has to be motivated to downing them for some sort of residue cheque they get.

I'm just really sick and tired that these people get the respect and recognition that they seem to get when people should shun them and tell them to get out and go visit the world instead of sitting there playing a video game and get paid for it.

/end rant.

Horacio
11-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Eh, whatever.

Klimpen
11-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Eh, whatever.

qfmft

muulan
11-26-2008, 10:37 AM
wow so much hate.
I don't understand why people are so angry at the SK/Nihilm guys. I mean its like my buddies at the gym hating on the pro-ballers in NBA cause they can get 9/10 freethrows and we can only make half of them.

Kazeyonoma
11-26-2008, 11:45 AM
but do the pro NBA players say, we should raise the rims of all basketball hoops to 12 feet so that us 7'1 guys have a more challenge, and thus making the 5'7 casual ballers game harder?

NO

Rak
11-26-2008, 11:48 AM
No, the pro NBA players join the NBA and receive their heightened challenge compared to regular guys that play at the park. This is analogous to something like a hard, challenging heroic version of a raid and an easier, more accessible normal version of a raid. Having options is good, and totally removing the challenging raids might make options limitless for the people wanting easier raids, but it completely removes options for the people that want something harder.

Rak
11-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Time for my rant.

Who the hell do they think they are?!

They are two sets of guilds that have merged into one with sponsors, PAID to finish the PvE content so they can get residues and rewards for doing so, which means they are focused on playing as MUCH as possible to do so..and they're complaining about how easy the game is?!

This is why I hate these people. This is why I sure as hell hope Blizzard NEVER listens to them. They are idiots. Every single one of them are idiots. And to prove my point, because you know, anyone can call them idiots, one just must look at what they're saying.

PvE is too easy, we cleared everything with level 70 gear, we tried naxx with 20 people. ...whoopie! You cleared entry level stuff with potentially the best players in the game here! You're bound to do better than most 25 man instances and to evaluate the game based on having the best of the best is not even remotely right to do, but shouldn't ever be done. You cleared the instance first? Grats for you, you're paid to do that. Are the instances hard? Let the other guilds decide before jumping down Blizzard's throat.

I bet half of the players have no idea how a game should even be done in the first place. Mindless drones, the whole lot of them. Just playing around, and waiting for the next content. UGH, just sitting here typing frustrates me thinking that people like them may actually have some sort of word.

Is it an accomplishment that they have 25 people that can down bosses very fast? NO! They have the best players playing for them, exactly how is that uh..an accomplishment? You're bound to do it because you're dealt the right cards.

Is it an accomplishment that they have 25 people that can down bosses very fast? NO! They get paid to do this, it's their jobs to down first bosses. That's not an accomplishment, it becomes a job and is just regular work for them. The game loses all aspects of the game and then they have the audacidy to state something like "Oh the game isn't hard anymore".

Is it an accomplishment that they have 25 people that can down bosses very fast?
NO! Because everything they stand for, as a guild and all that, is to down bosses. But everything has to be motivated to downing them for some sort of residue cheque they get.

I'm just really sick and tired that these people get the respect and recognition that they seem to get when people should shun them and tell them to get out and go visit the world instead of sitting there playing a video game and get paid for it.

/end rant.

This post has some pretty amazingly ignorant statements in my opinion but I'll just address the couple big ones.

How are they idiots for wanting harder raid content? Keep in my mind that it is part of their income. If the game is super easy, sponsors won't be compensating them to be the best at it. Would you perhaps complain if you lost your job because the field was suddenly not demanding skilled employees anymore?

Saying things aren't an accomplishment because they have the best people in the world working on it and are paid to do so is simply ridiculous. I guess the Patriots having a flawless normal season wasn't an accomplishment and everyone interested in football is an idiot because the Patriots got paid to play football and had one of the best teams in history doing it, right?

Bishoptwo
11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
No, the pro NBA players join the NBA and receive their heightened challenge compared to regular guys that play at the park. This is analogous to something like a hard, challenging heroic version of a raid and an easier, more accessible normal version of a raid. Having options is good, and totally removing the challenging raids might make options limitless for the people wanting easier raids, but it completely removes options for the people that want something harder.

^ This. They will blow through content no matter how difficult it is. Each person and the guild they are in have a sense of how difficult the content was for them, and if they feel like they absolutely destroyed the current content compared to how they progressed through previous content then they can come up with some sense of what the guilds a notch below them will be capable of doing on this same content.

My guild is no where near the level of the hardcore top 20 something guilds. According to WoW Progress (meh) we are tied for some where around 95th or so in the USA. What concerns me is that I know how past content has felt in terms of difficulty in the past and I know how well my guild works and I realize that about half the people in my guild are really slow to pick things up. The only reason we progressed in Sunwell at all was because of repetitive attempts. We have lost at least a dozen of the people we had in Sunwell and less experienced BT/Sunwell players have joined our ranks for Wrath. I was expecting (along with many others) to have slower than normal progress in the opening raid instances in Wrath. I was expecting....wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, until eventually....."click" = kill. What I didn't expect was clearing all content in one reset. I know how I play and I know how my guild plays, I know how well people in my guild play. From clearing this content I can say without a doubt that guilds that were a step below us in BC, shouldn't take too much longer to clear the current Wrath content.

What will be interesting to see is if guilds that were less progressed in BC, or newly formed raiding guilds with "younger raiders", think the content was hard for them. Just from seeing the current content I think more guilds will think the content was "pretty easy" in opening WotLK compared to any other raid instances pre WotLK.

If this is what blizzard intended so be it. I love the idea of getting more people into 25 man content, it can be a really enjoyable part of the game. At the same time, more than likely they didn't tune things the way they expected with this opening content and the difficulty level should be slightly ramped up next content patch. This isn't like a normal video game, "easy" "normal" "hard" difficulties wont work, you would need an infinite number of choices and that's just impossible to do.

Alent
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
I think the problem is that they want end game challenge from an introductory raid. When T8 rolls around they can start whining. Until then they should laugh, stretch, and sell a few sets of 25/T7 so they can get their bank alts the 20,000g mammoth.

Rak
11-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I think the problem is more that the introductory raids are actually too easy to give people a real introduction to raiding. We had tons of people that had never seen naxx before in our first naxx heroic raid and... we one shot everything we did that night. Through MT deaths, half the raid dying at 60% etc, the bosses would still be one shot. It honestly just feels like this is going to be free gear for people to get them ready for the next set of raids which will THEN be introductory...

Krenian
11-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Well let's see here:

They claim to have cleared all the 25 man content in the game, yet I'm frankly not sure they cleared the heroic version of it. So two things here: They haven't cleared all the content, which makes em boastful liars, and nor have I seen any information about clearing Heroic Naxx 25 man as well as Malygos and EoE. If they have cleared it on heroic mode, apologies but I've yet to see a statement that they did that. All I know is that they cleared all the instances.

In this case, they haven't tested the harder mode of the dungeon. Worse: They assume that the normal mode of the instance is what the cutting end game will be and that's clearly false. Until they've tested the heroic versions of the 25 man, I take their words with a grain of salt.

Furthermore: Being paid to play a game is sheer ludacrous. A game is meant for entertainment purposes. I follow this statement with the definition of game:

Game:

1) an amusement or pastime.

The first definition of many for game is exactly that. what is amusing about the game when you are being paid to play the game? It no longer really is a game and more of a job. Which defeats the entire purpose of what Blizzard does: Release GAMES. Not jobs. Why do you think things have been going more and more casual? Why do you think that Blizzard is as famous as they are with WoW and are now up to 11 million subscribed users? Because they know the fundamentals of a game is to have fun, and people have fun at different degrees.

Their fun is to destroy instances with their players, while being paid, and then critique what their experience is. It's actually quite hypocritical of them to even do that because they are going beyond what the Game is meant to be. To each their own when it comes to having a job, but to play a game as a job is something I, personally, don't really find very good in an MMO field. You have your players Beta test your game, that's your testers. It isn't like console games where you have a point a to point b goal to finish the game and things have got to be checked to see if the game is actually likable for a single individual. Then individual game testers come into play.

They are taking their views of the game and placing it in a world where an individual body is critiquing a game when their circumstances are so above and beyond the normal rational of MMO gaming that their opinions matter little at this point.

I find this quite similar as to how Media reports crime. Media tends to focus on the uncommon because they are the interesting scenarios and that people want to know the unknown because of an innate fear of the unknown. we want to know what people could actually go and do so we can prepare ourselves for it to ever happen. And yet, studies show that most murders and crimes are committed by people that the victim knows. And yet these studies and statitstics are never shown whatsoever. Our focus is so much onto the radical that it skews the real numbers.

You can easily push this onto the following scenario: This guild is stating that the content is too easy because they did things that people could not normally do: Clear the content so fast due to a) money being paid to play the game b) the time to play the game. They then critique the game and say it's too easy, when they are 1% of the total player base if even that! And then they expect the normal society to agree with their views? No.

Their views are skewed not because they do the achievement, but moreso how they achieve it. They do it in such an arrogant way that it rubs off the people.

In conclusion, let me remind you that Blizzard once again has 11 million suscribers. In 11 million people, this elitist guild takes about 1% of the total gaming community with their opinion. This is why I get angry when they bash blizzard and say their game is too easy. Because the circumstances behind how they achieved their goals was beyond the norm of everyday casual and 'hardcore' individuals

I respect your opinion that there may of been ignorant statements but as I hope this shows, I'm not as ignorant as one may think. I just don't shove it in one thread because it'd make a block like this will.

Rak
11-26-2008, 12:14 PM
They cleared the heroic versions because almost all the heroic bosses are just as easy as the ten man bosses. Like I said earlier my guild with lots of new people easily one shot tons of heroic bosses, and we have people who haven't done any serious raids before. And we had 22 people in raid. It REALLY IS easy.

And again saying things like "Being paid to play a game is sheer ludacrous. A game is meant for entertainment purposes.", you might want to tell that to every fan of any professional sport in the world.

Edit: I'd also like to mention as a bit of a subjective viewpoint that people in my guild who had never done any content above Kara even said they were surprised how easy heroic bosses were compared to kara, and that it felt kind of silly and broken.

Bishoptwo
um, normal = 10 man

heroic = 25 man

EDIT: imo some of the 10 man encounters (normal) are harder than the 25 man bosses (heroic).

Also, I don't get paid to play the game. I work full time, up at 6am home about 5pm raid from 830pm to around 100 am. 90 percent of the players in my guild are employed full time, most took vacation days to get to 80. We didn't raid any extra than our "farm schedule" from pre WoTLK" and we still cleared content 12 days after the release of WotLK. Not considering the time we put into leveling we took less than 3 raid nights to clear the content.

This is what i stated above, I know how I play, I know my guilds capabilities, we SHOULD NOT have been able to do this IMO. We may be more hardcore than alot of guilds but we don't get paid to play the game. It should have taken us longer to clear the content, it didn't. That makes me think what other guilds with less flexible Real Lifes and shorter raiding schedules, should be able to do the same. One, two, even three or four deaths didn't mean we lost, usually we still killed the boss. Even though our gear is better than the "average raider" losing 4 dps on a so called dps race boss style fight shows me that guilds in lesser gear should easily be able to accomplish what we did.

Kazeyonoma
my understanding that heroic Raids were the 25 mans. and regular raids were the 10 mans no?

Krenian
11-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Then I stand corrected if the content is that easy. The last thing I'll poke my head and spew out on this is I will wait till the next 25 man is released. If it's still cleared as fast as it was on both heroic mode and normal mode, then I will conceed that blizzard may be hurting the raiding scenario ina huge way.

Sorry if I felt confrontational, I just have some sort of annoyance with them.

ttocs
11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Being paid to play a game is sheer ludacrous. A game is meant for entertainment purposes.

You could have summed up everything by just saying that line.

And as someone who has played video games professionally (and likely could have earned a lot more than I did), I will sum up my post with this:

Different people play the game for different reasons.