PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Music

Bigmoomma
11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi there guys,

I'm looking for some new music to add to my repertoire. In brief I'm very openminded about music however I have a very firm sense of taste. I generally like things a 'touch off coloured'. I have a fond spot in my heart for Ska, and while I love metal I'm not looking for a two hundredth copy cat of Metalica.

I have a soft spot for piano aswell as the violin, and while I love classical music I'm aiming for music that is very energetic for leveling and will keep me in the mindframe I'm interested in being in - this does not discount music with deep or moving lyrics, it's simply that the tone has to be motivational regardless of the context. A great example of that would be Streetlight Manifesto, or Sublime - however, I'm looking for some new music on the more Metal (and alternative if need be) end of things because I'm less exposed to it (And if anyone knows it the music from Xav's Utgarde keep video would be rad, that's basicly exactly what I'm looking for).

Thanks preemptivly,

Bigmommma Deathwing Horde.

Edgar
11-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Xav's Utgarde Video was Skindred - Nobody.

Klimpen
11-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Sanelora recommends 'Pump Up The Jam'.

Bigmoomma
11-11-2008, 07:55 AM

lol best ever - I'm 100% adding that to the list. Ahahahahaha.

Points for humor and style.

Edgar
11-11-2008, 08:05 AM
I will listen to Eye of the tiger while riding there. Getting pumped and getting ready to slam my shield in the face of Utgarde Keep mobs.

Bigmoomma
11-11-2008, 08:14 AM
To give a sense of taste of what I'm currently using here is a playlist I listen to fairly frequently.

Hyacinthus | Project Playlist | Music Playlist || Facebook Playlist, Tagworld, Stickam, Hi5, Gaia, Friendster, Xanga, Myspace Music Player, Myspace MP3 Player/Players, Facebook Music Playlist, Myspace Music Playlists (http://www.playlist.com/user/20834318)

Sanelora
11-11-2008, 09:05 AM

Klimpen recommends Never Going to Give You Up by the Rickrollerz

Klimpen
11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I totally do.

donald1985
11-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Basically my ruckus account on shuffle. Alot of Damien Rice mixed with random port hardcore/hardcore. The occasional dashboard and Boxcar Racer are mixed in with my interpol/yea yea yea's. I like all music, minus radio rap/hiphop.

megalomaniac
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Grudgelord | Project Playlist | Music Playlist || Facebook Playlist, Tagworld, Stickam, Hi5, Gaia, Friendster, Xanga, Myspace Music Player, Myspace MP3 Player/Players, Facebook Music Playlist, Myspace Music Playlists (http://www.playlist.com/Grudgelord)

some tunez

robowarriorx
11-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, traditional Chinese and Japanese music, Cradle of Filth, Maximum the Hormone, Wagner, Opeth, Ayumi Hamasaki, Dethklok, Immortal, Three Inches of Blood...hmm, some interesting mix there, but a lot of hardcore, viking/black/death metal, mixed with j-pop and the traditional stuff for variety..I like to listen to a bit of everything, but it really depends on what I'm doing, and to be honest, I'm going to be giving the in-game music quite a bit of play at first, and then going from there.

Petninja
11-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Frank Sinatra... exclusively.

Spazlord
11-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I’m going to start off with Jimi Hendrix and see where that takes me. The odds of some Sigur Ros while I’m exploring Howling Fjord are pretty good. I’m a big fan of FSOL and Amon Tobin while running the more cavernous instances. Who knows, I’ll be rocken around Northrend to all sorts of stuff. <3