PDA

View Full Version : Level 80 PvP armor skinning

Iazy
11-09-2008, 02:31 AM
recently I have found myself wondering what blizzard is going to do with the level 80 pvp gear in terms of looks. While I have heard many rumors about what it looks like, they have all been inconclusive and I just want to know if blizzard is planning on simple pulling a bc and reskinning tier sets, or if they will actually put some substantial effort into making the players happy and create new skins for pvp loot. I'm just curious as I used to play pvp at 60 exclusively and I miss seeing a full high warlord tauren warrior and soiling myself and running away. Basically by simply reskinning tier loot, blizzard has taken out much of the achievement that was required to get that old school pvp gear as well as the badass factor of having really cool looking gear to intimidate your foes with. One thing I will say in defense of blizzards new pvp honor rewards armor system is that I really like how they are eliminating welfare epics by making each piece of gear cost both honor points and arena points as well as PR to buy. I feel like this successfully eliminates the lack of. Achievemnt that pvp suffered from in bc.
Thanks,

Iazy

Bloodwraith
11-09-2008, 10:53 AM
A while back they announced that they would have separate looking sets for PvE and PvP. They won't just recolor them anymore. :D

Arrivan
11-10-2008, 12:39 AM
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/september/8970/deadlyglad_warrior.jpg

That's the model that they're going to use for the warrior PVP sets. This picture is quite old (it's from September) but it seems that each set that will be initially available at Wrath launch will be recoloured versions of that. I don't know what they'll do for subsequent seasons, they seem to be keeping further set models (like T8) close to their chest for now. They may have changed the model since then.

Another edit: It seems that while they have cut down the number of sockets on some individual pieces, if you have the whole set + belt/bracers/boots you'll actually gain two sockets compared to level 70 PVP gear, not to mention the possibility of adding more through blacksmithing. I guess that'll have to make up for the loss of hit and pretty much anything that isn't strength/stam/crit/resilience.

Iazy
11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
So what theyre doing is basically making it so theres only one pvp set? What i mean is they are consolidating the arena items so there will be no more pure arena pt gear as well as no more pure honor/BG gear. I think this change is a welcome change b/c now peopel cannoy just hardcore honor farm for high quality gear. Now they gotta work for it. I think this new system is really going to define who is good now that the gear will all be the same (except for the fact that they have 3 different qualities of this "deadly" gear, each worth more honor/arena points than the subsequent one)
and it will really show who is good. FINALLY!
Btw this set is really cool ^.^
Now will the only differentiation between the three different set be in stats only? or will they have slightly different names.
wow just noticed that yhey have 100 + stam on almost all the pieces, now i see how retadins are going to be nerfed, even though they will be hitting harder because of the increase of STR on the gear, the stam increase is sharply more than the increase in STR from what i see... lol

Noraxe
12-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Warriors are actually the only ones(imo) which has a nice looking pvp set, although I would love seeing the good old vanilla wow weps and armour :)

Although Im a hordie the warrior/pally armour was one of the best looking sets in wow of all time in my opinion.

ttocs
12-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Iazy, there's 3 "sets" of PvP gear right now.

You can get the blue "Savage Gladiator" set via badges (think HWL gear when BC first came out)
You can get the epic Hateful and Deadly Gladiator pieces from Archavon the Stone Watcher, 10 man (Hateful) and 25 man (Deadly).

Savage gladiator can be picked up with Honor (and some arena points) or Emblems of Heroism.
Hateful Gladiator can be picked up with Emblems of Valor
Deadly Gladiator (at the moment) can only be retrieved from 25-man Archavon.

Bloodwraith
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
In terms of PvP buying through honor or arena points:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wowinsider.com/media/2008/10/zach_bs_savage_costs.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wowinsider.com/media/2008/10/zach_bs_hateful_costs.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wowinsider.com/media/2008/10/zach_bs_deadly_costs.jpg

Beardly
01-14-2009, 01:48 PM
All arena and no hateful weps makes beardly a dull boy