PDA

View Full Version : Bull run for Ezra

SionaAmanThul
11-08-2008, 06:28 AM
For those of you that haven't heard, there is a bull run being put together for today at 6pm Eastern on Argent Dawn to celebrate the life of Ezra who recently died. Please read more about it on WoW Insider.

Hope to see you there.

SionaAmanThul
11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Over 1,000 people have signed on for this event and joined the guild that was formed for it. If you have an hour and a free character spot, consider creating a baby tauren and doing the memorial run at 6 pm Eastern.

Ciderhelm
11-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Moved this to the news temporarily. Will move it back in a few hours.

SionaAmanThul
11-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks, Cider.

Krashtork
11-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Link please. Can't find it on WOWInsider.

SionaAmanThul
11-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Well, we had over 1,000 baby Tauren and over 50 level 70s who formed an army in the Tauren starting area of Mulgor. We danced and celebrated Ezra's life until the designated starting time at which point we started our cattle stampede with Stormwind as its target.

Unfortunately, 1,100 people in raid groups moving together and razing everything in sight was too much for the server and it was brought to its knees even before we made it to Ratchet. But what a glorious site seeing a sea of Tauren running enmass through the Barrens.

In the end, the GMs asked us to call it to avoid further catastrophe to the server and we obeyed. We disbanded. However, some continued the trek even though their fates where sealed when it was learned that an Alliance army, 300 strong, was waiting for them guarding their sacred Stormwind.

As I ran up the road from Booty Bay, Tauren bodies where littered everywhere. Corpses named ForEzra, ForePheonix, EzraRocks. All met their fate as Ezra met his, with honor.

Thanks to Cider and Tankspot for allowing me to post this here. I apologize to the members of Argent Dawn who's server crashed between 6 pm and 6:30 pm. The 30 minutes you sacrificed from playing WoW was well worth it.

Alent
11-09-2008, 02:21 AM
You guys realize... you weren't just crashing your server, right? you screwed up the entire cluster and were affecting servers in other battlegroups.

SionaAmanThul
11-09-2008, 08:28 AM
It was 30 minutes, Alent. I apologize for your inconvenience.

Chosenx
11-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Relax, No one knew that the event would cause server issues. I'm sure in hindsight it seems obvious, but at the time no one would have even considered that it would turn out the way that it did.

Either way, it is a great cause, for a great guy. Being pissed off at people who were just trying to remember someone and do something nice with no malicious intent is just wrong.

Ciderhelm
11-09-2008, 09:39 AM
As I said last night, I supported this and put it to the frontpage, but I also wouldn't disagree with people who felt it crossed a line.

I think there's a rational argument for each viewpoint, but since it's wrapped up in an emotionally charged issue, I don't see the series of posts here going somewhere good. I'm locking it for this reason.