PDA

View Full Version : WARBRINGER by Azzinoth Protection PVP movie

Photon
11-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I've just completed the biggest video project I've ever worked on. I'm very proud to present you...

WARBRINGER
a tribute to Protection PVP

Warcraftmovies link (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=94255)

Azzinoth_WARBRINGER_Prote.divx - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static4.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=837831@@AMEPARAM@@static4.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=837831
Veoh link

This is a 16 min movie showing the new 3.0 Protection tree in PVP. It include 2 BGs clip, 9 duels vs each class... and more!

This is not a showcase of skill, but rather a ocasion to present an emerging play style of the warrior class. I hope that my passion for my class, my server, my friends and World of Warcraft is perceivable in this video. I tried my best to make it very entertaining and enjoyable by anyone.

The whole project took me well over 3 weeks of work. This is not my first gameplay movie but it is my first PVP movie. I wanted to do a PVP movie for a long time but there's always been something preventing me from doing it. My focus in WoW as always been PVE but I enjoy every aspect of the game. I concider myself an average PVPer. I do not claim to be top skilled and never invested enough time in arena to get very high. Though I enjoy creative gameplay or spec rather then cookiecuter.

If I ever finished this project is because I've been inspired by other movie maker before me. To name a few:

Murth (for his content and creativity, many prot pvp video)
Swifty (king of entertainement)
Drakedog (excellent video quality/editing)
Zetla (didnt made much video but were extremely entertaining and well edited)

Thanks to everyone who supported me during this project and most of all, thank to you for watching it!

Azzinoth

Magnuss
11-08-2008, 12:48 AM
awesome video. mind posting your spec and gear that you did this vid with? i just like seeing what other prot pvpers roll with :)

Paramount
11-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Beautiful!

The areas where you held the duels were both epic and appropriate to the class you were dueling (I especially liked the ret pally duel in the chapel...noice!).

I've looked for a few of your addons, namely the element mover (not exactly sure exactly what it does, but I assume it moves bliz's default UI around) and GoodDamageFont. Couldn't find either.

Also I was wondering if the moving of the cooldown icons to the center of the screen was an addon or photo-editing.

On your photo-editing...it would've been nice to have less screen shaking...but for the most part you called attention to some pretty snazzy stuff. The RAWR LOOK AT MAH HUGE CRITS were fun too.

Oh yeah...how much shield block value were you running?

On a side note....Azzinoth is still uncrittable in that gear haha.

Paramount
11-08-2008, 12:53 AM
The spec is at the end in the credits. You can also armory Azzinoth right now and check out gear, gemming, and spec.

eA-Zaku
11-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Simply incredible. I rerolled a male Dwarf for my warrior, but you are quite possibly one of the few badass female NE warriors out there.

I'm still watching the video but the screen shaking, spell reflect part, and the fight for BS were simply amazing. Highly entertaining and respectable.

Naka
11-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Awesome movie. I do especially like the sound mixing for the duels, but pretty much every aspect of the video is really nice. Honestly, I don't watch too many WoW movies, but this is probably the most enjoyable PvP movie I've ever seen. Keep it up!

Ashyn
11-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Sweet!! Enjoyed watching that alot, thank you for posting, very pimp vid!

Warwench
11-08-2008, 10:12 AM
that was pretty damn cool.

Shagh
11-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Great video.

Very good use of slow motion to highlights skill etc.

When is part 2 due?

Wha
11-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I think I love you.

Photon
11-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Beautiful!

The areas where you held the duels were both epic and appropriate to the class you were dueling (I especially liked the ret pally duel in the chapel...noice!).

I've looked for a few of your addons, namely the element mover (not exactly sure exactly what it does, but I assume it moves bliz's default UI around) and GoodDamageFont. Couldn't find either.

Also I was wondering if the moving of the cooldown icons to the center of the screen was an addon or photo-editing.

On your photo-editing...it would've been nice to have less screen shaking...but for the most part you called attention to some pretty snazzy stuff. The RAWR LOOK AT MAH HUGE CRITS were fun too.

Oh yeah...how much shield block value were you running?

On a side note....Azzinoth is still uncrittable in that gear haha.

GoodDamageFont is an old discontinued mod that still works to let you change your damage font. There's some other mod that does the same thing also. I think wowinterface has one. Element Mover let me put my frame and my target frame in the middle of my screen. I had moveanything before but it was too glitchy, I prefer Mafariun Element Mover.

The icon in the middle of the screen is my editing. Would be nice to have a stun watch mod like that tho :) ... actually I think you can set up Debuff Filter to do that... unless it's discontinued.

After I re-gem all my prot gear with STR and STR+Crit gem, I run with 1011 Block Value. I also have T6 4pieces bonus and the +5% block value metagem. Also I use this macro for Shield Slam:

#showtooltip Shield Slam(Rank 6)
/startattack
/cast Shield Block
/cast Shield Slam(Rank 6)
/use Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600
/use Coren's Lucky Coin

With 40 sec shield block, I chose to simply use it everytime its up instead of trying to time it right. But when you think about it.. it last 10 sec so after its used, it's back up in 30 sec. So most of the time its up whenever I find a new enemy.

For the screen shaking, the thing is, the margin between cool editing and annoying editing is very thin and it takes a lot of time to tweak it right. But I'll agree there's a few part that I could tone down a bit :)

And my gear is a wierd mix right now. Basicly its high block value tank gear, 4x T6, some guardian pieces and some DPS gear with high STR.

Big thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate.

clavarnway
11-08-2008, 02:06 PM
That Blacksmith fight was very good.

Naka
11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Would be nice to have a stun watch mod like that tho :) ... actually I think you can set up Debuff Filter to do that... unless it's discontinued.

You could do that with Satrina Buff Frames, too.

velouriam
11-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Amazing video! very cool style and flare in editing! This video almost made me want to respec to pvprot...almost :p Had i stopped watching before the duels i may have. However...this is an excellent showcase to what warriors can do now in prot. Finally making this spec show what it means to be a warrior.
Very cool and i enjoyed it immensely!

Brucimus
11-08-2008, 07:13 PM
what are you using as your one hander? Looked like Thunderfury in the intro but i dont think TF hits that hard

I have been pvping prot since the 3.02 and this my rig The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Brucimus) ...any gear/spec suggestions?

Great vid btw

Prunetracy
11-08-2008, 09:05 PM
what are you using as your one hander? Looked like Thunderfury in the intro but i dont think TF hits that hard

I have been pvping prot since the 3.02 and this my rig The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Brucimus) ...any gear/spec suggestions?

Great vid btw
Pretty sure that's Talon of Azshara (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30082).

Wha
11-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Also wanted to add how I love the music, I really got a kick out of She Wants Revenge song. Very fitting.

Kazeyonoma
11-09-2008, 03:16 PM
awesome vid, I haven't respec'd out of prot pvp since I first tried it, i'm loving it and all of the points you made about it's strengths I agree with and it's one weakness is a lack of MS debuff, but well timed interrupts/stuns can mean death to a healer without even getting a heal off. One uber tribute though is the charging the pet to prevent DRs on the warlock, smart move never thought of it.

Photon
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
It is Talon of Azshara. I like the high median damage on it. I have higher DPS weapon but really, for PVP I prefer really slow weapon. My Thunderfury + Dreadnaught is my town set :)

Vejovis
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Love the video. Great work.

350zfan1320
11-10-2008, 10:43 AM
You just made me want to respec...
What talents should i go with? :)

Saturday
11-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Overall amazing video, never thought about charging the pets! Well-timed intimidating shouts too :D

Envious of those crits though, I don't have enough block value gear so I've been doing it in my welfare PVP gear with only half of those numbers :(

Wartank
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Fantastic video, loved the spell reflect at blacksmith. Thanks for sharing it :)

Bloodwraith
11-11-2008, 08:42 AM
I liked it. Great video! :D

Edgar
11-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Got addicted to the "Tear you apart" song.

Ukyo
11-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Very nice vid, it's been a while since i heard Spitfire... the last time i heard it i think it was on one of Meandro's Videos.

Tankueray
11-11-2008, 04:44 PM
very nice.

WhoGivesAdam
11-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Amazing video! Looked so epic! So awesome, great work!

Iowynn
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Nice video. This really showcases just how effective Prot is in raid gear in PvP.

The playstyle is a lot of fun, and very interactive. If you guys haven't given prot a try in PvP, this video pretty much sums up my experience in BGs and duels since the 3.0 patch.

I'm looking forward to picking up Piercing Howl in the not too distant future.

Ukyo
11-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm looking forward to picking up Piercing Howl in the not too distant future.

I'm looking forward to use hamstring in defensive stance and piercing howl as a baseline skill... but an undead can only dream 8(

Photon
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm looking forward to use hamstring in defensive stance and piercing howl as a baseline skill... but an undead can only dream 8(

Until then, we have daze on shield bash. Piercing Howl is very tempting but I think I'll go for Impale instead.

Ukyo
11-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Until then, we have daze on shield bash. Piercing Howl is very tempting but I think I'll go for Impale instead.

same here, i wonder if SS crits would make deep wounds proc :>

Saturday
11-11-2008, 11:54 PM
They do but until they fix deep wounds, off-hand crits are 'nerfed' for want of a better word. It will be fixed after WOTLK launch and before 3.1 but no exact date has been given.

Daavos
11-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Questions.

I don't recognize the weapon you're using, but in general do recommend fast weapon (1.5 - 1.7) or slow weapon (2.6)?

Also, in general, even for pve I'm wonder if I should move away for the + stamina gems and started socketing for equipment bonuses. The gems with +strength and stamina are looking applying.

Love the movie. And the macro you posted for shield slam.

Pizzashark
12-03-2008, 01:00 AM
BIG PURDY NUMBERS!

Watched the first minute or so. No sound here at work, but I liked what I saw - crit vids (or probably just crit intros, here) are always fun to watch. The night elf combat stances look ridiculous with a shield, though; there's no way you're gonna be wielding a five foot, twenty pound slat of steel like that :)

God, I wish I could play right now. WotLK looks like so much fun :(

EDIT: For PvP, you want the biggest, slowest weapon you can get your mitts on - it means bigger Devastates and your Rend (I hear Rend is actually quite good now, especially if you use it to open) will get a bigger boost. Gems should be standard DPS gems - pure crit, pure STR, or STR/crit, depending on your stats. Gemming for bonuses is usually better than gemming for pure stats, at least for PvP. As Prot, you're already gonna be hard to kill, and you'll want that extra AP and crit to compensate for your lower white damage.

Chisgule
12-03-2008, 09:58 AM

I just wanted to quote this, because almost everyone who posts seems to overlook using the shield bash for the daze (!!). 1v1 against melee simply shield bash for the snare if you're in D-stance.

When I charge a caster in pvp the first thing I do is shield bash. It combines a snare and silence into one GCD, and guarantees that I get to beat on the caster for the first 3s. This is chained with stun(s) to guarantee an additional X seconds of DPS. Chain this with a heroic throw silence for 3s, and your shield bash will probably be up again by the time the silence wears off (unless trinketed). By this point the caster is probably dead anyways!

I expect that in top rated arenas players will be too abusive of sitting in your charge dead zone without piercing howl... unless you run a 1.5-2 DPS combo such that the fight ends within 30 seconds anyways. Given that resilience will be minimal at first, this will be the best season for having impale (for at least the first half anyways).

To digress to glyphs, I think it's critical to glyph for the hardest fight - the 2dps 2v2 fight that ends in 30 seconds. Don't bother glyphing last stand, IMO. You want that extra 10%. Roll 1.5-2dps and end things fast.

We'll see how it all actually plays out though.

Pizzashark
12-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Just a heads up, pre-emptive silence without a good plan behind it doesn't work terribly well against folks with strong resilience and high HP. Doesn't mean you can't do it, but it does mean you should coordinate with others or save the shield bash for an interrupt instead ;)

Pizzashark
12-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Just watched the whole thing, and your editing's pretty damn good. I'm probably glad my work computer doesn't have sound after seeing the credits, though. The intro sequences to the fights was pretty cliche, but people keep doing it because it works, I guess :)

I did notice you missed a lot of interrupts and often used a stun in place of an interrupt. My framerate gets pretty spotty when I FRAPS, so I can definitely see missing interrupts due to framerate lag, but learning to predict your opponents will help out immensely there; if you can learn to predict when they're gonna try to cast, you can have your GCD ready in time to catch them, even if it's only a 1.5s cast. Just because you CAN spam Devastate doesn't mean you SHOULD ;)

I've always preferred to save my Shield Slam for after the bubble, so that I can at least have the chance of dispelling it and allowing my Rage generation to continue unimpeded, but I imagine SS was doing so much damage at 70 after the buffs that maybe it was better to just try and burn em down instead.