PDA

View Full Version : New Tank looking for advice.

Volador
11-07-2008, 07:01 AM
With the armory coming back online, I figured I'd give this a shot. Just looking for guidance on gear upgrades to push into the wild blue yonder (WotLK). This character was neglected quite extensively through BC (was 60 when it opened, hit 70 less than a month ago). I had never played him as a tank, until after 3.0.2 came out, and now, well, let's just say I like being good at what I do. So without further ado, here is the armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&n=Volador)

A couple of things to keep in mind is I do NOT have access to any 25 man content (nor do I truly want to run one at this point). I am an armorsmith, so I have access to some of the crafted gear (not 375, so not all of it). Is there any gear, easily accessible that I can replace in the next few days to become better for release?

Zentoph
11-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm personally just stacking as much shield block value as I can so that it makes grinding quicker, the other avoidance stats that come along with gear is just a nice bonus to me. I don't recommend spending the gold on epic plans/mats for upgrades but there are a few pieces that have nice SV if you'd enjoy doing it, check your AH often.

Also, even if you don't have a guild, it shouldn't be too difficult to pug any of the T4 content even with an undergeared group, everything is a joke now. I guess this is sort of a biased bit of advice since it's the path I'm taking.. I like the short term rewards of questing/upgrading gear while I'm doing it but still getting some lower-end gear(T4/SV) to make soloing quicker.

Also, if you plan on tanking heavily in WotLK, try and get some experience in whatever you can.. Practice makes perfect and I'm often frusterated in encounters where people will compare fights to previous content I'd never experienced. "Oh, just tank this like twin emps, pulling!" wtf!