PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2 or Red Alert 3?

Ciderhelm
11-06-2008, 10:05 AM
I have one week before Wrath. Take your pick!

Kyoki
11-06-2008, 10:06 AM
im playing fable 2 first

Klimpen
11-06-2008, 12:17 PM
So far as I've heard:

Fable2 is good but not great. It does some things well [the dog, environments, the world], but others not so [loading, the world map].
RA2 is a Strat game from the turn on the century. It looks nice, but doesn't have the advancements which a lot of newer RTS' have brought to the table.

Ciderhelm
11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
So far as I've heard:

Fable2 is good but not great. It does some things well [the dog, environments, the world], but others not so [loading, the world map].
RA2 is a Strat game from the turn on the century. It looks nice, but doesn't have the advancements which a lot of newer RTS' have brought to the table.
Aaaand that leaves me kind of out of a game unless I play through Fallout 3 again, which I'm halfway doing already.

Ulushnar
11-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I really enjoyed Fable 2. It's a definite improvment over Fable, and it has a lot of charm and a lot to explore. It fixed some of the things that really annoyed me about Fable (like the awkward fecking ranged combat), and as cynical as I was about a persistant NPC helper in the form of the Dog, it's really nicely implemented.

Of course there's still the same three-four phrases utterred by most NPCs depending on your renown/alignment, but that's just down to the limitations of the media.

Admittedly i held off on Fallout 3 simply because I figured that the 2 weeks I had before Wrath wasn't long enough for a Bethseda game, but I knew I could count on Fable for a short, satisfying fix.

Taelas
11-06-2008, 02:36 PM

Ciderhelm's talking about RA3, not RA2. :p RA3 is brand-new; released in 2008.

Klimpen
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
That was a misstype, Norrath. I was, in fact, referring to RA3.

I had a friend who was playing in the Beta and -isn't- buying it.

Klimpen
11-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I've heard Dead Space (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/deadspace?q=Dead%20Space) [PC/360/PS3] is a very good survival/horror game.

Nez
11-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm going to be dusting off the Xbox for some GoW2 myself.
:D

Klimpen
11-06-2008, 04:25 PM
If my mates don't dick around for ages, I'm looking at Left 4 Dead being my Game of the Year. WotLK regardless. 4 player co-op shooter, if you don't work together, you die. Tuned to hell and back, as I've heard. I believe that, since this -is- Valve we're talking about.

Nez
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
If my mates don't dick around for ages, I'm looking at Left 4 Dead being my Game of the Year. WotLK regardless. 4 player co-op shooter, if you don't work together, you die. Tuned to hell and back, as I've heard. I believe that, since this -is- Valve we're talking about.

ok, that sounds awesome!

Taelas
11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
That was a misstype, Norrath. I was, in fact, referring to RA3.

I had a friend who was playing in the Beta and -isn't- buying it.

Ah. ;)

Halandir
11-06-2008, 09:35 PM
argh if I wasn't already taking a break from wow to write a grad paper before the expansion comes out I would jump into Fallout 3, I played the first two in that series to death back in the day.