PDA

View Full Version : Prot Warrior LF Advice

LoveofRage
11-04-2008, 08:46 AM
I am looking for help with my prot warriors talent spec sadly never been my forte I am hoping to get some advice with setting up their talent tree so if anyone would be able to help me out that would rock

and yes i know my toon's name is completely retarded

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Iamshield)

Jaen
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm thinking a few things:
Booming Voice: Not very valuable for a tank. The radius of shouts doesn't really need to be increased. The duration also doesn't need to be increased. These points are better spent on Armoured to the Teeth or Cruelty.

Imp. Bloodrage:
I'm not a fan. Generally, as a tank, we have plenty of rage. The untalented version gives enough rage for a Shield Slam and that's about all you really need to do before the rage starts building from damage taken/dealt.

One Handed Specialization:
You simply CAN NOT skip this talent as a prot. Never.
All damage you deal is increased while holding a 1h weapon. That means all your shield attacks, Shockwave, Thunderclap, everything that counts as Physical damage.

Iron Will:
As a human, we get Every Man for Himself. I think that allows us to save these 3 talent points for other more valuable talents.
I can't even remember the last time I was charmed...Zul'aman maybe? Trust your party to do their jobs. (scrubbing in this case)

Puncture:
Another talent that I think doesn't warrant use. Sunder and Devastate are cheap as is, and you won't ever open with Sunder or Devastate, so no real reason to decrease the cost.

Just some opinions. I hope they help

~j

Khumar
11-04-2008, 01:17 PM
i would say you really need to get last stand and macro it with shield wall, ive heard it called the 'oh shit' button the boost in hp has saved me and my raids from a number of wipes.