PDA

View Full Version : Increasing my Armor Points?

Bignug
11-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Hello I posted this thread in an attempt to recieve any tips on how to increase my armor points or whether I should just keep building avoidance? I feel that In raids I am being hit harder than other tanks and seem to have ghetto avoidence (just never seems to show up) so was in need of ways to increase my total armor to lessin the blows im recieveing?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&n=Bignug)

above link is my armory page I know they are slow to update but it helps

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

robbon
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi m8 just looking at your armory profile i would guess that your guild is farming kara, occasional gruul , plenty of heroics ?

If that is the case then your gear is more than good enough for the T4 content and pushing in to T5 (ssc/tk).

If your guild are trying to push higher instances like hyjal and BT now since the patch then the mobs and bosses do hit harder and your gear is a a level or so low for them..

That said ..since the patch we have tanks in gear pretty similar to you coming in to those instances as well..they just need a healing cushion.

You can always focus more on ZA and get gear from there that will last way in to BT and in to WOTLK..(boots (you got), shield, chest, head, shoulders)

also you can upgrade some items by using badge loot, the legs for example - try changing them for the sunguard legplates or the wavering legplates.

i would suggest a way forward would be ZA loot/badge loot and try your hand in TK for some shoulders and trinkets/rings. Also look at your trinkets. There are others out there that will help mitigation...adamantite figurine, kaelthas trinket from MGT, autoblocker (badges), corens coin (brewfest) etc...

If your taking big burst damage it could be that your not using shield block or your trinkets but as far as i can see your stats are fine for T4/T5 content.

:)

Kazeyonoma
11-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Moved to Armory Suggestions forum.

Crommi
11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Seems to be that most important upgrade would be weapon, grab the axe from Zul'jin or Mallet from Lurker. Otherwise your gear is just fine to clear whole T5 content and tank deep into MH/BT as well.