PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade suggestions

Voradrac
11-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Im looking for some upgrade suggestions for my tank set. Mainly looking for upgrades for my remaining kara pieces. The ZA pieces are fairly new additions to his set, the badge chest is the newest piece and killed off most of my remaining badges. Here is my armory link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Voradrac) This toon is an alt so his raid access is a tad limited. I have MTd ZA multiple times and made 4 timers every time (yay for nerfed content, now I can bring my alts to ZA). Hoping to maybe get into Hyjal and BT this week as an OT (my guild might do an alt MH/BT this week, or allow alts into the normal BT run). Hes going to stay an alt for WotLK, but I plan to keep him geared enough to be a backup tank for the guild.

Crommi
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, here's some upgrades that you can get relatively easy just in pugs:

Helm: Battleworn Tuskguard (ZA)
Shoulders: Destroyer Shoulderguards (TK)
Weapon: Mallet of the Tides (SSC)
Gloves: Bonefist Gauntlets (Badges, nice EH)
Trinket: Commendation of Kael'thas (Heroic MgT)

For rings go for whatever you feel works best, badge ring gives nice boost to armor and ring off Tidewalker is solid avoidance piece. Or, if you want to take advantage of buffed up shield slam, there's block value rings available to you in ZA (chest), TK (trask) and MH (reputation)

Khorium Destroyer would be obvious replacement to ranged slot, but it's really up to you if you want to spend that amount of cash on alt.

Edit:Changed weapon recommendation to Mallet

Voradrac
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Lost a roll on the tuskguard last time I was in ZA (but did get jungle stompers that run). Would like to get a couple of block value rings for the level grind. How would you rate the SSC mallet vs the ZA axe? considering the human expertise racial. Not spending 1k gold for the tank gun on this guy. MgT hates this toon. I have never seen either shard of contempt or commendation drop (but it drops all the time when I run it on my main lol)

Fayre
11-06-2008, 12:47 AM
The SSC mallet still trumps the ZA axe for humans due to the racial and the expertise, in my view. In fact, I've been using the mallet over the axe for my Draenai too - I find it hard to voluntarily give up all that expertise for the sake of some parry and hit.

Crommi
11-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Yeah, go for Mallet if you can get one. I'm so used to thinking all from orc's perspective that it's easy to forget that there's other races too ;)