PDA

View Full Version : Entry Level Raiding-Shoulders and EH vs Tankpoints

Jaynick77
11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Armory Link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Tomaxx)

I know that the expansion is days away but I'm trying to get in as much raiding as possible. Most people frown at my gear when looking for Kara or ZA, so it's been difficult and I run Heroics as much as possible.

One of my man gear items that are weak, among others, is my shoulders. I'm wearing the Savage Plate (PvP) Shoulders gemmed and enchanted for tanking. I've been running Gruuls and have not won a roll yet and no lucky drops in Kara, so I turned to Heroics and found the Spaulders of Dementia from Heroic Sethekk Halls The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=32073). When I equipped them I noticed my EH dropped about 400 points but my tankpoints jump about 700 points. I'm torn and not sure which to equip at this point. After reading about how important strength is now in itemization, the Spaulders almost seem like a good choice regardless of the loss in EH. I'm still too new at this to make a good decision I think, any help would be great.:D

Crommi
11-02-2008, 05:48 AM
I would use Spaulders of Dementia due to higher avoidance and armor. If you feel like you really want that extra EH, go run couple AVs and buy yourself Merciless Gladiator's Plate Shoulders until you get lucky with T4 tokens.

You gear as a whole is already good enough to maintank full Karazhan run.

Jaynick77
11-02-2008, 09:59 AM
I would use Spaulders of Dementia due to higher avoidance and armor. If you feel like you really want that extra EH, go run couple AVs and buy yourself Merciless Gladiator's Plate Shoulders until you get lucky with T4 tokens.

You gear as a whole is already good enough to maintank full Karazhan run.

Thanks for the input. Tank itemization is much more difficult than Rogue itemization, LOL! :eek: It's weird, but I'm having a hard time finding decent items that have a good amount of Stam right now. It seems like every upgrade I get lowers my Stam.

PS: What else can I actually MT / OT at this point? I've looked at the Raid Zone Minimums and that seems outdated now in 3.0. I've tanked Prince and the other Kara bosses and I've OT'd ZA, Gruuls, and Mags. Do you think I can OT Hyjal, TK, or SSC?

Crommi
11-03-2008, 05:37 AM
I think you could OT SSC and TK, but getting into such raid can be difficult as there's usually better geared players available, "under-geared" and inexperienced player is always the last option.