PDA

View Full Version : Did MGT and BOMBED was it the healer or was it me?

Igshealiden
11-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Renplatinum: my healer The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Renplatinum) Disc spec and been working with me for months and main healer for kara

Igshealiden: Me The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Igshealiden) Full prot spec and been trying to amp every spec of defense value and defense outa this poor guy i can but i think i was in error most of the time

also need advice on gems for this guy to amp up his stuff
cant do what i want to and is it the healer or is it me

tuffmuffin
11-01-2008, 07:59 PM
If you didn't use CC, that's what killed you. The gear is fine

Terrace is primarily spell damage, which will chew you down much quicker than melee could ever dream to.
Discipline priests are strong single-target healers, but lack in group healing, so the areas that need more group healing would be a bit tougher on the healer.

For gems, out of personal preference, I wouldn't worry too much about Strength at that gear level and go for more Stamina.

On a side note, you have an awkward spec to me. I'm not sure what your role is (In the guild), so that may have something to do with it. [And I spend more time on my Warrior than my Pally ^^;;]

Worldie
11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Basically... if you charge into a pull in mgt hc, and don't spellreflect the first nukes and shockweave right after, you'll get destroyed if you go without CC.

Horacio
11-01-2008, 10:31 PM
If you're not already, utilize LOS(Line of Sight) to get all the mobs on top of you and then you can deal with them more effectively with, as Worldie said above, reflect but Shockwave as well. This dungeon really emphasizes what is going to be a tank's primary responsibility from here on out and that's managing the battles.

Darksend
11-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Basically... if you charge into a pull in mgt hc, and don't spellreflect the first nukes and shockweave right after, you'll get destroyed if you go without CC.

isnt the OP a p*****n ?

Worldie
11-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Good point, armory refused to work for me before.

Now i can even say that if that is his tanking gear, he shouldnt even tank a normal istance :P
And also... no 1-h spec, why :(((((

Starbuck
11-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't know if I'm looking at your tank gear in armory, and I don't know anything about paladins whatsoever.

With that in mind I would agree you're not ready to tank anything :P 9k hp wont last you long in any instance, and MgT is one of the hardest if not the most difficult one. I think I had at least 11-12k hp before I started (pre-nerfpatch).

Get a tank weapon, a faster one basically. The horde version of Honor's Call or the Shattered Sun sword. Or Gromtor's charge in Shadowmoon Valley.

Gem everything, I mean everything, with stamina gems. And enchants, like on the shield.

Get the Felsteel set made by a BS (or if there's a paladin variant of that)

*$

tuffmuffin
11-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Don't know if I'm looking at your tank gear in armory, and I don't know anything about paladins whatsoever.

With that in mind I would agree you're not ready to tank anything :P 9k hp wont last you long in any instance, and MgT is one of the hardest if not the most difficult one. I think I had at least 11-12k hp before I started (pre-nerfpatch).

Get a tank weapon, a faster one basically. The horde version of Honor's Call or the Shattered Sun sword. Or Gromtor's charge in Shadowmoon Valley.

Gem everything, I mean everything, with stamina gems. And enchants, like on the shield.

Get the Felsteel set made by a BS (or if there's a paladin variant of that)

*$

Doesn't matter what weapon speed Paladins use
9k is fine for any normal instance, yes Terrace included, and remember he'd have between 10 and 11k from Fort. More than fine.

But yes, Stamina = win