PDA

View Full Version : Is my gear good enough to be tanking Archimonde?

Kaladrin
11-01-2008, 02:38 AM
Hi there, last night in an MH pug we cleared up to Archimonde and on the few attempts we had I was quite shocked at just how hard I was being hit for, I was practically getting 3 shot, all hits were at a range of 8-9k though in fairness I didnt really have time to debuff him, on an attempt when I did he still hit for 7-8k though. When fully buffed I have 21k HP, just under 20k armor, 26% dodge and 17% parry I believe, I put on pauldrons of abyssal over the ZA ones I have on on the armory, and Ancient Aqir Artifact over Coren's Lucky Coin. We had a better geared tank in the raid but I wanted to give it a shot so I'm wondering if I really need to up my gear level and should have let him tank it.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Kaladrin)

Thanks,

Kaladrin

Gwailo
11-01-2008, 02:47 AM
He hits hard, but slowly. Mitigate that damage a bit more and try to last. Archimonde is one of those fights where the only reason you wipe is because of stupid shit and only 24 out of 25 people are paying attention. Check what those heals are doing on you buddy.

Could I say your gear is good enough? I really don't know anymore; Archimonde probably got nerfed. I stopped raiding post 3.0 in preparation of Wrath. But I bet I could tank Archimonde with that gear before the patch. ;o

Kaladrin
11-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Thank's for the tips, I think I'll only have one more shot at him before Wrath which is next week when it resets, but it's kind of hell trying to get competent pugs! We only had 5 healers which may not have helped, 2 of them were still sporting Mooncloth and dungeon blues. I just felt so helpless to the damage I was taking, I wanted to get him in to position snappy but on one try I moved so quickly as previously mentioned I just got three shot before any heals landed, suppose the druid should have pre-hotted me and a renew+pom from the priests could have helped.

Well, thanks again, at least I know he hits hard and it wasnt just me taking a retarded amount of damage now :)

Gwailo
11-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Before patch he would hit me anywhere between 7-10k and I had better gear than you. I'd be concerned about those guys in blues though, I imagine there heals aren't exactly hot stuff off the bat when recovering from a random fear and some fire burns.