PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready for OTing ZA?

Karnak
10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
hi
I know that there are several posts concerning gear and when to encounter which raid contents, but I am at a point where I am not sure about my possibilities.

I Know that my gear is rdy for Karazhan, but I would be glad if someone could tell me if I am rdy for OTing Zul'Aman.
It would be nice if anyone of you could tell me wich content I am rdy for :).

Additional Infos:
Armory Link: Karnak - Vek'lor - EU (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27lor&n=Karnak)
Current Badges on Char to spend: only 35 :(

Thanks in advance
greetings Karnak

Sheed
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
You really should be heading to Kara before you think about ZA. Even with the nerfs, you still need good gear. More important than your gear, is the gear of the rest of your raid. You could be carried through ZA with some very well geared(t6) healers and dps.

I run 2 ZA's a week for my guild. Since the nerf, I solo tank it with the exception of 3 times. Bear boss, Lynx boss, and Dhawk boss. There I have one of our ret pallies or dps warriors eat the bleed/cleaves/hatchlings. On Monday I had our other tank MT it, I was OT the 3 times I needed it and still pulled 1200 dps overall for the run. So yes, it is nerfed big time, but a 15k cleave on Lynx is still a 15k cleave.

I would run some Kara's and try to get into some other t4 raids, Gruul's and Mag's for some upgrades and badges before heading into ZA.

blahism
10-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I would recommend that you get at least 1 full kara clear in, if for nothing else but the good gear upgrades, badges and more importantly raid experience.

Its less about which content you may be able to slag your way through and more about understanding the dynamics of a raid.

More important to your gear is the knowledge of your spec, your group makeup and your raid leader and MT experience.

You have decent gear, may be able trade off some of that straight defense for BV and stam as well since you do have some resil.

Fayre
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I have doubts about you offtanking towards the end of ZA... 13k hp isn't a great deal. I'd echo the above posters and recommend at least one Karazhan clear first.

Mostly its experience of tanking you'll want though - at least, I did, in that kind of gear. Zul'Aman is a fast paced run and being able to pick stuff up or react to things quickly is very important.

Karnak
10-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Thanks to everyone of you for your informative answers. I think I'll stick to your advices and look for some T4 raids to get some badges / loot.