PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for any recomendations.

Switchback
10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Just looking for any recomendations on my enchants, gems, etc. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to raid so I've been stuck on Kara and Heroics. Trying to get into some Gruul's runs to get my T4 shoulders and think would also like to get into ZA (I think I'm geared well enough now). As a side note I do have the Maiden gloves, the Brewfast block trinket, Moroes watch, and Andormu's Tear for a ring but what you see equipped is what I've been running with. I also re-specced recently to 4/3/54. But right now its still showing 5/5/51. My next planned upgrade is the Badge ring (can't remember the name but its the one from the Isle vendor) or would I be better to do Slikk's cloak? I have about 20 badges now and will hopefully have about 20 more after tonight.

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azuremyst&n=Switchback)

NmEnforcer
10-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Run ZA, too. You are more than geared for it. Especially since the nerf. Chance there for upgrade shoulders, boots, and shield. Weapon, too. Among a few other things and some nice DPS offset pieces.

Get the ring first. The only thing you need to worry about with the ring is losing +def. But you can probably swap out the Card trinket for something like Figurine of the Colossus or the SB one from the quest in Netherstorm. Both have plenty of def to get you back to uncrittable.

The Card is nice, but the threat bonus you potential get from it isn't nearly enough to make it that great. The +51 stamina is nice...but.... I would recommend shooting to upgrade that trinket with the one from Heroic MGT. At least with that one you get an "Oh shit!" proc instead of a minor threat increase.

Karazhan is 24 badges now with the new boss, btw.

Switchback
10-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the input. I'm already rolling with the +54 def alchemist trinket. I'm thinking the def I lose with the ring swap, I could make up by swapping my cloak and/or chest enchant to def or maybe swap a couple gems to def/stam instead of pure stam.

mero12513
10-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah, you won't see many gear upgrades at all outside of ZA, so that's where to head. You could easily main tank that instance even before the nerf based on your gear. Just learn the instance decently well and you should be able to get 4 chests with ease.

NmEnforcer
11-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the input. I'm already rolling with the +54 def alchemist trinket. I'm thinking the def I lose with the ring swap, I could make up by swapping my cloak and/or chest enchant to def or maybe swap a couple gems to def/stam instead of pure stam.

Definitely. I've been thinking about burning out the last of my badges on epic gems, because I don't know what else to do with them. I've got 78 and if I do Karazhan and some raids this week I'll have like 110. Maybe I will just do some heroics and get the 2h axe for 150 so I can have a nice weapon for Arms to level.

Switchback
11-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Finally got a shoulder upgrade the other night in TK! So I'm sitting with 39 badges. Not sure how many more I'm gonna get b4 Lich King. Should I go with Slikk's Cloak? or maybe the Phalanx bracers? or continure saving for the badge ring? Thanks for the help. My armory link is in the first post.