PDA

View Full Version : The Fift Element

Ciderhelm
10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I love Hulu.

I do not, however, love this automatically embedded link.

//edit: Go to Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. (http://www.hulu.com), it's a network site owned by NBC (as far as I know), happens to have Fifth Element up in high definition. Very much worth watching if you want strange French science fiction with Bruce Willis in it.

Warwench
video not worky :(

Krenian
Video not available. GG Cider :p

Ciderhelm
10-29-2008, 08:49 AM
QQ!

Krenian
10-29-2008, 08:51 AM
That would require me to be able to listen to sound and I'm in class so QQ yourself!

Warwench
10-29-2008, 08:52 AM
i'd QQ but i fear there is none left, the QQ jar is empty... damn Pallies..

loquatious
10-29-2008, 08:54 AM
hulu is very cool - I use it to watch TV shows.

My favorite part about the 5th element. A wealthy man is paid to destroy his home planet.

I can imagine this brilliant industrialist sitting in his tiny spaceship orbiting a dead rock and just hugging his pile of useless currency :-)

Or possibly it was the fact that saving/destroying the earth hinges on getting seats on a fully booked flight - obviously the Immensly rich and the Govt dont have access to their own transportation.

Despite the stupidities its a really fun movie and an excuse to see Milla Jovovich dressed only in ace bandages.

Thgil
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Hmmm... your right about the paid to destroy the home planet thing, I didnt even think about that. But that makes me think about every evil supervillians goal, destory this or that, sounds like a jolly good time!

Ciderhelm
10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Why you guys are even talking about it instead if watching it is beyond me! I'm at the paradise resort scenes.

Cynocide
10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Holy crap, I just got done watching that on Hulu this morning. 0.o deja vue

Lizana
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Why you guys are even talking about it instead if watching it is beyond me! I'm at the paradise resort scenes.

Cider.... the fact that your just now watching this movie, your geek License is hereby revoked for 14 days effective today.

I mean how could you not have seen the movie before....

Lore
10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
NO ONE EVER REWATCHES MOVIES

On the other hand, it is Cider...

Caulle
10-29-2008, 09:14 PM
NO ONE EVER REWATCHES MOVIES

On the other hand, it is Cider...

I've seen The Fifth Element at least a dozen times. I've seen many movies at least a dozen times in fact. ;_;

Ciderhelm
10-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Cider.... the fact that your just now watching this movie, your geek License is hereby revoked for 14 days effective today.

I mean how could you not have seen the movie before....
Ahem! I recall describing it as strange french science fiction before I started watching! That conclusion can only be reached if you've seen it before! :p

Taelas
10-30-2008, 02:15 AM
US only. :(

ttocs
10-30-2008, 06:17 AM
I've seen The Fifth Element at least a dozen times. I've seen many movies at least a dozen times in fact. ;_;

A few years ago (when we still had HBO) it seemed like every time I was channel hopping, I saw The Fifth Element on HBO.

But other than that I'm probably the opposite of you - I might have seen a dozen total movies... >.>

Lizana
10-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Ahem! I recall describing it as strange french science fiction before I started watching! That conclusion can only be reached if you've seen it before! :p

you know i honestly dont remember typing the comment above... Some people have drunk dialing, i guess i have drunk posting...

Horacio
10-30-2008, 07:11 AM
I has it on DvD so meh.

Tobius
10-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I has it on DvD so meh.

I'm ashamed to admit I have two Fith Element DvD's on my bookshelf :confused:

Lavache
10-30-2008, 07:27 PM
i love that movie!! if its ever on tv i am obligated to sit and watch it in its entirety. i also own the collectors edition dvd...

Gehn
10-31-2008, 08:29 AM
That movie is great! Mila Jovavich...meow.

Sanelora
11-03-2008, 06:45 AM

This is totally unrelated but check it out.

For some reason that comment made me immediatly think of the spanish film that Tom Cruise brutalised when it was remade. Abre los ojos (Open Your Eyes) was remade into "Vanilla Sky" and lost all of its charm.

It is most certainly worth a watch.