PDA

View Full Version : Learning From Our Experiences

Ciderhelm
10-29-2008, 07:53 AM
http://media.libsyn.com/media/ciderhelm/Learning_From_Our_Experiences.mp3

This is an off-topic podcast that will be useful for guild leaders, raid leaders, and anyone dealing with serious decisions and difficulties. This expands on many of my personal experiences in life. This is the first part of a short holiday series.

mero12513
10-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Why must you release new podcasts while I'm working?

Lore
10-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow grats on TELLING ME YOU WANTED TO DO A PODCAST

Ciderhelm
10-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Wow grats on TELLING ME YOU WANTED TO DO A PODCAST
I diiiiid! But this is a special one sir!

Sanelora
10-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Why must you release new podcasts while I'm working?

This is how the world works. I AM CAAAAAAAAPPPPPEEEEEEED (capped)

Steve
10-29-2008, 08:22 AM
This is how the world works. I AM CAAAAAAAAPPPPPEEEEEEED (capped)

Sucker.

As someone new to the site, Love the Podcasts and all the information on here.

<3

Lore
10-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I diiiiid! But this is a special one sir!

Oh.

Well you're ugly.

Darksend
10-29-2008, 08:44 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo man, saw that shower thing coming epic

as for 9-11, i live in NY and know people who lost family in the attack, i was in high school at the time (only a freshman, in fact it was my second full day of classes) and also was unable to join because of certain medical reasons but i too intended to enlist as soon as i got out of high school.

Edgar
10-29-2008, 09:08 AM
My favorite podcast.

Marrick
10-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Of course I'm enjoying myself in the shower

Best out of context quote ever. Unless it was in context... :eek:

Darksend
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM

yea........

at least you made the standing at attention one clear right after but this one i dont wana know!

Ciderhelm
10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Rofl. When I made the comment about saluting (and promptly corrected it), I realized the shower comment was a bad idea too.

Lilie
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
...i live in NY...

Me's too! :)

dirt
10-29-2008, 09:51 AM
I just got finished listening to the podcast, extremely well done Cider. I think anyone who takes the time to listen it will hopefully take something away from what you said. WoW to me atleast, is merely a micro chasm of RL. You set goals for yourself and you strive to reach those goals. They are not always easy in either case and sometimes you fail, but it doesn't mean you should give up. I can certainly relate to what you said about the ability to become a better person, as I'm certainly not the same person I was in HS or even college for that matter. I wish some of the younger players(sorry, not picking on you guys exclusively) in this game would take the time to embrace some of what you said and lose the sense of entitlement and apply some of time they spend in WoW to working on other parts of their lives.

Lore
10-29-2008, 09:52 AM
I am still listening

but

A Paladin convinced Ciderhelm to play WoW.

I think that statement stands on its own.

Kazeyonoma
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
lies.

mero12513
10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
I am still listening

but

A Paladin convinced Ciderhelm to play WoW.

I think that statement stands on its own.

Ciderhelm secretly decided that the silly World of Warcraft needed him to help fight off the terrible infestation of P*****ns with which it was, and still is, plagued. Keep on fighting Cider!

Will listen to podcast soon......

Kazeyonoma
10-29-2008, 10:56 AM
WOW cider... just wow... Salute... WOW..

Classic
10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Well done sir, we all have our very unique life story.

/target Cider.
/bow

One thing I probably would suggest is a very low volume background music, whether it'd be techno, hardcore, classical, acoustic, percussion... something :-)

deviationer
10-29-2008, 11:16 AM
wow most of the stuff you talked about I connect with. Sounds like we are about the same age.

Krashtork
10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
So many of my favorite people who play WoW are from Washington!

Where area of WA are you from Cider? I grew up here and am currently a student at UW. If you'd rather not answer I understand, I'm just curious.

Ciderhelm
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Omg creepy!

Tacoma area.

Naaven
10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Didn't realize you were a jarhead, but it makes a lot of sense. :)

Army Warrant Officer here. Wondering if there's an all-military guild out there somewheres.

None of my basic training stories proly have such a direct RL application, but there was one time when they brought all of the dudes in my company out to do pushups for some reason or another at the same time girls were showering (went to Relaxin Jackson, so my company was 50/50 females). Glass in female latrine windows was kind of a smoked-out glass deal that made for perfect silouhettes (sp?) of ladies undressing. Was quite an experience, particularly after having not seen nigh of a boob for oh, 8 weeks or so!

Naaven
10-29-2008, 11:54 AM
...When I made the comment about saluting (and promptly corrected it), I realized the shower comment was a bad idea too.
Brings a new meaning to "tank and spank."

(i am ashamed)

Moshman
10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
well done. Really loved it:D

Tatian
10-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Brings a new meaning to "tank and spank."

(i am ashamed)

lol

Tatian

deviationer
10-29-2008, 12:54 PM
So many of my favorite people who play WoW are from Washington!

I'm in/from the state below WA :)

hanago
10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Very very deep stuff. And very well presented. Have you considered writting a book Cider? You clearly have the writing skills for it. I can tell you that others have published biographies with less profound content.

Krashtork
10-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh Tacoma is an alright place.

I'm from Kitsap County, the peninsula in the middle of the Puget sound. What's also funny is the MT for my guild is from Redmond, and the GM of my previous guild is around the Puyallup area i think.

Also, Deviationer, OR is a nice enough state. Sunriver and Cannon Beach are my favorites.

Kazeyonoma
10-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I got an Army buddy who lives in Tacoma, maybe someday I'll visit him and pop on by to have a... Tankspot discussion? lol

Kurgen
10-29-2008, 02:02 PM
What you were looking for was "Squad bay".
I am from Port Orchard Wa and did this about 13 years before you. Corps 88-98 Hollywood Marine too. Paris Island , thats where they train the women marines (j/k)
Hahaha electronics too.

Now playing in Or.

Bloodwraith
10-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Great Podcast Cider. I'd love to hear more like this in the future. I can relate to some of the things you said.

I thought the whole shower incident to be pretty funny :D

Kininye
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I can't help but wonder what other reasons people choose their first "real" toon in MMORPGs, especially since in retrospect they seem totally noobish.

I played an Enchanter in Everquest, but I started out as a Ranger. I only got to level 17, and in that brief had seen high level toons around Felwithe (?) on mounts (Drogmor?). They absolutely blew me away and I was soooo jealous. I, for whatever reason, decided that mounts AS A WHOLE were class specific, and it must have been enchanters since they summon some stuff. I had to have one.

So there you go, I started playing a class because I wanted their riding lizard. I had no idea what else they did, and it's pure coincidence that the class was a perfect fit for me. It's been over three years since I played that toon, but I still miss her sometimes.

salihe
10-29-2008, 02:24 PM
It's kind of funny. For years, I've asked people I know the same question about whether they'd go back and change something if they ever had the chance. My answer's always been the same as yours: absolutely not. This is your story, so I won't get into my past, but suffice it to say, there's a lot that could be changed for the better.

/sigh...I wanted to join the Marines my entire childhood and ended up not being able to for reasons I won't get into here, and by the time I was able, health problems prevented it /cry

Magnuss
10-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Omg creepy!

Tacoma area.

Grew up in woodinville, WA myself... about 30 minutes or so from downtown seattle.

Kazeyonoma
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I played a monk because I like close physical combat in eq, and i liked being able to feigh death and mend. lol

i just found it amazing.

then i looked at wow and it was between a rogue or a warrior for me, chose warrior cuz I idolize Grom Hellscream and boom, Kazeyonoma is born.

Krashtork
10-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Haha do I see a WA tankspot convention coming on? :P

Nuke
10-29-2008, 03:59 PM
CIDER :O did you pick up red alert 3 it was released today?!

Asher
10-29-2008, 04:26 PM
I have been a long time reader of the tanking gospel according to Ciderhelm for a long while. I often lurk around these forums and find them to be a superior resource for tanks of all make and model. So for this resource I thank you. My contribution will be forthcoming.

Pleasantries aside I listened to the entire podcast, and while its message is certainly positive and perhaps motivational, I must admit that it was long winded and served no purpose for me, particularly as a front page item. I'm glad that you have decided to use the internet as an avenue to positively impact people, but I think that your effort in this regard is better placed elsewhere.

This reply is not meant as criticism of the podcast's message or purpose, only that those of use that come here for the tanking related issues should not have to wade through "off topic" content to get tank news at a site called Tankspot.

Thank you very much for this (TankSpot) endeavor, and keep up the good work.

P.S. I was on the Olympic Peninsula on 9/11, not far from your hood. It was surreal to not see a single contrail from Sea-Tac.

Furi
10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Ciderhelm, I enjoyed the podcast and I thank you for making it.

May I ask what prompted you to create and share a podcast on such a personal subject?

Marrick
10-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Very very deep stuff. And very well presented. Have you considered writting a book Cider? You clearly have the writing skills for it. I can tell you that others have published biographies with less profound content.

Some of the content would be more appropriate to a penthouse article.

And the sergeant yelled, "O'Callaghan, to the shower!" "YES SIR!" ;)

izziT
10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
The first time I heard you say something like this, was when I heard a previous podcast of yours about raidleading, referring to your raid-time, where you said something about not punishing (a) kid('s) when it came to raiding contra keeping up with school and getting punished. So to contribute several podcasts on this astounded me.

But too put so much of yourself (as in private life) into this amazed me. The stories and the thoughtfullness followed after. Can't wait to see how these is tuned into raiding, but if they aren't, I'm not disappointed!

Pramm
10-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Great podcast Cider!

Although I'm canadian, I fully understand your desire to serve the military!

I connect with what you have said, life is full of choices and we do learn from the errors that we do... that's how we learn. :)

Best of regards,

Pramm

Horacio
10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
That was very....interesting. I salute you for being undaunted in revealing so much about yourself.

At the risk of sounding trite, I identify with many of the experiences you went through.

huggy77
10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
very touching podcast...

as deep as it was i did chuckle at:
So i was enjoying myself in the shower and had to finish earlier than i would have liked...

Saturday
10-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Probably one of my favourite podcasts to date. As Horacio just said, I can identify with a lot of the things you brought up to such a point that it's kind of creepy. Very well done and if you kept out the innuendos I'm sure you could write a really compelling bibliography ;)

Ciderhelm
10-30-2008, 12:58 AM

Probably one of my favourite podcasts to date. As Horacio just said, I can identify with a lot of the things you brought up to such a point that it's kind of creepy. Very well done and if you kept out the innuendos I'm sure you could write a really compelling bibliography ;)

Thanks! However, a biography for me would go something like this:
1. Deeply emotional events.
2. Diet Pepsi.
3. ??
4. TankSpot.

The climax is kind of in the wrong place as it is.

This reply is not meant as criticism of the podcast's message or purpose, only that those of use that come here for the tanking related issues should not have to wade through "off topic" content to get tank news at a site called Tankspot.
While I appreciate your comments, we've been doing off-topic podcasts since April. They aren't posted on our high-traffic days (Monday/Tuesday). They are also clearly labeled and the podcast descriptions are kept short so other news can be clearly seen. :)

No Frank Klepacki music? Oh well, I'll get it anyway!

Ciderhelm, I enjoyed the podcast and I thank you for making it.

May I ask what prompted you to create and share a podcast on such a personal subject?
It lays the groundwork for 1-2 more podcasts which are more relevant to the community. The next podcast is going to be about people rather than experiences, and how people can have a positive (and negative) impact on us, and how we can have an impact on others. When I referenced Nick early on in this podcast, that comes back in a story about what happened after the USMC.

FeeliksReturns
10-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Thanks for that Cider, really adds a human touch to your writings and online presence so far. I particularly enjoyed your last few lines about how mistakes become opportunities. It is always easier to view mistakes as mistakes that you would re-do, but if you examine almost any model of success in human civilization, they came at a time where mistakes were made, where hardship flourished and demanded creativity to escape, and where people learned from experiences they previously percieved as failures.

Congrats on making the most of your hardships, and turning failures into countless opportunities. It is a great reminder for all of us to never look past this idea when the chips are down.

Also, 10/10 for leaving aside personal ideals of religion, nationalism, etc... a very non-slanted humanist view on progressive learning. Very-well executed, Cider.

Molloy
10-30-2008, 06:51 AM
iTunes?

Ciderhelm
10-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Will get it up immediately Molloy, apologies!

sud
10-30-2008, 07:09 AM
I just started listening to TankSpot's podcasts at work, and i'm really having a blast :)
Keep up the great discussions and if you can, please record even more podcasts!

Thank you Lore & Ciderhelm

Cerulean
10-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I don't always listen to the off-topic podcasts, but I'm glad that I decided to download this one. Thank you for sharing your experiences, Ciderhelm. I'm at a point in my own life where I've really been struggling with regret over choices, lost opportunities, mistakes and the like, and this was a very timely listen.

Also, I wish I were fortunate in having a class mentor the way you did along the way! I'm a baby warrior still (my main is a hunter and I also have a newly raid-ready priest, so this tanking thing is new and scary) - I've been having so much fun playing her, but I'm never quite brave enough to ask my warrior friends to group with me/watch my playstyle/give me tips. I find I spend much more time reading forum posts here than I do researching hunter/priest info, curiously.

etakerns
10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Outstanding work devil dogg. I can totally relate to this podcast, from school, to USMC(PI Though) to the focusing difficulties, to great fam. background, all that. I know exactly were ya coming from, its interesting to meet peeps w/ the exact same exp.. Also i can totally relate to the towel incedent except mine was when the (Mothers of America) came on deck. The DI's made us take a shower in the middle of the day b/c of (Mothers of America)<<<<< not sure what there called now, because of there complaints to the Gen. about the Squadbays stinking and smelling, except our DI's wanted our towels to drop to send a statement back @ them.

Molloy
10-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Will get it up immediately Molloy, apologies!
Bless you good sir.

MonkH
10-30-2008, 09:25 AM

RA3!? how have i not heard about this till now :p

Mordigen
10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I have been a long time reader of the tanking gospel according to Ciderhelm for a long while. I often lurk around these forums and find them to be a superior resource for tanks of all make and model. So for this resource I thank you. My contribution will be forthcoming.

Pleasantries aside I listened to the entire podcast, and while its message is certainly positive and perhaps motivational, I must admit that it was long winded and served no purpose for me, particularly as a front page item. I'm glad that you have decided to use the internet as an avenue to positively impact people, but I think that your effort in this regard is better placed elsewhere.

Thank you very much for this (TankSpot) endeavor, and keep up the good work.

P.S. I was on the Olympic Peninsula on 9/11, not far from your hood. It was surreal to not see a single contrail from Sea-Tac.

Cause he is the man behind the scenes and he can do what he wants on his site and him doing this does not keep anyone from posting or reading the tank relevant stuff. Skip it and read only the stuff you want. The privilege of being and American is freedom to write or read what you want, for example this sort of stuff. I have some Military background and appreciate the story having went through some tough stuff myself. Looking forward to listening to it again at home when I can actually turn the volume up some lol.

Elmeric
10-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Excellent podcast.
It's not how many time you fall that's important, it's how many time you get up.

One thing for sure, if you had gone all the way into a military carreer, we would have lost one hell of a community leader. No offense Lore ;)

Ion
10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Just listened to the podcast, and I have to pretty much agree with what you said.

I have certainly made some mistakes, though thankfully not quite so emotionally painful as the one you outlined. And because of those poor decisions I got a fairly significant opportunity to get paid to do something that I was willing to do for free. Not only that but I've met some amazing people in the process and really feel that, while I was pretty low for a while, my life is really in a much better place for having made the mistakes than it would be had I not.

I, also, wouldn't go back and change things because of what I learned and the opportunities that I've got now.

Machus
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Interesting and brave podcast.

Here is something I've noticed through the years, especially at work, about how different people approach the concepts of success and failure. There seem to be two personality types when it comes to this:

Those for whom success or failure is very black and white. These people like externally imposed or recognized goals and criteria for success. They strive for formally recognized success, and are seriously worried about public failure. At work, these people are more comfortable with very ordered projects but demand that they meet some prerequisites for success, such as having enough budget, time, and clear requirements. These people do well in stable businesses.
Those for whom success or failure are softer concepts. People with this personality type like setting a priority list for themselves, often privately. They work to maximize their overall achievement, and are not worried that much about failure, but rather about missed opportunity. At work, these people like chaotic and risky projects where there is a lot of potential, but do not particularly like set requirements or other constraints. These people are more productive in startups or similar environments.

This might have something to do with how we judge our actions in the past. I'm of the latter personality type. My most failed relationship certainly ended in spectacular failure, but it wasn't a missed opportunity. If I could go back in time, of course I would try to act in a better way to make things turn out well, but I would still take the risk.

Kazeyonoma
10-30-2008, 10:29 PM
How do you explain me Machus lol, i'm the first one when it comes to work, but outside of work i'm the 2nd type, exploring, adventurous and always fearful of missing an opportunity, but within the work place, i like the steady, stable, and clearcut requirements.

Wartank
11-01-2008, 01:57 AM
A real 'to be continue' podcast :-) . I am interested to see exactly where your headed with it, so look forward to the series. Now we've added a healing forum and nude male showering stories, my wife is paying more attention.....hmmm.

But seriously i can relate to how you started wow. I used to bag and couldnt understand how my Battlefield 2 team mates could play a game of pick 10 flowers and kill 10 total noob AI mobs. The wife enjoyed the SIMs so i suggested she have a look at either WOW or EQ2 and here we are. In picking a char i was similar to yourself, i didnt have a clue what a warrior did, but it suggested id be a upfront wielding swords in your face while I dishing out the pain type toon and could be human....perfect :-)

dacoolist
11-02-2008, 05:47 AM
You guys here at Tspot have brought me up WELL! As a warrior tank that lvled up in the last year, with all these changes, being kind of LATE to the end game raid content... This site has helped me SO MUCH!

All the posts, all the podcasts, everything... This podcast, this one made me become a forum member, and I appreciate everything you all do for us tanks. Its a great game, with lots of great folks.

HAIL TankSpot!

Wickezel
11-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Great podcast!
I feel like the more I get to know the person behind the mic, the better I enjoy the podcasts.

Prop
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Anyone else having an error with iTunes not downloading this podcast? All the previous ones have worked fine but something isn't working for me with this one. It just keeps giving me the gray ! indicating that the podcast isn't available or something. Any help would be appreciated, don't want to miss out on anything because of iTunes!

dacoolist
11-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Did you try it again? Might of been offline for some reason. I just cked it again and it worked fine. I have the newest version of iTunes, that might help as well. Use the uninstall method via control panel (for windows), and reinstall it. Depending on what he used to record it (codec), it might have not been supported by an older version of iTunes.

*Cheers*

Cheezburgler
11-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I just finished listening to the podcast and felt moved to say, "thanks, cider"

Soulcrusher
11-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Thanks for a great web site and podcasts. I am a new listener and really appreciate the site and info. As I level up my first Warrior I will deffinitely use the resources here. I'm also glad to see you are from Tacoma WA. I just moved away from Olympia to the east coast for the military. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Gromblee
11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Great podcast Cinder. I went to RTC San Diego when I joined the navy.... the guys that jumped the "wrong" fence....... well Marines are part of the department of the Navy...... As of 9/11 I was on my way home from night shift when I first heard and thought it was just a really bad prank they were pulling until I got home and turned on the news.....
(for those who are unaware the marine bootcamp (MCRD) and the navy bootcamp (RTC) shared a fence) those who jumped the fence into MCRD became marines.

Kazeyonoma
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
It still boggles me that people mistake his name as Cinder (not to pick on anyone, it's a very common mistake).

Gromblee
11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
OK bad fingers learn to type......Cider .......there better? :P

Kazeyonoma
11-04-2008, 11:49 AM
lol, not a problem either way, we know who you're talking about, =]

Stograth
11-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Great podcast man, i wish you did more of em and more often. I def have the whole focus on one thing like its life or death syndrome. Also hearing you talking about boot camp brings back memories man. I was in the corp from 00-04, but since im from boston i was a parris island marine not a hollywood marine :P. I could tell stories for ever about that time. I do rmbr where i was when 9-11 happened, ironically i was cleaning my M-16. Wicked good job brother keep it up , semper fi.

Hollowskin
11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I feel that. I enjoy listening to your podcasts.. and this holiday edition was extraordinary. It soothed me, and it seems as though not much does now adays.

Thank you.

Alrinea
11-06-2008, 05:05 AM

rumors are you need a 20-digit code, yet there are only 19 digits on the cd case and you got to guess the last one?

Porcini
11-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Your early social issues as a teen, coupled with your perseverative, obsessive tendencies can be indicative of Asperger's Syndrome, which roughly describes the mildest end of the autistic spectrum. Adults gradually learn compensatory mechanisms and can overcome a lot of the deficits that make childhood particularly difficult, and generally turn out to be pretty well adjusted :)

This may or may not be relevant to you, but it may be worth reading about. A lot of your life experiences resonate with me, and I was diagnosed several years ago (as an adult). It hasn't really changed anything, other than to put some past experiences into perspective, and to have a better understanding of where my strengths lie, and what things specifically are challenging.

I really enjoyed this surprisingly personal podcast Patrick. Thanks for sharing something about yourself not directly related to tanking (although you did get there in the end lol).

Ciderhelm
11-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Your early social issues as a teen, coupled with your perseverative, obsessive tendencies can be indicative of Asperger's Syndrome, which roughly describes the mildest end of the autistic spectrum. Adults gradually learn compensatory mechanisms and can overcome a lot of the deficits that make childhood particularly difficult, and generally turn out to be pretty well adjusted :)

This may or may not be relevant to you, but it may be worth reading about. A lot of your life experiences resonate with me, and I was diagnosed several years ago (as an adult). It hasn't really changed anything, other than to put some past experiences into perspective, and to have a better understanding of where my strengths lie, and what things specifically are challenging.

I really enjoyed this surprisingly personal podcast Patrick. Thanks for sharing something about yourself not directly related to tanking (although you did get there in the end lol).
Thanks for the post! Actually, the reason I used the word autism was because I was aware of Aspergers being diagnosed in my extended family. :)

Porcini
11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
All the more reason to perhaps give it some consideration then, as it does appear to be hereditary. As I said, if it does apply to you, it won't change anything.. it's just an innate part of who you are, but it can put some things in perspective.

tpoopo
12-16-2008, 02:16 PM
This reminds me of that Nietzsche quote "That which does not kill us makes us stronger". I love how you no longer beat yourself up over past mistakes, and on the other side, you don't pretend they didn't happen. It's so important that we learn from our experiences and hardships. Thank you for the fantastic podcast

Redtail
12-29-2008, 07:26 AM
I found this to be a very moving podcast, it was very thoughtful for you to share your personal life experiences like that.

Gordonoth
12-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow, Well done.
I know how hard it is to go out on a limb and tell people about your life. Not only that but your story is geat and holds a message worth learning for all those who will listen.
I aplaud you.

Ciderhelm
12-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the kind words!

There will not be a second holiday-specific podcast. The second podcast of this nature is still planned and outlined and will be out when it's ready, though the holidays and stress of prepping for raiding has had me tied down over the last month. Such is life. :)

Beefbox
12-30-2008, 07:43 PM
That was really inspirational Ciderhelm! Keep them comming!

olih27
06-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Only just found this forum section, the podcast caught my eye immediately, want to say how interesting and inspiring a listen it was. Nice to hear more about you, you have a very unique backstory which contains a lot of key values, interesting also how you turned your life around and always kept your moral values and a positive outlook.

Fantastic podcast, wouldnt be out of place in any philosophical(?) forum, you mentioned a guild relations podcast, has that been forgotten or have i not seen it yet.

Panttz
06-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Amazing podcast.

Really sent shivers down my spine listening to this.

Arthaswrath
06-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Ciderhelm, this brought back memories of that day, and what you said about the marines. I remember what i was doing. I was just driving around when i got a phone call about it and i was just in disbelief. The thing that made it more unbelieveable is that i just enlisted into the Marines the day before 9/11. I enlisted out of Pittsburgh. It was a two day process with the asvab and medical. We stayed the night over on the local airbase in Pittsburgh and no kiddin, was the 911th airlift. Its just an odd thing that all of those tied together.

I definately loved your stories with the marines and boot camp. I so know what you mean by all of those stories. I feel for you for all of what you said. I dont know who things are for you now, but I definately wish you luck in all that you do and i hope the best for you and everyone else for that matter. Take it easy.

Keza
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I listened to this podcast for the first time today. Your soul-baring was inspirational and introspective, it made me think about a lot of my choices in life too. There is much I can relate to, and it's very brave of you to put yourself out there like that.

Best wishes in all your endeavors.

Keza

Trondhjem
08-24-2009, 04:09 AM
CAPTAIN ON DECK! :D

your story had some fun and some really sad moments. thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. keep up the good work

Aethelas
09-12-2009, 03:05 AM
I put off listening to this podcast for a bit and Im happy I finally did.

Thank you

12hett
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
That was a great podcast Cider. I could relate to a lot of what you were talking about in and out of the game. Thank you.

Qualadifier
09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
This was definitely an amazing story. I connect with this on such a great level. Thank you Ciderhelm this was an inspiration. If your current career falls through you could definitely be a motivational speaker.

Suessa
09-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Excellent podcast Ciderhelm ;)