PDA

View Full Version : Eeek

Wha
10-28-2008, 08:29 AM
So for many a months I didn't have internet at the house. We just moved to the boonies but the important thing is now I DO have internet and I'm back on WoW. The problem is all the rest of my guild has been reached 70 also and has been running instances left and right. They all have armor and such and I'm left behind. I would like to know what I need to improve first, what I need to look for (stamina, defense ratings), and where is the best place for me to run to get better gear. Thanks for your knowledge.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&n=Saszar)

cucullin
10-28-2008, 08:42 AM
im assuming you want to remain prot. if that is the case. the first and only thing you need to worry about is
hitting 490 defense. because of all your pvp gear you are extremely low, 380. though resiliance can be factored in, i dont know the actual equation as to how much resil = how much defense. but the fact of the matter is, sacrifice for defense. go to kaliban's loot list, click warrior, then show prot only, that will give you a list of all gear in all instances that you should aquire. thats the best place to start imo.

p.s. going off of the research on this site and my own personal experience, theres no need to take points in imp. bloodrage and puncture as we essentially have infinate rage. those points can be better spent if you care to respec.

Wha
10-28-2008, 08:46 AM
<3<3 Where has this website been all my life? <3<3

Much thanks!

tcdgais
10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
i would start in kara if you have the chance to off tank, or even as a main tank. your gear isnt "ideal" but it will work.

your pvp gear leaves you shy of typical avoidance/mitigation levels (dodge, parry and block); however, you are still uncrittable with your resilience/defense combo, so dont sweat that too much. with your high armor and stamina (higher than typical tank benchmarks for starting kara) you could probably manage (especially in WoW v3.0). in these next two weeks...just do whatever you can...dont hold back.

as a note: at level 70, you need to reduce the chance to be critically hit by 5.6%. in your character screen, hover over your 'defense' stat and your 'resilience' stat and add the two percentages for your total.