PDA

View Full Version : Titan's Grip leg choices

Tatt
10-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Ok, more for something to keep me occupied than out of any absolute need I have been slowly amassing badges to buy some new shiny legs for my warrior. Armory is not working for me, but using TG my current stats are 2447 AP, 37% crit and 189 hit unbuffed. The worst piece of gear I have equipped are skulker's greaves from Netherspite (I would link but I have no clue how to since Cider changed carriers). I am debating between the 100 badge plate pants (Legplates of Unending Fury) or the leather ones (Trousers of the Scryer's Retainer). Without looking at the impact of Kings or Armed to the teeth I am looking at 43 agility and 5 hit rating vs. 43 haste plus the Armed to the teeth bonus from armor. Both gemmed would have equal amount of AP, so its simply a question of how much is the haste worth compared to a little hit and a lot of agility. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If armory is working for anyone, tattman on shattered hand, any criticism or comments are always welcome, no matter how harsh or unloving they are :)

PhazeX
10-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Pick up the Brutal Gladiator's Legs if you have access to them, they are excellent for a TG gearset.

If you are looking for DPS numbers plug your stats into the Fury Warrior calculator at MaxDPS.com - World of Warcraft Gear Rankings - News (http://www.maxdps.com). They just updated it to 3.0.2.

Also, keep in mind that the TG penalty will be reduced to -5% hit in several weeks and you will be capping out your yellow damage at a much lower hit rating. This means that the +hit gear will be greatly devalued at that time if your over the "yellow cap" as further hit rating from that point on only increases your white damage.

Tatt
10-25-2008, 11:08 AM
I did not think about the S4 legs because of everything I have read about Armor Penetration becoming less valuable in Wotlk....I do not do much pvp, so I figured the resilience and ArP were wasted itemization for me. And I was not wanting to base my decision on Maxdps for the exact reason you stated, it is still thinking we need over 300 hit to cap specials, so it is weighing hit much heavier. I guess my question is if I am at 37% crit, what is worth more, 43 agility or 43 haste?

PhazeX
10-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Well, in reality we do currently need well over 300 hit rating to cap specials on live, but to answer your question, your gear setup would favor Legplates of Unending Fury by a small margin (5-6dps). This is mostly due to the Armored to the Teeth talent and the fact that TG DPS weighs agility only slightly better than haste. But again, S4 legs blow either out of the water by 10-15dps.

Tatt
10-25-2008, 11:26 AM
OK now I am really confused...Unending fury has no agility on it......

PhazeX
10-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I didn't study the stats on each item, I just plugged your approx values into MaxDPS.com - World of Warcraft Gear Rankings - News (http://www.maxdps.com) and made a general comment as to stat weights. Either way, my statements about which is better remains the same and your answers are at the URL above, just plug in your values and you can see where you can improve.