PDA

View Full Version : Beware Netflix

Tatt
10-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Fair warning, I have just been informed that my 3rd credit card in the last 6 months has been stolen, and the only common thread is that they were the card on record at the time for my Netfliz subscription. The credit card companies have also warned me that they are investigating Netflix for literally thousands of other fraud alerts.

Kazeyonoma
10-24-2008, 09:47 AM
wow, good thing i read this, i was talking to the g/f last night about getting a netflix account.

Horacio
10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I think I'll shut mine down. My creidt is perfect and I do not want anything to wreck it. I haven't gotten many movies since I opened the account.

So, I have a question. What do you do if you 'lose' one of the movies you have rented? There was one in my DvD player that was stolen when my house was robbed.

Tatt
10-24-2008, 10:56 AM
If you keep it too long they charge you like 20-30 dollars for the movie to replace it I believe. My credit has not been hurt, thank God all my credit cards have fraud protection on them.

Leytur
10-25-2008, 04:14 AM
I have never been charged anything other than my subscription fee. And that includes a movie that was stolen from the mail.

I also have never had any problem with my credit card. A more likely culprit is that you have a virus that's stealing your info when you enter it into Netflix.

Tatt
10-25-2008, 05:29 AM
Could be, but the credit card company themselves are warning us about it as well, specifically naming Netflix as a possible threat. I am glad you have not had any bad luck with them, but I have already went and got a rechargeabel 20 dollar gift card that I willl use for them from now on.

Leytur
10-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Not a bad idea by any means. I wonder if it's something specific to new(ew) accounts as I've been a Netflix subscriber for probably 4-5 years now. Maybe the new sign up method is flawed.

Genova
10-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I have had Netflix since they came out and never had any problems. I highly doubt netflix is commiting fraud, thats most likely your CC company trying to scare you into buying a protection plan of some sorts. Like someone above said, if your card has been hacked its because of spyware or phishing. The P.C.I. monitors companies like netflix pretty closely.

At least I hope lol... Mine is a debit card so no ruining credit there... just stealing all mah monys