PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Looking for Advice

Horaxe
10-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I just made 70 on the night before the patch. I'm a little confused however as to what I should be hunting for and stacking with the new tanking mechanics.

Here is my Armory profile:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Sedlec)

I wonder if I should be going after Str enchants, or Stamina, also hit and defense. Which takes precedence when gemming, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Widdox
10-23-2008, 10:12 AM
First thing you want to do it work on +defense. 485 is the magic number for heroics, and 490 for kara T5 etc. After that work on your stamina to get your health up.

You will get str as you get gear, no reason to work on stacking that. Survivability is key at your gear level.

Horaxe
10-23-2008, 10:15 AM
How important is hit for Paladins since the change? That's the one that bugs me, warrior friend of mine keeps telling me don't worry about Sta get Hit and I'm left scratching my head. Thank you for your reply, that does help me get an idea of what I should be focusing on.

Fayre
10-23-2008, 10:26 AM
No, I think at your gear level, stamina is more important. Survive the instance first, then sort threat afterwards.

Meeks
10-23-2008, 10:27 AM
HoR, judge, holy shield and taunt are the abilities that you need hit for. It makes it a better stat then it was but not one I would gem for.

Horaxe
10-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Sta/Def it is then, thank you. This is what I was thinking, but I needed to hear it from some people here before I really went all out on the gems and enchants.

Horaxe
10-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Just want to say thank you again for the advice, after a couple of days of questing after work, I've managed to get my defense up about 50 points (up to 450). My HPs are still low, but I'm working on it. I've got a few more pieces to upgrade before I'll be satisfied and working the Heroics and trying out MTing Kara.