PDA

View Full Version : Got dragonscale-encrusted longblade, need help

adamb10
10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
I had Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade drop for me yesterday from Kalecgos but this sword brings a new problem:

It takes me under the 490 defense cap to 481.

Heres my armory with the gear I currently wear minus the sword equipped. (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Strongblood)

I somehow have to make up 22 defense rating and Im not sure if the best way is to regem or re-enchant some gear for it.

Suggestions?

Thanks. :)

Xav
10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Wear a defense trinket?
Wear another defense ring?
Wear a defense cloak?

If not, 12 defense to bracer + 12 defense to cloak.

Inaara
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't suggest using the sword at all. You get more expertise with Brutalizer being an orc so it makes a better weapon overall. I would use another Brutalizer with a executioner chant for a threat weapon. As Xav said alot of your gear needs replacing including the items he mentioned and your neck as well.

I know new items are shiny and you will always want to use it but always ask yourself this question, "Is it really better?"

Stegho
10-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Orc's should always pass this sword to other tanks. It's nice when you have a lot of expertise already form Sunwell gear, but until then...ehh. BEsides which, it's a far better upgrade for non-Orcs.

You should replace that awful overrated neck.

Narshe
10-23-2008, 11:59 PM
It was a good neck pre-3.0. Don't say it's overrated as is the best option (till Brutallus) on that slot in your threat gear if you are a Scryer.

Stegho
10-24-2008, 07:13 AM
VASTLY overrated. Particularly for an Orc with Brutalizer.

veneretio
10-24-2008, 08:17 AM
VASTLY overrated. Particularly for an Orc with Brutalizer.
Your argument is compelling. :rolleyes:

Care to recommend what you'd use instead for a threat neckpiece?

Lore
10-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Expertise does not lose its value simply because you have more of it. You don't see Draenei calling Hit a bad stat.

Were that the case, Orcs shouldn't equip Brutalizer at all.

clavarnway
10-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Your argument is compelling. :rolleyes:

Care to recommend what you'd use instead for a threat neckpiece?
He was referring to the Dragonscale-encrusted Longblade.