PDA

View Full Version : tanking kara for undergeard group - stack what?

austaz
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I offered to tank for an old guild to help them see kara this weekend for the first time but I'm not sure whats best to stack to help tank the trash?

Group will be 2 or 3 healers with 1 geared for T5+ healing and the other a new L70, no reliable CC, and a mix of medium and low dps (2 pvp epic dps and the rest all L68-70 green gear, no hit rating etc).

So for trash I'm tempted to stack block and keep the mobs in front. This way AOE threat is nice if people AOE or target the wrong mob and I think 900sbv should keep the damage down.
The other options are dodge or straight armor/stam.

For bosses I think I'll run a normal boss setup threat should be easy enough with the new mechanics and won't need to be too high.

Suggestions?

Edgar
10-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Well, what does an undergeared group mean to you.

Bosses take longer to kill, due to lower DPS. Therefore you will take more damage. Threat isn't much of an issue either. Also you have one decent healer.

I think Kara is overrated, even more so after 3.0, I wouldn't worry about gear too much and just use what you had on when I armoried you.

austaz
10-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Yep you got it pretty right in saying longer to kill the bosses and trash which means more raid damage (longer dispells on maiden, more garots to heal, flares up longer on curator and AOE trash etc) so I want to minimise the damage on myself to give the healers as much room as possible for raid healing.

Normally this means armor and health for me but with so much block available I wonder would 1000BV and 35% block pretty much mitigate trash damage. I'll figure it out on the night after checking what the trash is hitting for.

NmEnforcer
10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't worry about that. Just hit the defense cap and get stamina. You'll be fine.

Avoidance would help, but its Kara....

I cleared it this week in like.... an hour.

Edit:

Wanted to add... For the AoE stuff....don't worry about it at all. Low DPS is never gonna steal aggro from you anymore. Just run in, Thunderclap, Shockwave, Demoralizing Roar, spam Cleave, and Thunderclap again on every cooldown and you'll hold threat like its nothing. Druids and Paladins have it easier....but its still cake for a warrior.

I did ZG last night for the achievment.... Top DPS. And this is with equally geared rogues and what not. Shockwave (in my DPS gear) is critting for 4k.