PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine

Jalousie
10-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Skipped my morning cup of tea today. Result: inability to keep eyes open, bad temper, headache, nausea.

Are you tea or coffee people? Have you ever tried kicking the habit?

Tatt
10-21-2008, 10:26 AM
I work out at about 7am every day before work, and my wife makes a protein shake for both of us after we workout with coffee, creamer, and Syntha-6 cappucino flavored protein :) Good stuff.

Galushi
10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Coffee fiend now since i tried a normal cup a few months back. I used to only drink the occasional mocha or frappacino, but then i tried just coffee with cream and sugar and enjoyed it. Plus it gives a nice buzz lol.

I also get caffiene headaches if i dont have any soda or something for a couple days so i have coffee for that too.

Btw...i just drank like 5 cups worth from my home machine. Kinda wired..lol.

Lizana
10-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I did, but it took caffeine gum for a few months before i could get myself completely off it

Kazeyonoma
10-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Coffee fiend since I started work. need it right around.... 3pm =x

tobarstep
10-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I generally do 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning and switch to tea as the day goes on. Lately I've been trying to do less coffee and more tea. If I had to say it, my drug would be caffeine.

Sanelora
10-21-2008, 07:22 PM
hehe, i drink tea and coffee in equal amounts more or less. that being said, i am actually able to stop at any time (i have for months at a time)

Good coffee just happens to taste fantastic and good tea is just awesome.

So, i am not so much and addict of Caffeine but more to the flavors of coffee and tea

wayne
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I will be living on coffee for the opening week of Wrath so i can level level level :)

Narshe
10-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Get soem Mountain dew! :P

I also love coffee, I usually drank like 4-5 cups a day. Now I started a light diet and switched 3 cups of coffee for 3 glasses of juice ^_^

Pizzashark
10-22-2008, 03:11 AM
I usually don't get much caffeine unless I make an effort to get some. I don't like coffee. I do like sweet tea or just plain iced tea... hot tea, not so much.

If I need caffeine, I usually just grab a Dew or Red Bull.

Arrivan
10-22-2008, 03:19 AM
I haven't tried coffee since a taste bud experiment in 8th grade where I had coffee and water (only) dropped on my tongue. It was awful. I'm one of the few students at my university who doesn't live on coffee though.

Fastpaws
10-22-2008, 04:03 AM
Coffee, deffinitly coffee. With some creamer and sugar in it. I stay up late through the week and get up at 5:30 am for work so coffee is almost required to make it till 5pm when I go home. Kicked it once, the casffeine headaches were awfull.

Klimpen
10-22-2008, 04:08 AM
I liek chocolate milk!

Jalousie
10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I liek chocolate milk!

ME TOO.

Alpro chocolate soya milk > 99.9% of other beverages.

tobarstep
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Get soem Mountain dew! :P

I also love coffee, I usually drank like 4-5 cups a day. Now I started a light diet and switched 3 cups of coffee for 3 glasses of juice ^_^

Not sure that substituting sugar for caffeine is an effective diet tool ;)

I'm actually starting to fill in my coffee consumption with iced water. Better for me, and I've found the colder I drink it, the more it seems to suppress my appetite.

Okto
10-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Coffee and cigs = breakfast...and alot of lunches for me....>.>

Caulle
10-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Mountain Dew in Canada doesn't have caffeine. Though I think they have some special edition of it that does with vitamins and other stuff. I don't like MD much anyway.

I don't need coffee to get up and do anything. I can be up, out of bed, dressed and ready to go in 5 minutes if I have to. I just enjoy my morning coffee. I've tried switching to an organic decaff, but the coffee quality wasn't as good. If I actually need a buzz for work purposes, I'll just thrown an Umph into a pint of water.

Satrina
10-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Coffee is the great lie. Nothing that smells that good has any right to taste the way it does.

Kazeyonoma
10-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Coffee doesn't taste that bad imo =(

But I guess i put splenda and french vanilla creamer so... what wouldn't taste good with fat and sugar.

Dahler
10-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Caffeine for me takes the form of Cherry Coke. I never realized how bad my caffeine addiction was a few years ago until I got hit with a really bad flu that laid me out for a week. Going through withdrawl after 2 days of being unable to keep down any food or fluids was not my idea of fun.

Of course, after I got over the flu, I went right back to it :rolleyes:

tobarstep
10-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Mountain Dew in Canada doesn't have caffeine. Though I think they have some special edition of it that does with vitamins and other stuff. I don't like MD much anyway.
Good lord. I thought the higher-than-normal caffeine content was the entire selling point of Mtn. Dew.

I don't need coffee to get up and do anything. I can be up, out of bed, dressed and ready to go in 5 minutes if I have to. I just enjoy my morning coffee. I've tried switching to an organic decaff, but the coffee quality wasn't as good. If I actually need a buzz for work purposes, I'll just thrown an Umph into a pint of water.

If I have to be, I can get up and ready with no coffee. I prefer not to do that, however. BTW, decaff is worse for your system. The decaffination process causes the acidity of the coffee to increase substantially. If you have any type of acid reflux problem, stay far away from decaff coffee or tea.

Arrivan
10-26-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm actually starting to fill in my coffee consumption with iced water. Better for me, and I've found the colder I drink it, the more it seems to suppress my appetite.

This is what I drink mostly. I also filter it first because tap water around here tastes like rust and chlorine.

Jalousie
10-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Coffee is the great lie. Nothing that smells that good has any right to taste the way it does.

I know! I always feel cheated every time I see someone enjoying it.

Sanelora
10-28-2008, 05:58 AM
This is what I drink mostly. I also filter it first because tap water around here tastes like rust and chlorine.

lolNSW

Darwin tap water is win.

Yeah, I am trying to drink more water and less coffee.

Oddly enough, straight milk is quite awesome.

Taaryn
10-28-2008, 07:26 AM
I can't tank without caffeine. Actually come to think of it.. I can't do much of anything without caffeine!

Mountain Dew is my choice for it though.. my ex got me hooked on it when he realized I didn't do coffee. Aftertaste of coffee = nauseating.

Morcius
10-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Until I get home from the sandbox It's a daily dose of Rip It (http://www.ripitenergy.com/splash/index.html) for me :)

Wha
10-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Coffee and cigs = breakfast...and alot of lunches for me....>.>

Oh how I miss those breakfasts. :(

Armstrong
10-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Caffeine served cold for me please.

Iced coffee in the morning, especially when commuting, as hot coffee doesn't wake me up at all.

Dr. Pepper any other time of day. Before moving to the US I very rarely drank soda, I just never was a big fan. For some reason though even after a few years I'm not getting tired of Dr Pepper. Probably not a good thing.

tobarstep
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
lolNSW
Oddly enough, straight milk is quite awesome.

I can't drink milk any more. I thought lactose intolerance at first, but the symptoms don't match up. Milk (and ice cream is the absolute worst) gives me acid reflux so bad I nearly want to vomit, but none of the "regular" symptoms. Someone mentioned to me celiac but I don't see how a gluten reaction pertains to milk. Oh well. I used to enjoy milk a great deal until just the past year or so. I'm back to drinking my coffee black.

Tatt
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Caulle - wtf is Umph?

And I found peppermint mocha creamer at the grocery this morning :) Shakes will be quite good for a week or so :) Also saw that you can now buy Red Bull Cola......0.o

tehrad
10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
love tea and used to molest the espresso machine 2-3 times a day (double shots of coffee, sugar and real milk).

however since about 4 weeks ago i gave up caffeine entirely. man the first 3 days i was a monster, constant headaches and a right grumpy bugger. once that went away tho i've been fine and funnily enough do not miss the morning ritual. :eek: