PDA

View Full Version : Fun with healers...

huggy77
10-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I play alliance, my gear sucks so i usually play defense...

Horde was advancing to the valley right b4 the bridge... As usually the healers where just hanging in the back healing...

I teamed up with a rogue, he would sneak to the back of the line... And target a healer... i would run through the lines raged up with spell reflect and shield block up.... Find the block of healers, then shockwave and fear if i had it....

Healers would usually trinket out of the fear, the rogue would than clean up - taking down at least 2 healers in the process... The commotion and lack of heals would move the battle line back considerably...

tons of fun....

blackthought
10-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I love this strategy(horde though) and use it often...have been since I first started doing AV. Especially in that little area you described right before the bridge by the GY.

I’ve always done it with fury warrior though. My strat...and now with TG is even more fun...i will usually get murdered but not before taking 2-5 people with me and disrupting heals, large spells and AOE. (I call the spell casters the defensive wall)

I target the guy glowing green in the back...i do this from way far away and start with the following...What I do is pop battle shout, my AP trinket, bloodlust and recklessness (sometimes deathwish for shits and giggles) I’ll then start running towards them...usually through a wall of fighting warriors and paladins I keep clicking intercept till I get in range...once I do it’s WW(with recklessness is very nice in a group setting), bloodthirst, (hopefully instant slam now), and cleave. The healer is either dead or more worried about his life being at 18% to heal anything and the group of casters around him are now focused onteh guy who just droped 5k damage on them. This free’s up my attackers to finish off their melee guys and move up. If I’m fortunate I get a heal in there somewhere and can take out another 2 guys. If I’m really fortunate I’ll either fearbomb and watch them go scattering or I’ll just run around targeting the guy with the lowest health going from guy to guy finishing them off 1 by 1. it’s amazing how much of a push you can get from just 1 guy attacking back end casters.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to have an arms warrior running with me using bladestorm while I was WW and casters fell by the boatload. It was really nice because we could intercept/charge into battle, kill a group of casters, then intercept charge to the next group and do the same. VERY FUN!

Pizzashark
10-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, AV's a lot of fun since pugs never have good teamwork going, and tend to leave their healers and rear line classes hanging out to dry while they're busy trying to win the DPS meters.