PDA

View Full Version : Dumpin Prot, back to BGs

dragnorSWC
10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
OK, so i hit 70 about 2 months back...maybe 3. anyway, i used the Warrior PreKara easy gear list i found here and some things I had already to get my 490 Def and other stats.....then after not being able to get groups (I work 2nd shift) and actually gettin kicked from groups because i had 2 greens I'm sayin screw it! until 62 I was arms, I'll go back to BGin it was fun! but now, im not sure what to do...3.0.2 just hit...i got next to no gear for PvP (excluding my Merciless Glad Chest and Shield) I picked up some Ragesteel shoulders....but thats it. Ill switch to my not-tank gear here shortly and leave it on to get opinions if you all would be kind enough. and yea, im goin to stick to BGs not arenas...
Thanks

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Steamwheedle+Cartel&n=Dragnor)
Dragnor LvL 70 Tauren Warrior
Steamwheedle Cartel - US

Baceramus
10-16-2008, 11:18 PM
So far as I know Arena is done till Wrath, and pvp in your strongest gear set. With the prot changes in this patch you might do better in full prot gear as compared to a hash job of dps gear. Survivability and utility are still quite nice in AB, either that or get into some organized AV's as a tank.

jlafleur
10-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Any spec is viable in BGs.

Nyd
10-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Any spec is viable in BGs.

Especially prot.

blahism
10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I've been going in as prot, but its still tough.. i'm a rogue magnet and they just 2-3 man me bashing me so i'm useless. Sometimes i'll throw up shield wall to occupy them in hopes our dps can get out and do some damage but most of the time as prot i'm a sacrificial lamb who goes out and tries to distract 4-5 people at a time and pop fear to split up packs when they're holding key points.

Even then, horde breaks from every human ability i have quicker than i can break from theres :(

Prot is *MUCH* more fun in 3.0 than 2.x ever was but its still not very well balanced horde vs alliance wise.

I'm using entirely tanking pve gear

Kininye
10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm not so sure about that (well, class wise, that is). I PvPed both in a raid tank and a Prot/Enrage spec prior to 3.0, and things are immensely better after 3.0 even though I keep one prot spec all the time.

Prior to 3.0 I could usually kill meleers (any class/spec). Generally speaking, I could go toe-to-toe with any other class/spec one-on-one, but it took a while to kill ANYONE. If they got any help, from any class, regardless of gear, I couldn't kill either one I lost to most casters, too, since they could kite me.

After 3.0, though, I'm not afraid of any class/spec. Admittingly, holy paladins/resto druids/disc priests are still a pain to kill, but at least [I]I can eventually[I] kill them. A rogue that isn't PERFECT at stun-locking, though, is a soon to be dead one. I would argue prot warriors are now the unkite-able class/spec out there, too, so I had near as much trouble with casters. So what kills me now? Multiple kiters focusing me while spread out or multiple people stunning me. At least when that isn't happening now I can go nuts on one hordie while several are on me and still kill 'em.

I don't wear my tank gear or Shield Slam gear when I PvP, either. I put on pure PvP stuff. Sure, tank gear might help me live longer versus melee but it generally doesn't do a damn thing against casters. Those Shield Slams may be bigger, but that generally means I'm sacrificing stats that help all of my other abilities do damage.

I'm lovin' it.