PDA

View Full Version : 69 Warrior Twink Looking for Talent Advice!

CakeMonster
10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Well I leveled at a bad time, hitting 69 on my first character right before WotLK is hitting shelves. The goal was always to play Arena and now there isn't much point getting pwned in my blue instance gear since new gear is coming soon. With that said, I've been twinking in battlegrounds with my druid healer buddy.

I tried 8/52 and 0/60, neither with titan's grip last night for a few hours and hated them. I felt rage starved and my burst felt weaker. Granted I was doing that with a 2h (forgot to break out my 2x 1Hs). So I specced 49/11 and feel pretty mean again.

What I want help with is a few rogue talent points floating around. This is the basic build I'm using: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVMIzdht0fMkfckLGx0o)

1) Should I pull those points in improved charge and move them to deep wounds? Or maybe take two out of tactical mastery and place them into deep wounds? Is deep wounds worth it?

The initial rage off of charges is great, it let's me hamstring and MS after that first hit and then I switch to berserker and mostly stay there.

2) I have 4 points to place between the last point in improved hamstring, improved slam, strength of arms and trauma. Where do they go?
-25% hamstring seems pretty good.
-Improved slam seems relatively weak, it's hard to use it and its damage seems low (probably because there is another level of it at 70).
-I have about 500 stam and 450 strength, so SoA is 100hp and 18atk per level. Not a massive increase, but maybe better than slam/trauma?
-Trauma. I tend to want to min/max, so I almost feel obligated to move points into this talent if i fill 3/3 deep wounds. Is this skill worth anything? I never have GCDs to apply rends so it'd just be for deep wounds.

3) 1/2 Blood Frenzy, 4/5 Wrecking Crew versus 2/2 Blood Frenzy, 3/5 Wrecking Crew? Which is better? Doesn't it basically come down to 3% haste or 1% dmg? Which is better? Sudden death is so absolutely amazing. it's imba as hell. With tons of people hitting you, second wind and endless rage healing you and a druid keeping you up I get full 100 rage execute all the time. Sick sick ability.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what you think and why. Appreciate it!

jlafleur
10-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I was reading the 60-69 EOS is now playing with 70s. Is there even a 69 twink bracket left with the advent of 3.0.2?

CakeMonster
10-16-2008, 12:23 PM
It was never an ideal bracket to do this in, but it was never my plan until i saw the WotLK released date. Basin and gulch are still pre-70.

Any thoughts on the topic at hand?

Alent
10-16-2008, 12:32 PM
With the news upcoming that you'll get EXP from BGs in an upcoming patch... If that pans out and becomes true, I think the best advice possible is "ding 70 and gear up for levelling to 80."

CakeMonster
10-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Look dude, its great you have those thoughts, duly noted. Any chance you take a stab at what I'm actually posting about?

Alent
10-16-2008, 01:02 PM
just figured if you didn't know it'd be good to let you know before you started putting alot of gold into the gear.

Since you're set on it and would like something on topic, I'd ask why no bladestorm? I mean, it is your anti-CC move and at that level everyone but shaman will have their CC spells. I can't give a convincing argument either way since I just don't have warrior experience, but it seems odd you'd take Piercing howl and two useless points in booming voice when you could finish Strength of arms, deep wounds and then snag bladestorm for a stronger arms build. You're so close to it... and it's a powerful move, esp in tight clusterfuck situations.

CakeMonster
10-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm tempted to, I'm just not sure what I'm going to do without aoe snare. I can't begin to count the times someone is just out of melee range kiting me and howl saves the day.

Alent
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Could always twink as prot and use warbringer. :D

CakeMonster
10-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Don't think I have any +block items at all :(

Alent
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
STR gives Block now. 2 str: 1 block value. :)

Brucimus
10-16-2008, 02:25 PM
First and formost....Gearing up at Lev 69 to do BG's isnt really twinking. I wouldnt put myself in the same category with the puppy kicking egomaniacs

...I would siimply try to load up on as many instance/quest rewards as possible. I know if you are friends with a Lock you can get your Second Sight Hat (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31105)

a couple other kickass items you can get at 68/69
Hourglass of the Unraveller - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28034)
Natasha's Choker - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31695)
Borak's Belt of Bravery - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30962)
Chestplate of A'dal - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30258)

blackthought
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM
What weapons you working with? I had oathkeeper and Crystal Forge axe and was doing very well in BG’s with TG(@69), even now as a 70 I just replaced Crystal Forge with Merc Axe and I’m having fun. Prior to these two weapons I had the old 60 HWL 2 hander with mongoose and some green axe and I sucked it up so I dumped about 100g for the two weapons and things turned around real fast.

YOU HAVE TO place an iron counterweight on both of them(+40 haste rating) is just what the doctor ordered. I’m all in on my fury tree (Blackthought-Deathwing). For the most part I’ve been doing really well...
Every now and again I’ll make a horrible showing, I attribute this largely to 1. my group...something about watching 1 guy storm into 5 guys doesn’t sit well with me. 2. greens, I still have lots of greens.

Over equip for increased hit rating is the way to go I’ve found, I was prot prior to the patch and had a lot of +str and +stam gear and it did nothing to help.

If you want to go TG go all in man and do everything to optimize the hit rate and the crit. I’m only at 23-25 depending on what trinks I have on and I do just fine.

Kazeyonoma
10-20-2008, 01:13 PM
blackthought please stop using edited text. Thanks.

blackthought
10-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Got you responded with reason in State of Warriors...sorry didn't even realize. I'll reformat when pasting.

Kazeyonoma
10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
No worries, Cider just doesn't like it, but we keep it in for articles and stuff. No big deal, thanks =]

johnl123d
09-02-2010, 04:14 AM
I don't have any block items either...