PDA

View Full Version : New tree changes.. new pvp spec

velouriam
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
So with all the changes going on with the xpac and 3.0 im really havin a hard time figuring out which tree to go with. I'm starting to think that it will no longer be a ms/bt battle but rather a second wind, heroic fury battle. In arena the heroic fury ability will be a huge help, especially since it refreshes intercept. And furious attacks makes up(in a small small way) for ms. However second death takes me from 6 to midnight. What are you all planning on speccing for pvp?

Bloodwraith
10-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I'll be speccing arms. With the lack of hit on PvP gear, and Furious Attacks being PPM Based, I think Arms a better option than Fury atm.

I'll be trying something like this when I can get online:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0fbfht0frRccRthx)

velouriam
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah that looks alot like what i had in mind. :)

Pizzashark
10-15-2008, 02:30 AM
I plan on making Prot work in 2's and 3's when I get back. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it'll be great in 5's... I plan on making it work great in 2's and 3's, too ;)

Kazeyonoma
10-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Like I stated in one of the earlier posts, I think if you can put yourself with another dps player, especially one who can put up a MS type debuff for you, the two of you can put out a lot of damage.

velouriam
10-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Well after playing a few bg's as full arms spec with 3 point in fury for ap, it seems like im basically rotating between ms, overpower, and execute in fight. At one point i crit a full s4 druid for 4k followed immeadiatly by 2k. while i think having these abilities always open is cool, and the endless rage, it seems as though its just not enough to keep up with every other spec. One on one im having a hard time killing most classes due to new minute plus cooldown effects they use that prevent me from finishing them off. Has our class's pvp moved to prot? Are we now a simply outlast the opponent class? If so im going to need alot of help because i have zero tank gear (other than shield and one hander for spell reflect) and have no idea how to roll prot. lol

Kazeyonoma
10-15-2008, 10:37 AM
pvp balance is based around arenas, so until we can all jump into the arenas and test, we won't really know, from what I've heard from my 3v3 partners who ran with another warrior they were tearing it up still and now they're running mut rogue, ret pally, resto druid and they're almost gladiator bound already lol.

velouriam
10-15-2008, 04:52 PM
so its official to me. speccing full arms with 3 points in fury for ap is awesome. we can use ms, overpower, and execute and with the extra ap that equals big hits. not to mention bladestorm comes in very hand for quick heavy dps. i even like rend. the arms tree has a couple effects that help rend and it definitly helps dps ive noticed. Just thought i'd let others know that i definitly think this is the way to go for pvp imo.

CakeMonster
10-16-2008, 12:32 PM
How are you guys standing the loss of piercing howl? Everyone seems to be able to kite me all day long if I don't have it.

velouriam
10-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Piercing howl? the better question to me is how are we going to survive rogues' dismantle without weapon mastery. While piercing howl was nice every now and then in pillar chasing ive never had too much of a problem with kiting. And once we get to 80 the extended talent points will allow us to get it. But like i said..the biggest problem i've had is with rogues using dismantle. Basically its just another stun that they have on melee classes cause there is not one thing we can do to counter. Ive thought about fearing them away at that point but with the bleeds i already have on that doesnt work. so basically we just sit and take it and hope they dont kill us before we can finish them.

And if your having problems with ppl kiting you..make sure you have improved hamstring maxed and get the hamstring glyph. this gives you a good chance of stopping them in place.

Kazeyonoma
10-16-2008, 02:37 PM
or just keep the rogue hamstring, then go after their healer?

velouriam
10-16-2008, 03:23 PM
lol well of course. but in a one on one case... dismantle is annoying

Bloodwraith
10-16-2008, 04:31 PM
so its official to me. speccing full arms with 3 points in fury for ap is awesome. we can use ms, overpower, and execute and with the extra ap that equals big hits. not to mention bladestorm comes in very hand for quick heavy dps. i even like rend. the arms tree has a couple effects that help rend and it definitly helps dps ive noticed. Just thought i'd let others know that i definitly think this is the way to go for pvp imo.

I think speccing 8 in fury would be better. Grab AttT and Cruelty. The AP from AttT is great, I'm sitting around 2k unbuffed ap now. Cruelty ups your crit, which helps arms dps, Sudden death seems to be a major part of arms burst damage, so the more it procs the more damage you do. I'm sitting around 47% crit unbuffed now.

Kazeyonoma
10-16-2008, 07:03 PM
i hate you still BW, i'm only at 40% crit unbuffed, axe spec is OP and that trinket >:T

velouriam
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
yeah the extra ap puts me at 2k unbuffed now too. i love it! the extra ap plus sudden death and overpower procs are awesome. altho i must say my jaw dropped when u two said ur crit percent was at 47% plus. Mine is 30%. guess i do need 5 in cruelty :)

on a side note...i believe that this talent patch makes arms that much more viable in pve as dps.

Warwench
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Well after playing a few bg's as full arms spec with 3 point in fury for ap, it seems like im basically rotating between ms, overpower, and execute in fight. At one point i crit a full s4 druid for 4k followed immeadiatly by 2k. while i think having these abilities always open is cool, and the endless rage, it seems as though its just not enough to keep up with every other spec. One on one im having a hard time killing most classes due to new minute plus cooldown effects they use that prevent me from finishing them off. Has our class's pvp moved to prot? Are we now a simply outlast the opponent class? If so im going to need alot of help because i have zero tank gear (other than shield and one hander for spell reflect) and have no idea how to roll prot. lol

i dunno about it moving to prot but as Prot, I have the following :

* Warbringer - charge in any stance, removes movement impairing effects - 15 second cool down.
* 3 Stuns (revenge, conc blow and shockwave)
* 2 melee debufs (TC and Demo Shout)
* 30% damage reduction on someone for 6 seconds.
* Sunder Armor
* Spell reflect over the entire group
plus some decent burst damage. I havent hit someone in full S4 but I crit SS for over 5K regulalry and Revenge for about half that... and I can chain them back to back such as SS --> Revenge --> SS and pump out some decent burst.

Mobility is what we are about though, with Warbringer I can zip all over the place.

I'm finding Prot to be a lot of fun in PVP. Even putting together a 3 Prot 3v3 for laughs... we'll prolly go with 2 Prot 1 Ret though.

Pizzashark
10-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Like I stated in one of the earlier posts, I think if you can put yourself with another dps player, especially one who can put up a MS type debuff for you, the two of you can put out a lot of damage.

2 DPS would work well, particularly with another control-oriented DPS class, like a hunter or rogue. Retardin might work well until the nerfbat swings their way. I may try running with a Blood DK in WotLK... sounds fun.

I think running with a healer is more fun, though... mana wars are always fun, especially since it really shows which team has better teamwork and individual player skill :)

Bloodwraith
10-21-2008, 12:54 PM
i hate you still BW, i'm only at 40% crit unbuffed, axe spec is OP and that trinket >:T

<3 I think I'm going to re-gem my meta and re-enchant my boots to max crit, I also want to buy 5 str/ 5 crits for my red sockets and 10 crits for my yellow sockets. I figure, 50% crit is just funny, might as well mess around with the few weeks we have left :D

Kazeyonoma
10-21-2008, 02:06 PM
LOL, wow, i didn't even think of that bw, i might do that too... that just sounds silly LOL

Bloodwraith
10-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Silly.... but awesome at the same time.