PDA

View Full Version : Need help on makeing a twink melee class please

DabrixMGP
10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Right now I am considering a paladin. Its mostly because I have always really wanted to play one. I also have pink haired gnome fetish and wouldnt mind playing a warrior. Already gotten various twink items, Kang, varios of the bear and of the monkey plate items and 30/10 leg enchant. I don't have a guild to trun me through level 50 instances so I guess I will have to be a normal twink since i got most of this stuff via AH from mining along with some drops.

I tried playing a shaman to 68 but always got WTF floored by most warriors/rogues that got close to me. Which of the 2 would be a better choice:paladin or warrior. No desire for arenas ATM only like BG playstyle. Would also consider a rogue if they require less twinking than pallys/warriors.

tobarstep
10-14-2008, 03:26 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about twinking after the expansion:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/40452-its-official-twinks-dead.html

DabrixMGP
10-14-2008, 09:25 AM
That reads EXP=optional. Just like when I played Dark Age of Camelot I was "able to level up in battlegrounds through XP rewards". But you could also turn it on and off which unless Blizzard is dumb, they will do. So back to my question. Should I go Pally or Warrior?

Brucimus
10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't think you are going to find alot of help here at Tankspot. Twinkspot is here
(http://www.hellokittyonline.com/us/)
Twinking in general is usually the activity of people who don't enjoy being in a group. And tanking is ALL about grouping. Twinking is an act of cowardice. Tanking is the ultimate in (gaming) bravery because 24 others are counting you to get the job done. Tanking is all about progression through the game. Twinking is about ruining the game for others not aware enough to avoid twinks

Tatt
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
HA HA TWINKING IS DEAD!!!! On a happier note I can now level without doing all the ridiculously mundane and painful quests :)

DabrixMGP
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Im sorry maybe I misread the section I posted in. Lemme check again. Yup it says PVP. I guess you were too retarded to read that when you talked about progression. But I guess you wouldnt know anything about PvP since your Arena ratings are ROFL. And I always thought this was one of the more mature forums. All I did was ask a simple question seeking advice on whether to make a warrior or paladin for PvP in battlegrounds and I get retard middle school level answers. I could have gotten those on the official forums. So much for good advice here I guess this place has gone the way of the blizzard forums.

Tatt
10-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Lol retarded thanks....12 sites are wrong, you can still be a twink, go blow all your gold really quick and be the first kid on your block to do it.

DabrixMGP
10-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Wow no wonder you hate twinks. No Arena team, 64 resilience, I guess you get destroyed in PvP so you try and bash it. **** you *** **** retard ****** ***

Brucimus
10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
bye

Kyoki
10-14-2008, 01:01 PM
now now there is no need to have a nerd rage just because you cant twink anymore.

Muggs
10-14-2008, 01:02 PM
a. He is spec'd fury in pvp gear.
b. He has a pocket disc priest (me, GG)
c. We both xfered to Shattered Hall last week after finishing up arena for the season.

and...

d. Bye bye.

Ciderhelm
10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
So much for good advice here I guess this place has gone the way of the blizzard forums.
Yeah, it tends to get that way if I'm not actively banning morons.

Tatt
10-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Man thank you, you actually made my day that was so funny :) Definition of irony....comparing a few moderate responses to the wow forums, then insulting me racially, prejudicially, and ignorantly as well. Hall of fame baby, hall of fame.

huggy77
10-14-2008, 01:04 PM
darn it the hello kitty servers are down for maintenance too...

hbombs
10-14-2008, 01:05 PM
ohhhhhhhhh snap and muggs your on shatterd hand!

klor
10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I think both sides of this argument need to relax. Brucimus, going about insulting other peoples views on how they play the game only instigates problems. Please refrain from doing so, whether it be on purpose or not.

And DabrixMGP, please relax a little bit and don't get so confrontational upfront. Assaulting someone when they instigate you makes you no better than they.

As for your question, it really depends. Ret pallies are nasty even at low levels and most low level twink warriors are fury spec (or were) simply because you dont even get MS until 40? i believe. Then again, as ret you're much like a shaman, just praying for that proc of seal of command to go off for burst. Its really up to you. I personally was going to make a warrior before I sold all my twink gear mainly because low level warriors are fun :)

Muggs
10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Hand, Hall, whateva, bombs!

huggy77
10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
on a serious note, you tube "pendulum of doom" if you can get your hand on it and learn how to joust, you will be a monster at 39

Brucimus
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry Klorr ...I shall ignore the puppy kickers from now on.

Ciderhelm
10-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Assaulting someone when they instigate you makes you no better than they.
I'm pretty sure that's the best time to assault someone.

klor
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry Klorr ...I shall ignore the puppy kickers from now on.

I enjoy my twink priest tyvm :p

Taelas
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, you can feel all justified and everything. :p

hbombs
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the best time to assault someone.

Cider's right.. its like a get out of jail free card.

Squeegiemama
10-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't think you are going to find alot of help here at Tankspot. Twinkspot is here
(http://www.hellokittyonline.com/us/)
Twinking in general is usually the activity of people who don't enjoy being in a group. And tanking is ALL about grouping. Twinking is an act of cowardice. Tanking is the ultimate in (gaming) bravery because 24 others are counting you to get the job done. Tanking is all about progression through the game. Twinking is about ruining the game for others not aware enough to avoid twinks

Wow...I doesn't matter how people care to enjoy the game, its up to them. If you don't like twinks, that's your problem. He didn't ask your opinion on twinking he asked for help on a particular subject.

Answer the question posted or keep your opinion to yourself.

Brucimus
10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I was just telling him since i have never seen twink related material here that he probably is going to find it here...so I gave him a helpful link and gave him some of my views on the subject.

Dont turn me into the bad guy.

Tatt
10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok I am sorry but Bruc's response and mine are not in the same league as that guys, this is not even remotely fair in comparison. Bruc has a right to state his opinion, and he is correct I have never seen a single question and/or comment on this site about twinks. The guy made a direct and rather extreme comment towards me, which pretty much guarantees that I will have absolutely no sympathy and or understanding of anyone who feels like taking up for him. The difference between this site and the forums is we respond to each other with reason and maturity. Calling me a N....(I am Irish) a F..(happily married with 4 kids, thanks) and whatever else he said just lost him the right to be heard objectively.

Nez
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
His response was way out of line and violated the ToS obviously, hence the ban. I however do not see how calling someone a "coward" because they like to twink could be construed as a mature or reasonable response? Honestly that was not a good "Tankspot" response to a simple question. Lots of people twink PVP, it is nothing more than min/maxing a character with the available gear to achieve the best result, much like we all do with out tanks constantly. I would imagine most of us wear our best PVP gear when PvPing, how is that any different from twinking?

Krenian
10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
/popcorn

..oh wait, this is TS, I forgot.

/martini

Leytur
10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, it tends to get that way if I'm not actively banning morons.

I approve this message.

Kazeyonoma
10-14-2008, 02:42 PM
We're done here, Bruc relax a little on the people, your opinion is valued, and he took it the wrong way, but even you can't deny that your response was a little harsh, if he wants to play with twinks, that's fine, but like the thread linked in the 2nd post or so, twinks will be gone come 3.0 or expac since they will level while in BGs. (weird!). In the future guys, if you see someone flaming or acting silly, just report them, it's why we have the function in the first place. Don't stoop to their level and try to shout back at them.

Thanks guys. Closed.